The Club Shop (3 Viewers)

theferret

The stuff is absolutely garbage. That new 'Terrace Range' is embarrassing, especially with the price.

Leeds do the best merch I've seen. Adidas originals fashion line. We wouldn't sell enough general merch to warrant putting much effort into it.

I think you'd be surprised how much we could sell if there was stuff worth buying.

Went into the club shop in town yesterday, 'garbage' is being kind. Probably the worst selection of casual wear I've ever seen. Outside of the Hummel replicas, we're still a tinpot operation.

Club has taken huge leaps forward in many areas recently, but when it comes to retail, we're Sunday league level.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Talking of the club shop, does anyone know if either have any home shirts left in stock, and if so what sizes? Looking for a M/L

ccfc1234

I think you'd be surprised how much we could sell if there was stuff worth buying.

Went into the club shop in town yesterday, 'garbage' is being kind. Probably the worst selection of casual wear I've ever seen. Outside of the Hummel replicas, we're still a tinpot operation.

Club has taken huge leaps forward in many areas recently, but when it comes to retail, we're Sunday league level.
Haven't we just appointed a new head of retail? Surely in his probation period so if required we could show him the door!!
Given some of the great designs I have seen on here I do wonder how someone has signed off on some of the range. There is lots of excellent examples out there and all the club have to do is a bit of horizon scanning and emulate the best examples out there.
Don't want to get at Boddy too much but he needs needs to manage the situation far better as merchandise done well has the potential to make us money and expand our brand in the community and keep the club in people's minds.

theferret

Looks like they are trying to improve the range at the shop, can only be good. Seems like some things are happening behind the scenes.

That's all good, but they have to improve the quality. Those prints are terrible.

Nick

Administrator
So much tat, they are print on demand so basically just firing out random shit like that.

Could make the exact same ones for a third of the price if not cheaper.

skyblue_55

They should just put a suggestion box in the shop , as this new , ex villa merchandising guru , hasn’t got a F…… clue & it would save some good money !

Alkhen

Come to think of it they could also bang out 1:1 remakes of any kit from 1999 to 2005 as those were all in house unbranded efforts. Might have trouble getting the Subaru licence I guess. bit cheesy but they could have SKYBLUES in the same font rather than SUBARU (actually that is pretty naff!)

Then they could make nice 'Toffs' style replicas of all the old school unbranded ones from 1883 to 1973

They would sell like hot cakes

AOM

Just had a look at Southampton's (also Hummel) and theirs looks similar and just as crap as ours.
Another team with that weird terrace range with random colours

1698226477019.png

ajsccfc

Come to think of it they could also bang out 1:1 remakes of any kit from 1999 to 2005 as those were all in house unbranded efforts. Might have trouble getting the Subaru licence I guess. bit cheesy but they could have SKYBLUES in the same font rather than SUBARU (actually that is pretty naff!)

Then they could make nice 'Toffs' style replicas of all the old school unbranded ones from 1883 to 1973

They would sell like hot cakes

Even the kits made by other companies may be an option, Everton have a decent sized range of old kits that I guess were Umbro at the time?

Something like that for us would surely be more popular than sandy jumpers and clip art Halloween hoodies

CCFC54321

The guy at the forum on Monday was 100% dead on regarding the kit release date. Years ago the new kit was worn on the final home game of the season and was available to purchase in advance of the summer and also the holidays.

I get the excuse just gone by regarding the sponsor and not knowing who we would have due to the play off final etc but i can't understand why the club can't maximise sales from May onwards? Is it poor planning or the kit manufacturer not able to supply in time as i'm told the kit is signed off early in the new year?

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

The guy at the forum on Monday was 100% dead on regarding the kit release date. Years ago the new kit was worn on the final home game of the season and was available to purchase in advance of the summer and also the holidays.

I get the excuse just gone by regarding the sponsor and not knowing who we would have due to the play off final etc but i can't understand why the club can't maximise sales from May onwards? It's a poor planning or the kit manufacturer not able to supply in time as i'm told the kit is signed off early in the new year?
Was Mark Robins and Doug King’s body language that of a healthy working relationship do you think?

ajsccfc

If they've got any sense this is the first remake they do, but with a bigger Allsop logo to fill the negative space the Nike tick would leave behind

DzGP9Zz.jpg

skybluecam

If they've got any sense this is the first remake they do, but with a bigger Allsop logo to fill the negative space the Nike tick would leave behind

DzGP9Zz.jpg
My dad bought me this kit for Christmas that year. His fashion sense has always left something to be desired.

Users who are viewing this thread