The biggest Phoenix team stadium ever? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueUkeman

If the worst comes to the worst, and Coventry do cease to play outside the city, do you think ACL would consider letting A CCFC phoenix team playing at the ricoh, or even still, getting funding to start a brand new team?

If ACL really do have the fans feelings at heart, this would be the perfect gesture. No doubt If CCFC do carry on with this daft plan we'll be bankrupt within the year.

I think we'd be the first Phoenix team that would be universally hated, but still, hey-ho.

magic82ball

I was thinking the exact same thing whilst crying myself to sleep last night. ACL have an empty stadium with no prospect of filling any time soon, might even get some funding from them. Great idea Ukeman, I nominate you to get things started.

Gray

suppose if the worst came to the worst it wouldn't be a bad idea for ACL to start a new football team to play at the Ricoh, Wouldn't cost too much to start off with and if the team became successful would already have a good infrastructure and they could sell it on a decent price in the future.... I'm sure Bobby Gould would jump at the chance to be manager

SkyBlueUkeman

I'll get the matchball.
mitre-mouldmaster.jpg

Im afraid i've only got enough for a mouldmaster. #RIPThighs

Samo

If the worst comes to the worst, and Coventry do cease to play outside the city, do you think ACL would consider letting A CCFC phoenix team playing at the ricoh, or even still, getting funding to start a brand new team?

If ACL really do have the fans feelings at heart, this would be the perfect gesture. No doubt If CCFC do carry on with this daft plan we'll be bankrupt within the year.

I think we'd be the first Phoenix team that would be universally hated, but still, hey-ho.

What makes you say that?

SkyBlueUkeman

What makes you say that?
Not sure really. I suppose purely because we'd have vastly more money than most of the other teams in the divisions we would start in. But then again they'd get to go to the ricoh to watch their team play. That'll be nice for them :) (also, patronizing shit like that last sentence.)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sure they'll let us play...........for the £1.2m a year!

I know someone who asked to use the pitch for a one game, bit of a laugh, end of season (last season) before the turf was taken up. £5,000 they wanted for a 90 minute game! Played by fans of CCFC. £5,000!

They're a business at the end of the day. There's no room for sentiment! It will costs £000's if anyone wanted to play there

peekingtom

I have heard a rumor that the Mormons have been told it will be the last time they will be able too use the the Richo for
a gathering as Acl and ccc have plans too turn the Richo arena into a Mosque .:laugh:

Woz01

Sure they'll let us play...........for the £1.2m a year!

I know someone who asked to use the pitch for a one game, bit of a laugh, end of season (last season) before the turf was taken up. £5,000 they wanted for a 90 minute game! Played by fans of CCFC. £5,000!

They're a business at the end of the day. There's no room for sentiment! It will costs £000's if anyone wanted to play there

It would be free if the Phoenix club was set up by ACL.

mark82

Not sure a Phoenix team could survive at the Ricoh. Would only get a couple of thousand attend each week. Having said that maybe it would attract a few back with ticket prices being so much lower. Would need a structured deal with ACL that increased as you moved up the leagues.

I think most realistic stadium for a Phoenix club is the Butts but obviously Cov RFC would need to agree to that.

mark82

It would be free if the Phoenix club was set up by ACL.

Any Phoenix club needs to be at least 50% fan owned. Maybe ACL could own 50% with a view to selling in the future for a profit. 50% fan share should be protected.

Users who are viewing this thread