Testing in schools (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Car crash of an interview with Nick Gibb

How much can you beat a horse until it dies. When the hell does the teaching profession plan for mass testing in the first week back after Christmas. The heads and teachers can’t make a stand, maybe it’s time for the rest of society and parents to say come on government please start to plan ahead

Also Northern Ireland and Wales and many other countries in Europe planning ahead and locking down but the uk sticking with the tiers.

No question in my mind we will do the same but later and more rushed. When will Boris and his chums learn?

Ian1779

From a basic time and logistical perspective what they want delivered is impossible. They did mass testing in Liverpool and it had to be run by the Army.

Having had the displeasure of meeting this inept knobjockey on more than one occasion, it doesn’t surprise this kind of nonsense coming from the DfE - especially also given the calibre of the Secretary of State too. The two of them are utterly inept.

You know we’re in a shit state when Justine Greening was the competent one over the last 10 years.

David O'Day

He said that won't be asked to be in charge of testing which is the opposite of what they announced yesterday and differs from the official documentation they sent out

Sky Blue Pete

What frustrates me is their lack of planning affects the lives of friends of mine who’ve worked bloody hard all term and need time off or will they will break

chiefdave

We've had months of the government insisting schools aren't an issue even though as far back as the summer we've had experts lining up to say if schools were going to open something else would need to shut to offset the impact.

At the start of the week they were threatening legal action against schools that closed a few days early for Christmas.

Now they want mass testing in schools and a switch to online learning to enable a staggered return after Christmas but seem to have forgotten to put the infrastructure in place for either or give schools a decent amount of time to get organised. Shambolic.

Sky Blue Pete

We've had months of the government insisting schools aren't an issue even though as far back as the summer we've had experts lining up to say if schools were going to open something else would need to shut to offset the impact.

At the start of the week they were threatening legal action against schools that closed a few days early for Christmas.

Now they want mass testing in schools and a switch to online learning to enable a staggered return after Christmas but seem to have forgotten to put the infrastructure in place for either or give schools a decent amount of time to get organised. Shambolic.
And I wonder if more than hundreds of the thousands of laptops have been provided yet

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Perhaps the teachers should take on the government stance on testing in schools and just insist on it all being done in one big block at the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread