Team for next year if a takeover goes through? (1 Viewer)

Matthewearley12

Gk.murphy
Rb.christie
Cb.edge
Cb.andy butler (walsall)
Lb.adams
Lm.moussa
Cm.fleck
Cm.doyle (Bradford)
Rm.baker
St.lyle Taylor (Falkirk)
St.clarke
Subs
Dunn
Clarke
Wood
Jennings
Bailey
Thomas
Mcdonald

RoboCCFC90

Gary Breen (GK)
Gary Breen (RB)
Gary Breen (CB)
Gary Breen (CB)
Gary Breen (LB)
Gary Breen (RM)
Gary Breen (CM)
Gary Breen (CM)
Gary Breen (CM)
Gary Breen (ST)
Gary Breen (ST)

We all dream of a team of Gary Breen's!!!

SonofErnie

Unless the takeover includes a full buy out of ACL, then I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference to the team we can field unless there is a significant boost to season ticket sales. After all we will still be restricted by FFP

torchomatic

I expect nothing but Internationals in our team after a takeover. If not, then our new billionaire owners can fuck right off.

skybluedan

as i said in a previous post, some audacity to think about mcgoldrick and the likes with the situation your in! cut your cloth accordingly and build a team around what your income is witch certainly isnt mcgoldrick, dont want to repeat myself but the way teams like you swindon and bournemouth are run is why fans end up p.i.s.s.e.d off and have to fund raise for they're club alla pompey, the fl should toss you all out into the basement and be made to start from scratch! deserve nothing less

Zorro go and eat your mothers shit

Nonleagueherewecome

Murphy
Maicon
Blair Adams
Richard Dunne
Byron Webster
Gael (season loan)
Norwood
Baker
Jamie Paterson
David McGoldrick
Leon Clarke

Bradders

as i said in a previous post, some audacity to think about mcgoldrick and the likes with the situation your in! cut your cloth accordingly and build a team around what your income is witch certainly isnt mcgoldrick, dont want to repeat myself but the way teams like you swindon and bournemouth are run is why fans end up p.i.s.s.e.d off and have to fund raise for they're club alla pompey, the fl should toss you all out into the basement and be made to start from scratch! deserve nothing less
<br />
<br />
Helmet!

wingy

I expect nothing but Internationals in our team after a takeover. If not, then our new billionaire owners can fuck right off.

I expect them to do what SISU should have done at the outset from a position of Strengh . To negotiate a sound deal around the Stadium Rent/Income/Ownership etc etc and then build a mangable model to sustain our Club long into the future. Basing this on Continuity of management/Style of Play, producing at least 30% of our own players to the Squad and allowing fan representation within the Boardroom.

Finally they should work 10x harder than the last 30 years at persuading and recruiting fans to come and join in the revolution,rather than sitting there making platitudes that mean nothing while expecting total utter loyalty.:(:pimp:

mark82

To be fair we were saying exactly the same about Portsmouth last year. The only real creditor we have is the relatively small amount owed for rent which has been withheld. Everything else is owed to our owners. Don't forget it could be your team one day (who do you support?). It was only 2 years ago we were all happy and being told we were debt free and living within our means.

Black6Osprey

Whatever happens next season the team will be worse than this. FFP will be 60% rather than 65% and even if a billionaire took us over you cant work outside the wage bill dictated by our income. Someone would have to take over all the income streams to get a decent increase and I cant see that happening in time for next season or why any businessman would want to chuck his money away and never see a return.

hutch1972

You really are a sad and deluded person if you think that by throwing the likes of us out of the league will change things !
Most teams relegated to this god forsaken pit of a league will hit financial trouble especially if you have spent half a century in the upper tiers.
Leaving our current plight to one side for the moment , most clubs in this league have no realistic chance of ever reaching the top 2 leagues and therefore dont have to stretch the budget to keep fans happy, however, we along with the likes of Sheff u have aspirations of returning to the top (difficult as it may be) and must somehow sign the better players to help achieve that.
The lack of knowledge about our problems is not helping, we certainly have not overspent on players in the last couple of years, in fact our problems stretch back many years and involve mostly off field problems. Opposition fans seem to think we have broken ffp rules,but they dont come in till next season.
No matter what happens from now on ,we will still have more to spend than most teams at this level and always will.
if i thought for one minute we were settling for a history of L1-2 football ,i certainly wouldn't pay £20-£25 to watch it ,i would rather watch local parks football for free.
In a nutshell ,jog on with your small club syndrome ,back to your future of mediocrity,back to your club with no ambition ,just leave us be and we will be out of your hair soon enough,

Mr B

as i said in a previous post, some audacity to think about mcgoldrick and the likes with the situation your in! Cut your cloth accordingly and build a team around what your income is witch certainly isnt mcgoldrick, dont want to repeat myself but the way teams like you swindon and bournemouth are run is why fans end up p.i.s.s.e.d off and have to fund raise for they're club alla pompey, the fl should toss you all out into the basement and be made to start from scratch! Deserve nothing less

Oh my god mcgoldrick's a witch burn him, burn him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr B

And this weeks
images
of the week award goes to............................................................... Zorro85, congratulations now feck orf!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Whatever happens next season the team will be worse than this. FFP will be 60% rather than 65% and even if a billionaire took us over you cant work outside the wage bill dictated by our income. Someone would have to take over all the income streams to get a decent increase and I cant see that happening in time for next season or why any businessman would want to chuck his money away and never see a return.

If any new investor bought both shareholdings in ACL, there's no reason why their turnover, at £8m and ours could be combined, surely? Thereby solving the problem

Mucca Mad Boys

I'd love to see us sign Paterson, but, I really can't see that happening.

Realistically, I think we'll have to get rid of a fair few, definitely: Malaga, McSheffrey, Wood (unless he takes a massive cut), Cody and Bell and maybe: Edj, Baker (might have to sell CT4 or Christie).

Personally, I'd think we'll need to sign about; a winger, 2-3 CB, LB?, 1-2 ST. All depends on budget.

Murphy
Cyrus Ed Upson(Yeovil) Wood Blair
Baker Barton Thomas Fleck
Moussa
L.Clarke

Subs; Stech (Yeovil), J.Clarke, Andy Buttler(Walsall), Patterson (Walsall), Wells (Bradford), Wilson, Doyle (Bradford)

Mucca Mad Boys

Murphy
Cyrus Ed Upson(Yeovil) Wood Blair
Baker Barton Thomas Fleck
Moussa
L.Clarke

Subs; Stech (Yeovil), J.Clarke, Andy Buttler(Walsall), Patterson (Walsall), Wells (Bradford), Wilson, Doyle (Bradford)

Yeovil's Upson is a CM.

Stench would not sign to be a benchwarmer, Butler, is 29, I doubt Pressley would even want him, if we signed Paterson, he would not warm our bench! He'd start for definite. I doubt Doyle would sign, he'd be a good signing, and Wells also wouldn't warm our bench and Championship teams want(ed) him.

Yeovil's Upson is a CM.

Stench would not sign to be a benchwarmer, Butler, is 29, I doubt Pressley would even want him, if we signed Paterson, he would not warm our bench! He'd start for definite. I doubt Doyle would sign, he'd be a good signing, and Wells also wouldn't warm our bench and Championship teams want(ed) him.

I'm not saying that we should play the team that way, im saying that it would be a good squad to have. I'm sure Upson can play at CB too

dongonzalos

Gk. murphy
Rb. christie
Cb. Willis
Cb. Malaga
Lb. adams
Lm.moussa
Cm.fleck
Cm. Bailey
Rm.baker
St. Cody
St. Clarke

Subs
Dunn
Clarke
Henderson
Jennings
Barton
Thomas
Wilson

Keep one manager
Have no off field shenanigans

= Promotion

Grendel

Gk. murphy
Rb. christie
Cb. Willis
Cb. Malaga
Lb. adams
Lm.moussa
Cm.fleck
Cm. Bailey
Rm.baker
St. Cody
St. Clarke

Subs
Dunn
Clarke
Henderson
Jennings
Barton
Thomas
Wilson

Keep one manager

= Promotion

You are a WUM. What is the point of having new owners and yet a squad destined for relegation?

Hilarious - one of your best yet.

Mucca Mad Boys

You are a WUM. What is the point of having new owners and yet a squad destined for relegation?

Stupid post, yes, but, an equally stupid reply.

That squad would not be "destined for relegation", we'd need to sign some players to mount a title winning challenge, but we already have a good side.

Mr B

A thread wouldn't be complete without the usual Grendel diatribe...........................

'Grendel is my hero baby'

SkyBlue_Bear83

Gk. murphy
Rb. christie
Cb. Willis
Cb. Malaga
Lb. adams
Lm.moussa
Cm.fleck
Cm. Bailey
Rm.baker
St. Cody
St. Clarke

Subs
Dunn
Clarke
Henderson
Jennings
Barton
Thomas
Wilson

Keep one manager

= Promotion
Malaga, Mcdonald and Willis in the starting line up. Seems reasonable

What has Malaga done to show he is better and ahead of Edjenguele who is average at this level?

stupot07

Malaga, Mcdonald and Willis in the starting line up. Seems reasonable

What has Malaga done to show he is better and ahead of Edjenguele who is average at this level?

Yep, An already leaky defense weakened and unprotected by a 5 man midfield with 2 holding players and a group of midfielders that often go missing for large parts of games.

Grendel

A thread wouldn't be complete without the usual Grendel diatribe...........................

'Grendel is my hero baby'

So we have 2 centre halves who have played a handful of professional games, a centre forward who averages a goal every 5.5 games, no defensive midfielder and a midfielder who has played 2 decent games since he has been here.

Yes the whole league will be trembling with fear.

Users who are viewing this thread