Telegraph Spin (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Getting pathetic now

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fan-flies-5000-12053652

Bloke tweets he is at the game the other night as he his home for his 50th.

Simon writes he hasnt seen a game for over a year and has flown back for the boycott to try and make out he is coming over just for the boycott.

Embarrassing, writing incorrect articles to promote a boycott. Still people won't see an agenda.

The decision to stay away was made all the harder for Stewart by the fact the last time he saw the Sky Blues play at ‘home’ was at Sixfields during the 2013/14 season.
- wrong

Stewart Craner, 50, has flown from Portland, Oregon, to take part in a planned supporter-led boycott of the Coventry City v Rochdale League One clash on Saturday.
- wrong

Despite not having seen his beloved Sky Blues play for more than a year, the lifelong CCFC fan said he felt he had to miss the match to take part in the planned march and protest for the good of the club.
- wrong

He said: “Even in Portland, thousands of miles away, I was being sent links to the pig protest at Charlton. It has gone global.
- He is on Twitter and speaks to city fans and the trust etc, it isn't 1920 where somebody sent him a polaroid in the post.

Last edited:

torchomatic

That's Gilbert and the Telegraph for you.

Nick

Administrator
It's just getting a bit desperate now, to the point things are pretty much being made up.

torchomatic

"Pretty much". You're being kind.

covcity4life

soon it will stop being printed and just be a website with non articles like "everything we know about a non league striker linked to chesterfield but who may also possibly come to cov maybe if chesterfield dont buy him , if they are really interested in him in first place"

RFC

Getting pathetic now

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fan-flies-5000-12053652

Bloke tweets he is at the game the other night as he his home for his 50th.

Simon writes he hasnt seen a game for over a year and has flown back for the boycott to try and make out he is coming over just for the boycott.

Embarrassing, writing incorrect articles to promote a boycott. Still people won't see an agenda.

- wrong

- wrong

- wrong

- He is on Twitter and speaks to city fans and the trust etc, it isn't 1920 where somebody sent him a polaroid in the post.

Pathetic as well as being inaccurate!!!!!

Skyblueweeman

Read the article before this thread and though to myself 'well that's worthy of more attention that the actual protest itself'. It's the type of thing you can see on the BBC or Sky websites as a news story which then links to coverage on our plight.

Then I saw this thread. You can't make it up.

theferret

It's what happens when your entire business model is geared around page views and ad CTR - you can get filler fluff and click-bait.

Telegraph still has a place, major news stories like the little girl who was tragically killed require feet on the ground to cover properly, as does rolling and breaking news - there is nobody else geared up for that, and they have to generate revenues to sustain their business somehow, so you can understand it.

It does help when the articles are accurate though! You just open yourself up for criticism otherwise.

Nick

Administrator
Read the article before this thread and though to myself 'well that's worthy of more attention that the actual protest itself'. It's the type of thing you can see on the BBC or Sky websites as a news story which then links to coverage on our plight.

Then I saw this thread. You can't make it up.

If he had flown over especially, then of course.

Even so, a guy who rarely comes home is choosing to miss a game so is making a bigger sacrifice than most anyway. So fair play to him for that.

I just don't see the need to make things up as that just ruins it. (The telegraph, not him).

He was back in Cov on the 17th, and looks like he didn't know about the Boycott then. So it blows all of the crap written away.

Thing is though, how many people will believe it all? What else is made up to get attention? This is what I mean when I say it misleads people.

If you don't read places like here, you don't have any reason to doubt that article. You are fed things that aren't true.

Last edited:

hopesprings

If he had flown over especially, then of course.

Even so, a guy who rarely comes home is choosing to miss a game so is making a bigger sacrifice than most anyway. So fair play to him for that.

I just don't see the need to make things up as that just ruins it. (The telegraph, not him).

He was back in Cov on the 17th, and looks like he didn't know about the Boycott then. So it blows all of the crap written away.

Thing is though, how many people will believe it all? What else is made up to get attention? This is what I mean when I say it misleads people.

If you don't read places like here, you don't have any reason to doubt that article. You are fed things that aren't true.

Yep but as CCFC fans we have been fed information that isn't true by all sorts of different people for all sorts of differing reasons. Including I suspect some of the posters on here !:(

Nick

Administrator
Yep but as CCFC fans we have been fed information that isn't true by all sorts of different people for all sorts of differing reasons. Including I suspect some of the posters on here !:(

When a forum member posts something, you take it with a pinch of salt.

You don't really expect a local paper to be making things up to promote a boycott which goes along with their agenda.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
There's an awful lot of users who have read this thread but not posted on it... perhaps it's early yet...

mrangry

Spin that has been fed for years by the Telegraph wonders where all the wasp fans are or the Sisu Haters.....I'll be at the match on Saturday pity it will be by Italia...........lol.....

eastwoodsdustman

Spin that has been fed for years by the Telegraph wonders where all the wasp fans are or the Sisu Haters.....I'll be at the match on Saturday pity it will be by Italia...........lol.....

Forget this non story. There's a real story out there. A girls hair was dyed by a hairband and she's had some cut off! Complete with sad looking mother. The Cov Telegraph, the seeker of truth and Justice:)

Nick

Administrator
Forget this non story. There's a real story out there. A girls hair was dyed by a hairband and she's had some cut off! Complete with sad looking mother. The Cov Telegraph, the seeker of truth and Justice:)
The one in Solihull?

All things like this show is how people aren't arsed about the truth.

Bruce the Boot

There's an awful lot of users who have read this thread but not posted on it... perhaps it's early yet...

Perhaps its because the thread is about as good as the article . Little girls bitching about a newspaper .

Nick

Administrator
Nicks Posse has arrived !

Quick, more and more people are starting to see through the shite.

giphy.gif

Bruce the Boot

Point out what I am wrong about.

Where did I say that you are wrong ? Come on it s a personal bitchy attack on Mr Gilbert again , and thats what it is bitchy a non thread the same as the article .

Nick

Administrator
Where did I say that you are wrong ? Come on it s a personal bitchy attack on Mr Gilbert again , and thats what it is bitchy a non thread the same as the article .

How is it personal? I pointed out about something he wrote and then posted the truth.

That isn't personal.

Bruce the Boot

How is it personal? I pointed out about something he wrote and then posted the truth.

That isn't personal.

Dont pull that one ! You bitch about everything Telegraph/Gilbert I think your a tad jealous that you have nt got his status amongst CCFC fans .

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just like the thread a user started on Venus appearing arrogant to them you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread