The agreement for Wasps to move here / 2 years on (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

To be fair, over the last couple of weeks there has been a fair few attacks on Nick and the forum in general about the way its run. It seems very convenient that it happens just before a shit storm and a lot of new pro wasps/ccc/aeht posters appear. Pretty poor form I'd say.

Nick

Administrator
And yet you continually have a go at posters who try to do this when SISU is the target. It's like when you espouse about wanting to respond to posters who post BS, yet when it's against CCC or whoever else, you don't, (or rarely) bother.

You keep your crusade against the telegraph going ad nauseum, but I haven't seen you mention Les Reid "calling anyone out" which is odd, has he claims he has had all the "exclusives"

Your getting all frothy mouthed over the last days or couple of weeks, when all this is surely just an end product of whats gone on for way longer than that. (who ever is at fault). Grendel, who I rarely agree with, pointed this out very early on. You make out that any comments aimed at SISU are a way of protecting Higgs CCC etc. That is complete bollocks.

imho this whole academy debacle has been building up for a long while now, and is part of a bigger picture, not an isolated event that has just come about. OSB58 has mentioned something like this quite a few times. Fook me, it's like CCFC version of game of thrones...

I want them all to be shown up and called out about the academy and suits this.

I'm not posting made up facts am I? I just copy and posted a fact, it isn't something silly like "wasps are taking millions out of the council every month" was it? Where do you have those made up accusations about the council or higgs?

I have said les reid should call them out, I have said the trust should. Everybody should be called out.

Crusade against the telegraph? People need to give their heads a wobble, read the articles and comments and see if that gives the views of actual city fans.

olderskyblue

To be fair, over the last couple of weeks there has been a fair few attacks on Nick and the forum in general about the way its run. It seems very convenient that it happens just before a shit storm and a lot of new pro wasps/ccc/aeht posters appear. Pretty poor form I'd say.

I ignored those attacks because they were bollocks. The way Nick runs this site is fine by me. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with what he posts... :)

Nick

Administrator
I ignored those attacks because they were bollocks. The way Nick runs this site is fine by me. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with what he posts... :)
People are more than welcome to disagree, it's the idea. I've no issue eurgh that as long as ccfc is actually the only reason for people to be on here.

It's quite obvious what the attacks were about, just after I pointed something was happening that was bad as the anti sisu pr had started.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Of course they get them to post on here, they have always done it. Some I can't prove, some are thick as shit and use their own email address while trying to be somebody else.
I Like it, thick as shit . HAVE IT :banghead:

olderskyblue

I'm not posting made up facts am I? I just copy and posted a fact, it isn't something silly like "wasps are taking millions out of the council every month" was it? Where do you have those made up accusations about the council or higgs?

There were a few posters last week saying that Wasps had turned down all 17 of the points raised by CA as a fact. I questioned it as I hadn't seen that stated anywhere else. I even said BS like that is something you would normally pick up on...yet you didn't.

Crusade against the telegraph? People need to give their heads a wobble, read the articles and comments and see if that gives the views of actual city fans

Nick, you are always having a go at the Telegraph, it does appear to be an obsession of yours....

TBF, I only read whats on here, or links that may be posted. I don't generally read the comments on those sites, only on here.

SkyBlueCharlie

Nick,
As you have clearly said this thread is about Wasps and their proposed plans for the future when they arrived. Again, as you have stated it has nothing to do with CCFC.
So why is it on the CCFC forum? Shouldn't it be on the Wasp Forum?

mattylad

This article from the end of March says they are going to build another arena at the Ricoh

Aviva Premiership club Wasps is looking into the possibility of building a second arena close to its Ricoh Arena home to continue its expansion following its move to Coventry in 2014. At the second day of the SportsPro Live conference, Wasps chief executive David Armstrong said the club was “looking carefully at potentially building a second arena” that would act as an indoor sports and music facility.
Following a panel session titled If You Build it They Will Come, in which he participated, Armstrong told Sports Management that while plans were still in the very early stages, he envisaged breaking ground on the project within two or three years. The facility will include activities such as indoor surfing, trampolining and climbing, and will be connected to a separate leisure facility Armstrong revealed

Grendel

Covstu

The importance of having the interest of people of Coventry at the heart of any decision about the future ownership of ACL.• The commitment that any deal relating to the Ricoh Arena would not be approved unless the following three tests were satisfied
  1. A good deal for the City - financially yes it was, it got rid of a headache for them and they cashed in (short term viewpoint however)
  2. The security and future of Coventry City Football Club - Disregarded completely due to poor relationship with our owners, we sadly didn't help ourselves equally on this but again the decision was a short term viewpoint and not about the legacy of the club
  3. The security and future of Coventry Rugby Club - Going back to point 1, it was all about the benjamins.
  4. The need to ensure the continued regeneration in the North East of the City. - Maybe the new swimming pool and training facility ticks this box. Not sure how any decision would have done this fully however
  5. The long term commitment to the City given by Wasps, who are focussed on the success of their Club and were committed to delivering an ambitious programme for the community and to bringing more sport to Coventry. - I would say they have integrated into the city well with great PR.
  6. The expectation that the Ricoh Arena could now go from strength to strength, raising Coventry’s profile both nationally and internationally. Again it clearly can do this with or without CCFC there.
  7. The intention of Wasps to develop the Ricoh Arena as a conference centre plus a training facility in the future would benefit the City. See point 6.

How is that working out?
Nick, I think the major issue is really only with us as a club and the childish nature that both parties played out over the last 5 years. I genuinely feel that if we had a decent relationship that CCC would still have a stake in ACL rather than shipping it out.
The short term viewpoint of the council is the worry, they clearly see the opportunity to cash in and disregard any legacy of our football club, equally the Rugby team. SOLD OUT!!

Nick

Administrator
tempted to ask why your quoting from 2 years ago, when I did that you were quick to highlight it
Because it's still proving untrue isn't it? Nothing has changed with the conditions of them being allowed here has it?

Since I posted more stuff has come out to re enforce that it's not being kept to.
Oh well, Tim Fisher said years ago about a new stadium, we will all laugh and gloat that a rugby team from London and council are getting one over while fans of the football club side with them.

You couldn't make that shit up.

armybike

Tim Fisher said years ago about a new stadium

And last March in a minuted meeting - you seem to keep forgetting about that (maybe I should post a Tweet about it on my Twitter feed for your reference?).

Also in the same meeting that the Academy would be part of the venture.

Nick

Administrator
Its a bit odd that Wycombe didn't terminate Wasps lease when they kept on about moving back to London don't you think?
Exactly. It's just a stupid excuse, I don't get it.

They spoke about doing something, so it excuses everything coming their way.

armybike

Its a bit odd that Wycombe didn't terminate Wasps lease when they kept on about moving back to London don't you think?

Not particularly no.

Unless you're trying to imply that decisions made in one set of circumstances should be exactly replicated in all circumstances which have some similarities?

Differing variables must equal the same result?

Grendel

Not particularly no.

Unless you're trying to imply that decisions made in one set of circumstances should be exactly replicated in all circumstances which have some similarities?

Differing variables must equal the same result?

Wasps fans think you are doing a great job defending their corner on here

How proud does that make you feel?

Nick

Administrator
Wasps fans think you are doing a great job defending their corner on here

How proud does that make you feel?
It's strange!

They clearly haven't been agreed to now they have moved but people think it's fine?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I must commend you on your excellent contribution to the forum since you arrived.
Chill out Grendel, you don't come out with one liners Do you.

Captain Dart

Moff

This isn't relevant to the current situation?

"The vision incorporates a first team-Academy training facility – a facility that is designed and built to facilitate and future proof a Category One status. Having the first team and Academy working on the same site inspires."

I don't think there is any doubt that SISU have messed up at every turn. They are detested and screw up year on year on year.

What Nick highlighted was the sham 'tests' that CCC applied in selling up to Wasps. These tests were a joke then, and an even bigger joke now.

I am still yet to see another City show such scant regard for their football team, which has been here a lot longer than SISU, Wasps, the Higgs and all the sitting councillors. It is us the fans who are losing because of all these posturing charlatans.

Nick

Administrator
Surely it is one thing saying SISU lied to us fans, but Wasps and the council have lied to councillors who were voting to approve it?

MalcSB

The importance of having the interest of people of Coventry at the heart of any decision about the future ownership of ACL.• The commitment that any deal relating to the Ricoh Arena would not be approved unless the following three tests were satisfied
  1. A good deal for the City
  2. The security and future of Coventry City Football Club
  3. The security and future of Coventry Rugby Club
  4. The need to ensure the continued regeneration in the North East of the City.
  5. The long term commitment to the City given by Wasps, who are focussed on the success of their Club and were committed to delivering an ambitious programme for the community and to bringing more sport to Coventry.
  6. The expectation that the Ricoh Arena could now go from strength to strength, raising Coventry’s profile both nationally and internationally.
  7. The intention of Wasps to develop the Ricoh Arena as a conference centre plus a training facility in the future would benefit the City.

How is that working out?

Not sure if anyone has actually answers directly to this, but for me

1- not proven
2 - definite fail
3 - probable fail
4 - no evidence that an indebted rugby club will have the wherewithall
5 - if football leaves Coventry, and there are many ways that could happen, a fail by definition
6 - Coventrys profile has been raised, not necessarily positive so jury out ( no pun intended)
7 - nor proven

All in all not that great really

clint van damme

This article from the end of March says they are going to build another arena at the Ricoh

Aviva Premiership club Wasps is looking into the possibility of building a second arena close to its Ricoh Arena home to continue its expansion following its move to Coventry in 2014. At the second day of the SportsPro Live conference, Wasps chief executive David Armstrong said the club was “looking carefully at potentially building a second arena” that would act as an indoor sports and music facility.
Following a panel session titled If You Build it They Will Come, in which he participated, Armstrong told Sports Management that while plans were still in the very early stages, he envisaged breaking ground on the project within two or three years. The facility will include activities such as indoor surfing, trampolining and climbing, and will be connected to a separate leisure facility Armstrong revealed

aren't Higgs looking to invest in the arts and in particular in a music venue? This whole thing stinks.

torchomatic

The commitment that any deal relating to the Ricoh Arena would not be approved unless the following three tests were satisfied:
(1) A good deal for the City
(2) The security and future of Coventry City Football Club
(3) The security and future of Coventry Rugby Club

wingy

The commitment that any deal relating to the Ricoh Arena would not be approved unless the following three tests were satisfied:
(1) A good deal for the City
(2) The security and future of Coventry City Football Club
(3) The security and future of Coventry Rugby Club
I think we're in the weakest position of the three points.
Brings another question for me Who brought us back here?

dongonzalos

I think we're in the weakest position of the three points.
Brings another question for me Who brought us back here?

It was made out to be SW.
I think two things happened
1000- 2000 crowds that was declining instead of the predicted 4-5 times the amount.
Also they started to realise the council were not bluffing when they said make your best over by January or we are going a different direction.

Grendel

It was made out to be SW.
I think two things happened
1000- 2000 crowds that was declining instead of the predicted 4-5 times the amount.
Also they started to realise the council were not bluffing when they said make your best over by January or we are going a different direction.

January? That's odd. They'd sold wasps a 250 year lease even before they sold their shares and certainly before Higgs sold theirs.

All on the proviso the 3 above conditions were honoured by wasps.

dongonzalos

January? That's odd. They'd sold wasps a 250 year lease even before they sold their shares and certainly before Higgs sold theirs.

Not sure u understand your first paragraph
Torch's point about the three conditions is a good one though.
Not sure how the current stance by Wasps fits into that!!!

dongonzalos

Not sure I understand your first paragraph.

Grendel

Not sure u understand your first paragraph

You know where these commitments came from do you?

Users who are viewing this thread