The £500 deal (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

I am trying to renew our two as Premier League but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it.

There is a membership and packages tab, which show my tickets but I cannot click on them or anything.

There is no mention of Premier League package.

The season ticket page just shows unallocated seats. I could buy the single one next to mine as a Premier League package but I need two.

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally, my initial thought to this deal was that it’s a bit of a gamble to be honest. It’s not really any different to a ‘bond’ and if we get promoted the free ST is the interest.

I get it, we need more revenue to compete in the transfer market and this is a way to do that but there’s no telling how effective that’ll be.

I think it’s a shame there’s no bands for the Prem membership because for people with juniors, it’s v expensive. For many parents, it’s probably sensible hedging your bets on not paying the £500 on the basis that either the junior(s) will be 18 (presumably paying for themselves) or will still be U18 if we got promoted before the 5 year plan.

I’ll only consider the Prem package if my brother chooses to not get a ST because then I won’t be able to take advantage of the family stand deal. Which represents amazing value and my old ST was in block 28.

MalcSB

Personally, my initial thought to this deal was that it’s a bit of a gamble to be honest. It’s not really any different to a ‘bond’ and if we get promoted the free ST is the interest.

I get it, we need more revenue to compete in the transfer market and this is a way to do that but there’s no telling how effective that’ll be.

I think it’s a shame there’s no bands for the Prem membership because for people with juniors, it’s v expensive. For many parents, it’s probably sensible hedging your bets on not paying the £500 on the basis that either the junior(s) will be 18 (presumably paying for themselves) or will still be U18 if we got promoted before the 5 year plan.

I’ll only consider the Prem package if my brother chooses to not get a ST because then I won’t be able to take advantage of the family stand deal. Which represents amazing value and my old ST was in block 28.
It’s completely different to a bond.

Robinshio

if you are premium zone you will save over 5 years (even without promotion) barring relegation - so it really is a no brainer
if you are standard zone, without promotion will probably cost you maybe £200 over the 5 years after inflation - not really worth it at that point

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s completely different to a bond.

Obviously I know that. The point is the Premier league package is a scheme to generate extra revenue without the guarantee of Prem football. It’s asking us to pay extra as a type of loan in return for a free Prem season ticket should we achieve our goal of promotion.

We could sign up for it, and be in the doldrums in 5 years for all we know.

Robinshio

Obviously I know that. The point is the Premier league package is a scheme to generate extra revenue without the guarantee of Prem football. It’s asking us to pay extra as a type of loan in return for a free Prem season ticket should we achieve our goal of promotion.

but you can opt out any time during the 5 years
so if you dont like what you see just pay this year = an extra £20 for premium seats, and you are effectively having a 24/1 bet on us going up

Grendel

but you can opt out any time during the 5 years
so if you dont like what you see just pay this year = an extra £20 for premium seats, and you are effectively having a 24/1 bet on us going up

Is there any legal recourse the consumer has if King sells the business in the summer??

MalcSB

If you know it’s completely different to a bond, why say it’s not really any different to a bond.

in addition to the free Prem season ticket, the prices are fixed until promotion is achieved so there is that benefit as well. Almost can’t lose - promotion this year or anytime in next 5 years = free ST, no promotion a cumulative saving against inflation.

Nick

Administrator

It's not a loan. It's just paying more.

Hobo

It's all geared to feeding off play off fever and before the Middlesbrough result comes in.

Sounds like he got the idea from Boyle Sports.

Ashdown

Less than £22 a game for best seats in the house….by todays stupid prices for everything it’s not bad value at £500 if you are dedicated anyway. If we did have a good season then it’s a good investment.

MalcSB

Less than £22 a game for best seats in the house….by todays stupid prices for everything it’s not bad value at £500 if you are dedicated anyway. If we did have a good season then it’s a good investment.
It’s £26 a game for Premier football.

torchomatic

Not sure being dedicated has anything to do with it.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's not a loan. It's just paying more.
It is if you’re (potentially) getting a free season ticket. The free season ticket is the repayment.
If you know it’s completely different to a bond, why say it’s not really any different to a bond.

in addition to the free Prem season ticket, the prices are fixed until promotion is achieved so there is that benefit as well. Almost can’t lose - promotion this year or anytime in next 5 years = free ST, no promotion a cumulative saving against inflation.

Guys, comparing it to a bond was an analogy and not to be taken literally. It’s a scheme where we pay more money than the product is valued at on the promise we get something back i.e. a free season ticket upon promotion. Which is an investment (like a bond) because promotion is not guaranteed - a team like Barnsley finished 5th only to be relegated the season after.

If we get promoted, it’s a great investment but if the wheels come off and we go back to being a mid table Championship club, it’s a waste of money.

£500 for a season ticket in the grand scheme of things is a lower mid table price according to last season data.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

1500 sold apparently
Nick to be honest I think there wont be more than around 2500 because I sit in 21 and a big percent of people who sit in the new premier zone are Pensioners if they intend to stay they can gamble but at the cost of £60 or move(which I will) so I cannot gamble unless I pay£500 for a ticket I can get for £360 think not.Then there are quite a few with children surely to big a gamble.Doubt that leaves many more than about 2,500 possible sales.There was a post recently that said how many seats there were in the blocks forgot how many 19-20-21 totalled but don't think I'll be far off.

MalcSB

It is if you’re (potentially) getting a free season ticket. The free season ticket is the repayment.

Guys, comparing it to a bond was an analogy and not to be taken literally. It’s a scheme where we pay more money than the product is valued at on the promise we get something back i.e. a free season ticket upon promotion. Which is an investment (like a bond) because promotion is not guaranteed - a team like Barnsley finished 5th only to be relegated the season after.

If we get promoted, it’s a great investment but if the wheels come off and we go back to being a mid table Championship club, it’s a waste of money.

£500 for a season ticket in the grand scheme of things is a lower mid table price according to last season data.
I see it more as a gamble than an investment.

the rumpo kid

Rumpo junior and myself went for the deal today (rumpo j is 25 so not a real junior) I think it could be a good deal . Over five years ? I think season tickets have to increase anyway, it's fixed , and you just never know. I trust robins to deliver, and I'm always going to go anyway so why not take a little punt and try and back the boys. PUSB .

Hutch11

And if like me you've moved to 21 , the premium seats it makes even more sense

Covkid1968#

You guys make me very excited!
Can anyone believe we are in touching distance of a return???
The place has gone mad… rational people making daft decisions. I’ve not been this excited since the first time I saw the Jenkinson step over trick.

Users who are viewing this thread