Thank you Mum and Dad (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

For this......
Charlton have signed Standard Liege midfielder Anıl Koc on loan until the end of June.

Looks like away fans will be having some fun with this one.......

lordsummerisle

Once knew a couple who called their daughter Laurel Anne.

Nice name, except for the fact that their surname was Hardy.

Nonleagueherewecome

Once knew a couple who called their daughter Laurel Anne.

Nice name, except for the fact that their surname was Hardy.

Nothing tops Neville Neville.

Didn't Man U fans have a song to Bowie's "Rebel, Rebel" that they sang for Gary, featuring the line:

"Neville, Neville,
Is the name of your dad".

lordsummerisle

Nothing tops Neville Neville.

Didn't Man U fans have a song to Bowie's "Rebel, Rebel" that they sang for Gary, featuring the line:

"Neville, Neville,
Is the name of your dad".

That they did, though would suggest Neville Neville as a name showed a distinct lack of imagination by the parents!

Hobo

Anil Koc, there will be a few defenders who will be worried if he manages get in behind them and shoots.

_brian_

I used to work with someone called Ivor Bigun*!!! LOL!

(*This isn't true, I'm afraid, I just wanted to have a little bit of a laugh** on a Monday afternoon!)

(**I'm laughing because it sounds a bit like 'I've a big un***'!)

(***Penis.)

Kingokings204

Commentator " and Koc spreads the defence wide open and shoots right into a tight gap"

covmark

Went to school with someone called Joanna king, and my parents had a friend called Theresa green.

ajsccfc

Creedence Clearwater Couto's parents were heavily influenced by American music and films which didn't work out so well for his little brother playing for Botafogo, Cumstain Couto.

olderskyblue

My old ma used to work with a lady called Iris Stew. Think her family owned a bookies in Longford....

torchomatic

I went to school with someone called Sasha Shorthouse. Not funny, but not easy to say.

andrew.roberts

Juan Carlos is often abbreviated to Juanca in Spain and the c is pronounced in this instance as a "K"...and suprisingly most of them are

Johnnythespider

I had a teacher called mister Bates. He taught TD if anyone remembers what that is.

ajsccfc

There was a teacher at my school who made the boys strip to find who had stolen a pen. The police got called in and he later had a nervous breakdown.

He didn't have a name that lends itself to the wordplay theme, but it was a bit mental.

Johnnythespider

There was a teacher at my school who made the boys strip to find who had stolen a pen. The police got called in and he later had a nervous breakdown.

He didn't have a name that lends itself to the wordplay theme, but it was a bit mental.

But did he find the pen.

ajsccfc

I think so, but it hadn't actually been stolen in the end. Fun story for the parents that evening I'd imagine.

Astute

For this......
Charlton have signed Standard Liege midfielder Anıl Koc on loan until the end of June.

Looks like away fans will be having some fun with this one.......

He should have gone to Marseille so he could play with their defender Rod Fanni. They would have all positions covered together.

Hobo

No longer a schoolboy, but somewhere in the world there is a Dwayne Pipe. Perhaps he became a plumber?

Otis

I also worked with a bloke called Joseph King and my wife had a best friend called Jovanka, which was prounounced Yovanka. This of course made it worse, or better dependant on your point of view. Better for me, cos everytime I saw her I would say her name quite aggressively.

My wife also had an old school friend called Yura Thikee.

I did also work with a bloke called Colin Shufflebottom. He insisted it was Colin Shufflebotham! And I'm sure a lot of the older posters on here will remember a hairdressers in the city centre called Mike Hunt.

Hugh Jarse

I went to school with three Singh brothers. One was Panjit, another was Manjit and the last was Ranjit. They were good guys.

Monners

Phil, a good mate of mine. has to regulalry use initial only for certain business transactions. Mr P. Nice (pronounced as per the French city). True again!

Users who are viewing this thread