Team Of The Week (1 Viewer)

Astute

Murphy? To me Camp played better although we won.

Murphy? To me Camp played better although we won.

I thought exactly the same. The standard of Keeping in our league must be awful. How are TOTW completed though? Is it stats based or is it someone saying well he played better than him? If it's stats then Murphy might simply have made the most amount of saves.

Astute

Camp made more saves. Murphy didn't even play the full game.

wingy

I think certain views from the weekend onthe team and these two in particular ,are based on preconceptions from earlier games and the loss of westwood .from what i saw on the day ,not the rest of the season ,the team gave an overall good performance ,and given where these two are coming from,murphies save against miller was equal to camps ,as he knew he was going to get battered going forit.Hussey was a man on saturday not a boy,tackled hard, tracked, marked,and attacked to the byline.it has'nt taken very long for the negativity to return with a few of the threads yesterday and today,squads shit ,no goals,lucky to get these guys in team of week,lets wait and see what we can get at Leeds ,and if its negative then its apt

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I agree wingy. We get 2 players in the team of the week and everyone complains, work that out?!?!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Coventry City's pair are goalkeeper Joe Murphy and defender Chris Hussey, who were both in good form as the Sky Blues picked up an important 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest at the Ricoh Arena.
Murphy went off injured after 75 minutes but prior to that he made several good saves to keep the Reds at bay, while Hussey was a defensive rock in helping his side earn only their second win of the season.

Astute

I agree wingy. We get 2 players in the team of the week and everyone complains, work that out?!?!

Saying that Camp made more saves and played the whole game was not complaining. It was a truthful observation. Camp also made the best save by far.

So if I disagree with anything that could be seen as being good I am complaining? :eek: So we all complain at times then if we don't agree with everything good mentioned about our team :thinking about:

wingy

Nobody could accuse you of not being positive over the last couple of months astute ,i'm generally more negative about the affairs of our club ,and we all see things differently ,knowing you do GK position i'm sure you're judgement and focus is firmly on how they perform ,but on the day those two players had very solid games,while camps save was convenient in that it took very little movement to achieve the save ,reflex yes ,it had partially crossed the line,extremely close to being a goal ,we won't agree but Murphy's save for me equalled it as if he did'nt get there it was a goal from that distance ,the fact he threw himself at it with 6'2" ,15 stones coming at him edges it for me ,and in doing so put himself out of the game ,so 75 mins should not see him marked down ,you personally know the madness that save took.:D

Astute

Certainly would have made a bravest team of the week :laugh:

Most might not agree with me but although decent saves, none were great saves by murphy. The last one could be called brave, but it is more instinctive. You do not know exactly where the post is, especially when you are dealing with a high ball. He had a clear view and not lots of pace on the ball. The other saves he did were from a decent distance with clear view. How many would have moaned about poor goalkeeping if any of the shots against him would have gone in? The good save from Camp was not as good as many think though. He was already going in the direction of the ball. Otherwise he would have got nowhere near the ball. Good reflexes saved the ball going over the line. Good save though.

My head has caved in a few posts. The problem is the post wins every time. I have the scars on my head to prove this :D

Users who are viewing this thread