Telegraph Poll (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

If someone wanted to take Wilson from Bournemouth you'd be looking at something between 7.5 and 12 million imo. Maddison, perhaps 2/3 million.

Skyblueweeman

Just commented on this on another thread...is that where your inspiration came from Nick?!

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Like I said on the aforementioned thread, a player who has played 18 games in L1 is apparently worth more than a player who has just scored over 20 goals to fire his team to the Premier League....f*&king mentalists.

Paddy9239

I'd be disappointed to see Maddison leave for under 3m, contracted for 3 years. 2 senior goals and 18.

Issue is, we should have got much more for Wilson - similar to Assambalonga? Was that 6m? Similar age, similar record?

Bonkers that the market is like that, 6m for a league one striker but you have to make the most of the market!

Noggin

Who is worth more, Maddison or Wilson.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...majority-coventry-city-supporters-say-9241106

Really?

Simon, can you sort the readership out a bit?

It's a poor summary of peoples responses and a shit article with an inaccurate conclusion.

People weren't asked who is worth more Wilson or Maddison, they were asked what is Maddison worth. Since over half the people say over 3m and Sisu sold Wilson for 3m that means over half the people think Maddison is worth more than Wilson, except of course it doesn't mean that at all. It means over half the people surveyed think maddison is worth more than Wilson was sold for last year, if you asked the same people what they think Wilson is worth you'd probably get responces of well over 10 or even 20m.

Stats, science and journalism done by someone incapable of any of them.

Noggin

It's a poor summary of peoples responses and a shit article with an inaccurate conclusion.

People weren't asked who is worth more Wilson or Maddison, they were asked what is Maddison worth. Since over half the people say over 3m and Sisu sold Wilson for 3m that means over half the people think Maddison is worth more than Wilson, except of course it doesn't mean that at all. It means over half the people surveyed think maddison is worth more than Wilson was sold for last year, if you asked the same people what they think Wilson is worth you'd probably get responces of well over 10 or even 20m.

Actually I should correct myself, the article is fine it's the headline that utterly ruins it, if they are written by different people it's only the headline writer and presumably the editor (or whoever signs off on a piece) that deserve criticism.

Godiva

It's sad really. Journalism is supposed to inform and enlighten the readers - instead they mislead in search for 'clicks' and sales.
How come the journalists have become indifferent to professional pride?

Won't be long before I'll trust a used car sales man over a journalist.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If someone wanted to take Wilson from Bournemouth you'd be looking at something between 7.5 and 12 million imo. Maddison, perhaps 2/3 million.
Its typical CET making up a crap headline which doesn't represent the content of the article.

Basically the telegraph did a poll asking how much is Maddison worth (nothing to do with Wilson) and 56% said he is worth 3 mill+

Telegraph then turned that into Coventry supporters say Maddison is worth more than Wilson (because we only got 3 million for him, nothing to do with Wilsons worth now)

Noggin summed up a few posts back as well

Hobo

If it is based on what we sold Wilson for against what we might sell Maddison fors, then it might have some legs.
Personally I think Maddison is being over hyped.

he hasn't really proved anything yet and next year will be a marked man even off the bench

pusbccfc

If it is based on what we sold Wilson for against what we might sell Maddison fors, then it might have some legs.

he hasn't really proved anything yet and next year will be a marked man even off the bench

Have you seen the video on YouTube of his highlights this season? Deserved to be hyped.

Otis

No! This what you call a marked man.

Untitled-1_1513176c.jpg

skybluelee

Thanks for saving me the trouble of writing that response.

hill83

Actually I should correct myself, the article is fine it's the headline that utterly ruins it, if they are written by different people it's only the headline writer and presumably the editor (or whoever signs off on a piece) that deserve criticism.

I'm fucking sick of the Telegraph and their bullshit headlines. And their stupid fucking polls.

LJC_CCFC

I'm fucking sick of the Telegraph and their bullshit headlines. And their stupid fucking polls.

If there's no legitimate news to report, why not give us a decent opinion or comment piece. Or get a sit down interview with a squad member. Try using their football 'knowledge' to analyse the season, a player's individual performance or something of that ilk.

Users who are viewing this thread