Tesco parking (1 Viewer)

Otis

Meant to say after the last home game, anyone have trouble parking against Notts County?

There were less than 12,000 there on the day but with the security seemingly gone at the mo I think many more people were taking advantage and parking on the Tesco car park.

For the County game I got there at 1.45 p.m. and the car park was chock a block. Hardly a space to be found anywhere. Had to drive around for ages before I got a space.

Just thinking that surely the Arena Park will clock on to this and clamp down sooner rather than later. At the end of the day they want people parking there to go shopping and spend money in the stores.

We now have the extra shops too so this will create more interest from shoppers.

Not going to affect today but any crowds now around 10,000 + could cause a problem.

As I say, I was there at 1.45 and saw a lot of cars that had clearly parked for the game (scarves, shirts etc and at that end of the car park) and away fans are going to take up the opportunity too.

Anyone else have the same problem?

MTK

We found that too but a biggish chunk of the car park was sectioned of for use by that new sports shop Decathlon. There were lots if have a go sports activities going on. We kept trying to drive down our usual parking rows only to find a kid playing basketball :) Hopefully it won't be the same today

Otis

Did notice that. Still an awful lot of cars around trying to get parked.

Saw the sectioning, but as it was only 1.45 just thought there would be an awful lot more cars waiting to park as the game time approached.

Today won't give a good indication as there will be less than 5,000 there.

Hope they don't clamp down because Tesco is obviously the perfect free place to park.

Grendel

To be honest it was even full last Sunday - the new shops are working at increasing traffic. They have now erected more signs warning of fines if the stay is over 2 hours so may start to enforce if it becomes an issue.

Anthony_Kav

I was with my mate who parked in Tescos car park at the MK Dons game last month, and he got a £30 fine through the post. Did anyone else get one? He drove out of the exit near the Ricoh, not near the petrol station, i don't know if that made a difference. From then on we'd rather pay the £2.50 in the official park and walk car park in Wayside Business park.

Last edited:

Otis

How could you get a fine? Was security on?

I haven't seen security there all season. Without manned security at the entrances they have no idea of knowing whether you went shopping and spent £25 in the shops or not.

I guess there must have been security on for that game?

If I see security on I just spend the £25 in Tesco.

Sick Boy

I was with my mate who parked in Tescos car park at the MK Dons game last month, and he got a £30 fine through the post. Did anyone else get one? He drove out of the exit near the Ricoh, not near the petrol station, i don't know if that made a difference. From then on we'd rather pay the £2.50 in the official park and walk car park in Wayside Business park.

Tell him not to pay it, despite their threats they cannot legally take you to court to make you pay them.

Anthony_Kav

No, there was NO security, but we did go back up there to have a look, and we realised there is them ANPR cameras at the exit that we used, it had a sign under the camera saying 'Maximum stay 30 min' i don't know if this applies to any normal day because it didn't say anything about that. So that's an argument on our side. Don't worry, we won't pay.

Last edited:

ccfcdan

I had this happen to me at Asda on jubilee crescent once. I went in in the morning and left after 10 mins. Popped in again for some lunch later in the day and there camera took an image of me going in at 9am and leaving the second time at 1pm. They sent me through a letter saying I had to pay a fine for staying over 2 hours. The only way I could challenge the fine was to write to them. It was a pain in the arse to be honest. I told Asda and they said its nothing to do with them. I won't shop there again and wrote to the company explaining what had happened and they didn't even bother to reply! There wankers the lot of them!!

Otis

Where was this? Tesco car park is 2 hours free parking. If you spend 25 quid you can park there all day. The fine is 50 quid so not quite sure where you have parked. Just checked the signs as I am here now.at Tesco.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Nick

Administrator
I got a ticket from the police for parking on the grass by the bull and anchor which they own....

Anthony_Kav

It was the same sign, i was just speaking to a guy at the till in Tescos (i have payed over £25... yay!) he just said that they changed the signs 2 weeks ago, so the time limit is longer and they've put up the fine to £50. Although, it's still a nightmare.

wingy

It was the same sign, i was just speaking to a guy at the till in Tescos (i have payed over £25... yay!) he just said that they changed the signs 2 weeks ago, so the time limit is longer and they've put up the fine to £50. Although, it's still a nightmare.
I'm pretty sure its always been a 2 hr time limit ,and after watching Martin Lewis in the week they're not afine,just presented as such to con you ,they're actually a parking fee/charge which i'm sure you can challenge as they're so excessive and bare noo relation to typical parking fees.

Otis

If there is no security on the entrance they can't fine you. The object is for them to challenge you on the exit to see if you spent the 25 quid. No-one there and they have no idea if you spent the £25 or not.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A few years back my Dad had went to Tesco on the morning of a match day and bought over a £100 worth of shopping in the morning. Anyway I can't recall the exact wording of the sign but the general idea is free parking all day for customers. He bought the shopping back home and then we went to the match and used the Tesco car park for the match, his car got snapped by the cameras entering and leaving the car park in the afternoon for the match and he got fined. The company who control the car park wouldn't back down over the fine so in the end he had to pay the £30 fine but the Tesco store ended up giving us around £80 worth of shopping vouchers for Tesco

Just thought I would share that story whilst we are all talking about Tesco carparking on matchday

Otis

A few years back my Dad had went to Tesco on the morning of a match day and bought over a £100 worth of shopping in the morning. Anyway I can't recall the exact wording of the sign but the general idea is free parking all day for customers. He bought the shopping back home and then we went to the match and used the Tesco car park for the match, his car got snapped by the cameras entering and leaving the car park in the afternoon for the match and he got fined. The company who control the car park wouldn't back down over the fine so in the end he had to pay the £30 fine but the Tesco store ended up giving us around £80 worth of shopping vouchers for Tesco

Just thought I would share that story whilst we are all talking about Tesco carparking on matchday

Cool. I'd love some vouchers with Christmas coming up. :)

Sick Boy

If he had refused to have paid it then nothing would have happened. They try and threaten you but in the end they leave you alone, the best thing to do is just ignore them and they eventually go away.

dongonzalos

If he had refused to have paid it then nothing would have happened. They try and threaten you but in the end they leave you alone, the best thing to do is just ignore them and they eventually go away.

For the first time this year we agree on something.

Otis

But the time limit there is even shorter than 2 hours.

No idea how you've got away with it, cos they are usually really on the ball about that.

I recall one day my coming out of Burger King and starting to walk towards the Ricoh and they jumped straight down my throat ....... and I hadn't even brought my car! :(

Users who are viewing this thread