The big(ish) homecoming (1 Viewer)

SBchimp

On Twitter the other day someone asked the question if the game being moved to Sunday on TV had taken the shine off the return.
For me it’s a day longer to wait but it’s no different, can’t wait....

I was surprised by a few of the replies I saw.
One suggesting it will take a few thousand of the gate
Another saying they still think we’ll get 20,000!

It’s the return home
It’s the return to stadiums
It’s the return to the Championship
And of course football is coming home

Surely Cov fans, it’s a full house all day long and twice on a Sunday!

Or am I the one dreaming?

matesx

I'd be disappointed if we don't get 20k minimum. 10k season tickets, local team so should be plenty of away fans and a walk up. Also no other big sporting events on to distract the casual supporter.

Except the community shield Man City v Leicester at 5pm....although can’t see why that would distract Cov or Forest fans.

matesx

Really? Off the back of the pandemic and first Championship football in a decade in Cov too? I’d have thought it would be even bigger. Maybe even off the back of a Euros win!

Id be very disappointed with less than 25k TBH.

May be just me... last 18 months has left me a bit flat.

skyblue025

Except the community shield Man City v Leicester at 5pm....although can’t see why that would distract Cov or Forest fans.
Community shield is always a bit of a meh Pre season friendly game. One you would watch if it was on but not something you set your heart on. If we were playing on the Saturday it was the Lions 3rd test. If that was the decider your casual sports fan would want to watch it. Maybe not so much if it was a dead rubber.

Legia Sky Blue

When the move to Sunday was announced plenty on here came on to say they couldn't now go. Small sample I know, but presuming that people who come on here are the more invested fans of the club, if that is replicated amongst our wider support I suspect 20,000 would be a good crowd. Also got to take account of lots of people being on holiday then and others being inclined to stay in and watch on TV. As it is though I suspect restrictions will still be in place, so then it largely depends on what level the restictions are set.

Garryb80

When the move to Sunday was announced plenty on here came on to say they couldn't now go. Small sample I know, but presuming that people who come on here are the more invested fans of the club, if that is replicated amongst our wider support I suspect 20,000 would be a good crowd. Also got to take account of lots of people being on holiday then and others being inclined to stay in and watch on TV. As it is though I suspect restrictions will still be in place, so then it largely depends on what level the restictions are set.
I would doubt any restrictions will be in place. All the soundbites are that all legal restrictions will be removed so no reason not to allow full crowds again

Grendel

D

Deleted member 2477

Hopefully season ticket holders only
So you would want only 10,000 season ticket holders rather than 20,000 attendence. I suppose in your little world the only real fans are season ticket holders and yes before you ask I am one 🤔

COV

There’ll be about 21/22k there probably

First game of season isn’t all that any more & after all the ups & downs this doesn’t feel like such a big event as it would have done.

Always takes us a while to get going anyway, bigger crowds & bigger games will come through the season

chiefdave

20K seems optimistic. What did we get last time we played them, about 20K? It being a Sunday and on TV will likely mean a lower away support.

fatso

I'd guess wildly and with zero scientific research at around 18000.
Maybe a few more if we have a signing to exite us or if England win the Euros.
Truth be told many casuals have got out of the habit.

Greggs

So you would want only 10,000 season ticket holders rather than 20,000 attendence. I suppose in your little world the only real fans are season ticket holders and yes before you ask I am one 🤔
I wasn't going to ask mate, get over yourself.

Grendel

20K seems optimistic. What did we get last time we played them, about 20K? It being a Sunday and on TV will likely mean a lower away support.

It would require a 10 000 walk up

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I must be massively deluded. 20k for the first game in the championship in nearly a decade & the first game of any sorts that people can attend for 18 months?! If that’s all we get (restrictions allowed) it is shocking. I had, evidently wrongly, automatically assumed it would be a sell out or as close as it gets. Sure there’ll be a few who can’t make it because it’s a Sunday but there’ll also be a load who wouldn’t normally go wanting to attend due to the fairly unique circumstances around the first game back etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBchimp

I must be massively deluded. 20k for the first game in the championship in nearly a decade & the first game of any sorts that people can attend for 18 months?! If that’s all we get (restrictions allowed) it is shocking. I had, evidently wrongly, automatically assumed it would be a sell out or as close as it gets. Sure there’ll be a few who can’t make it because it’s a Sunday but there’ll also be a load who wouldn’t normally go wanting to attend due to the fairly unique circumstances around the first game back etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We must be deluded....

I never had any doubts, expected to get calls from people asking if I can get any tickets etc etc.
Stunned by the general consensus and will be so disappointed by anything less than the maximum allowed in.

skyblue1991

Assuming all restictions are lifted I would be very disappointed if it was less than 20k

Return to the Ricoh/CBS
Championship football
No club football since COVID
Club being better run than in the past

If this was a Saturday without Sky then we should've be aiming for 25k

Reactions: AOM

oakey

Early August. Everyone I know would normally be on holiday. In a normal year about 20 percent of population would be on holiday. I have only rarely attended a first home match ever. This year might be different but lots of people who normally go away before schools break up will be going later.

covcity4life

Didn’t we do this dance last time we came back to the Ricoh and it ended up at 27k?
See it being less because of pandemic. Some people are scared and won't be returning just yet

I love movies but not been bsck to cinema yet for example. But that's indoors .

May be some fans that worry about covid outdoors too

I say 20k

Users who are viewing this thread