The Bristol Area (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Yes yes, I know... ;)

But I found this whole scheme interesting, along with parallels of what could be done with Warwick Uni (yes YES, I know... alright!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UWE_Stadium

Bristol Rovers are an interesting case really. Moved out of their city for years, struggled to get back, finally did... took over freehold of the Memorial Stadium from the Rugby Club... and now move out. (although as close as possible to being 'in'!)

While all the time they punch below their weight on the field.

shmmeee

I've always understood Warwick feel no particular allegiance to the city, I could see it happening.

To be honest, of all the proposed locations, this is my favourite (bar a late council turn around on one of the City Centre redevelopment projects to include a 20,000 seater stadium).

Edit: knock down the market/Shelton Square/City Arcade and put it there.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I've always understood Warwick feel no particular allegiance to the city, I could see it happening.

To be honest, of all the proposed locations, this is my favourite (bar a late council turn around on one of the City Centre redevelopment projects to include a 20,000 seater stadium).

Edit: knock down the market/Shelton Square/City Arcade and put it there.

Yeah, another world, another circumstance, then I'd be more than happy with such a plan!

That, and organic growth at the Butts... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread