The darts thread (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I love watching it on telly, but honestly couldn’t go to watch it

I had a look online and Lewis was 80/1 to win which I thought was a good each way bet ,but I think Mvg will win it this year

CJ_covblaze

I had a look online and Lewis was 80/1 to win which I thought was a good each way bet ,but I think Mvg will win it this year

Lewis at 80-1 is poor value. Especially when you can get Whitlock at the same price. He’s completely lost it in the last couple of years. If I had to pick a winner now I’d say Anderson. For one with wider odds I’d go for Suljovic or Smith.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Agree, but personally I go to watch sport my focus is on the sport and the piss up second, a lot are the other way round, so I wouldn’t fit in at the darts, plus I enjoy occasionally putting it on but not enough to sit through a whole session/day!

CJ_covblaze

Agree, but personally I go to watch sport my focus is on the sport and the piss up second, a lot are the other way round, so I wouldn’t fit in at the darts, plus I enjoy occasionally putting it on but not enough to sit through a whole session/day!

I thought that but gave it a go at MK the night before we played them last season. The Mrs and my mates thought I would get very angry within a minute of walking in with all the fancy dress and shit (it’s a sports event not a children’s birthday party ffs). Surprisingly though, despite a lot of wankery going on, it was not enough to distract you from watching the game itself.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I thought that but gave it a go at MK the night before we played them last season. The Mrs and my mates thought I would get very angry within a minute of walking in with all the fancy dress and shit (it’s a sports event not a children’s birthday party). Surprisingly though, despite a lot of wankery going on, it was not enough to distract you from watching the game itself.

I’m guessing unless you’re right at the front you are just watching on the screen?

Not sure it’s for me, bit why I’m not sure about going to a Blaze game as I’m not into ice hockey enough.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes , you see that would be my problem I’d get distracted
I had an idea about a darts film pretty much a rip off of kingpin

A young amateur darts player beats the Number 1 ranked player in a pub exhibition, gets invited to a tv tournament and hits a 9 darter gets a bit of publicity and sponsorship the number 1 player gets jealous and arranged for someone to break the lads hand . Then a darts pundit retrains the lad and he wins a tournament to get to the worlds championship and takes on the number 1 player in the final

Adge

I thought that but gave it a go at MK the night before we played them last season. The Mrs and my mates thought I would get very angry within a minute of walking in with all the fancy dress and shit (it’s a sports event not a children’s birthday party ffs). Surprisingly though, despite a lot of wankery going on, it was not enough to distract you from watching the game itself.

Oh, you mean like throwing pints in the air when a goal is scored?....

CJ_covblaze

Oh, you mean like throwing pints in the air when a goal is scored?....

Yes. And when there are chants on a concourse. If one gets thrown during open play when a goal is scored I can kind of understand it. From pens, free kicks and corners though there’s no excuse. Perfect example of wankery. Was getting pissed off seeing people getting hit on the head with beakers and getting soaked in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread