The biggest mistakes that strikers make (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

After watching an unusually large amount of football on TV in the past few weeks (both men's and women's), I've come to the following conclusions about strikers.
(1) Hit it first time, you idiot! - I've lost count of the number of times a striker took an extra uneccessary touch and ended up losing the ball.
(2) Learn to kick with both feet, you idiot! - You cannot curl the ball in when you kick it with the wrong foot. I've seen this so many times. A player coming in from the left hits it with his/her left foot or a player coming in from the right hits it with his/her right foot.

Cavan O'Doherty

After watching an unusually large amount of football on TV in the past few weeks (both men's and women's), I've come to the following conclusions about strikers.
(1) Hit it first time, you idiot! - I've lost count of the number of times a striker took an extra uneccessary touch and ended up losing the ball.
(2) Learn to kick with both feet, you idiot! - You cannot curl the ball in when you kick it with the wrong foot. I've seen this so many times. A player coming in from the left hits it with his/her left foot or a player coming in from the right hits it with his/her right foot.
I agree Mr Shearer!

chiefdave

Hit it first time, you idiot!
Passing it when you're in and around the penalty box does my head in. Just have a shot and see what happens or hammer in a cross. Defenders make mistakes, keepers make mistakes. Have your forwards running in to follow up and you'll get goals.

Applies even more at our level.

Users who are viewing this thread