The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (14 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

We have voted out. End of.

We now need to pull together. We need to be as one to show Juncker that we want a good deal and the shit he is coming out with won't split us.

That is never going to happen, I'm afraid. It will polarise the country for a long-time.

skybluetony176

This where we fundamentally disagree. It's full steam ahead for a United States of Europe. It's always been the plan. Bigger and more powerful all under one size fits all. One army, one currency etc. remember what the EU purpose originally was. If you take away member states national democracy and have a one size fits all approach as night follows day citizens will all have the same approach and common goals.

I don't think other member states want it either btw but I don't think they will get a choice.

They’ll get a vote on it. If it ever gets that far. It will also have to be a bigger majority in favour than the majority that voted brexit through. IIRC it’s something like 55% of member states must vote for it and of those 55% they must represent at least 65% of all the EU member states population in total. So in other words if the 55% are the lowest populated countries the vote doesn’t stands. I think that’s correct anyway.

Sick Boy

I'm sure Liam Fox will swing into action soon, he's a politician of such high renown that when he criticised the US over the tariffs imposed on Bombardier they went ahead and imposed more.
That's the clown that's supposed to be going round the world signing all these new and wonderful trade deals.

...ahhh yes nice and honest Dr Fox.

Grendel

What percentage of their members voted for the anti-Islam candidate?

Less than labour members voting for anti semites like Naz Shar

Astute

I am not defending him. I said that if he has done wrong he should be punished. I am not a lawyer and I don't have evidence myself. I suggested you contact your MEP who could maybe find out more and put pressure on. That is not defending anyone.
Contact a gravy trainer so the gravy trainers can have a go at the head of all gravy trainers.

They should make him stand down now. The EU is losing credibility every day. Why do they need us to let them know it is wrong? They already know. But they are after looking after their own interests before anything else.

Astute

I am British and I don't want to lose my nationality, but I want to be British and an EU citizen. I am now forced to become a citizen of another country to remain an EU citizen because of Brexit. Brexit is a joke. Now I am seeing probably the most disunited and incompetent government of my lifetime in power in the UK trying to negotiate something that we shouldn't even have to be negotiating, and with no guarantee that we will be any better off in the end. But, some think that the chaos is all a cunning plan played out by our politicians with fantastic acting ability in order to lull the EU into a false sense of security, and then in the last minute of added time, to pull out the secret weapon and make the deal of the century... Personally I think the the government is clueless.
How long have you lived in Germany for?

Sick Boy

Why don't you join the deluded and say that millions of people coming here to live doesn't make any difference to the homeless numbers?

What are you expecting to happen? Free housing for the homeless? Landlords giving away rental contracts free of charge?

Astute

I'm sure Liam Fox will swing into action soon, he's a politician of such high renown that when he criticised the US over the tariffs imposed on Bombardier they went ahead and imposed more.
That's the clown that's supposed to be going round the world signing all these new and wonderful trade deals.
Do you know what is going on?

Either you don't have a clue or you have found a stick to beat the UK up with thinking we are all clueless.

It is to do with the USA and Canada. The EU wouldn't have a say in it. It is to do with state aid from Canada. But I suppose it is a good thing to use against Brexit.

Sick Boy

Either you don't have a clue or you have found a stick to beat the UK up with thinking we are all clueless.

It is to do with the USA and Canada. The EU wouldn't have a say in it. It is to do with state aid from Canada. But I suppose it is a good thing to use against Brexit.

Surely as a passionate Labour voter you are well aware of the likes of Fox, Davis et al being in charge of Brexit?

Astute

May said the ball is in your court. They said that is not a ball game. Who is more competent? Negative like when they say the UK is unprepared and unrealistic? We know they are not yet united in their stance and cameron was not prepared for Brexit. They have now wasted time with a cock up of an election and still don't have a united cabinet. Hardly likely that there is much positive to say about the UK stance.
The EU wants to expand. They need our money. And when we leave 1/8 of the EU population also leaves. Then you try to blame the problems of sorting out a deal on the UK when it is the EU being as awkward as they can hoping that we will revolt.

Only about 12.1% of what we make goes to the EU. We are the second biggest market for the EU. If the EU makes it bad for us it will be bad for them.

Astute

What are you expecting to happen? Free housing for the homeless? Landlords giving away rental contracts free of charge?
Not letting in anyone from the EU who wants to live here no matter what skills they do or don't have until we catch up with the millions of homeless people here already.

But you are happy to make the situation worse when you want to live in Verona and not here. Mart wants the situation to get worse and he lives in Germany.

Astute

Surely as a passionate Labour voter you are well aware of the likes of Fox, Davis et al being in charge of Brexit?
I am aware of twats on thr remain, leave and EU.

But I aim at those that can make a difference and not those making a noise in the background.

martcov

Ukip are a one issue party so to compare that one election to the clear rise in Nazi sympathisers in Germany is beyond stupid even for you.

Most of AfD are only there because of the refugee crisis. They don't have many policies because they are totally split on most other issues. Similar to UKIP. As soon as Brexit was done they collapsed. As soon as the refugee crisis is resolved AfD will return to the usual 5% Nazi portion. CDU and CSU have just agreed a maximum level for refugees per year ( which is illegal ) and the FDP want a proper immigration act which makes clear who is a refugee and who isn't and makes sending non refugees back easier built into the coalition. These measures will already take some of the wind out of their sails. The person who thinks that the influx of members and voters to the AfD is due to people suddenly becoming Nazis overnight is the stupid one here. Voter polls clearly show that many people don't think that AfD could govern, but wanted to show their discontent.

martcov

Not letting in anyone from the EU who wants to live here no matter what skills they do or don't have until we catch up with the millions of homeless people here already.

But you are happy to make the situation worse when you want to live in Verona and not here. Mart wants the situation to get worse and he lives in Germany.

No. We are providing 2 places on the roads and in housing for British people. We are helping you by vacating our space in the UK.

Sick Boy

Good luck with keep essential services running with that kind of attitude.

I'm vacating property which could be given to a 100% descended from the Magna Carta British person without a home.

Astute

Most of AfD are only there because of the refugee crisis. They don't have many policies because they are totally split on most other issues. Similar to UKIP. As soon as Brexit was done they collapsed. As soon as the refugee crisis is resolved AfD will return to the usual 5% Nazi portion. CDU and CSU have just agreed a maximum level for refugees per year ( which is illegal ) and the FDP want a proper immigration act which makes clear who is a refugee and who isn't and makes sending non refugees back easier built into the coalition. These measures will already take some of the wind out of their sails. The person who thinks that the influx of members and voters to the AfD is due to people suddenly becoming Nazis overnight is the stupid one here. Voter polls clearly show that many people don't think that AfD could govern, but wanted to show their discontent.
In an ideal world you would be right.

But the racist vote is gaining momentum in more countries than just Germany and the UK. All isn't as rosy in the EU as you would like us to believe. Words are cheap. It is actions that count. And we haven't seen any action yet.

Astute

Good luck with keep essential services running with that kind of attitude.

I'm vacating property which could be given to a 100% descended from the Magna Carta British person without a home.
Attitude?

I have an attitude because I don't want the homeless situation to carry on getting worse?

The more people that live here the more services we need. It is a vicious circle that has reached breaking point. Our small islands now hold an eighth of the population of the EU. And it is constantly rising. How high do you want it to go?

clint van damme

I've found a stick to beat the people who are supposed to be leading us to a bright new dawn with. At the minute it's worrying how poor they are.
Yes it's to do with Canada and the US, but with how harmful it could be to the UK and in particular Northern Ireland you'd think we would have relied on our 'special relationship' for a bit of a favour but instead they imposed further tariffs when May threatened a trade war.
Can't you see the relevance, our negotiating team, and the ones who are going to go round the world signing all these impressive trade deals are giving off the aura of the political version of a B list celebrity who gives it do you know who I am when they're turned away from a night club, If that doesn't give you at least a little concern for the future then I think you're ignoring some fairly worrying goings on.

Sick Boy

Attitude?

I have an attitude because I don't want the homeless situation to carry on getting worse?

The more people that live here the more services we need. It is a vicious circle that has reached breaking point. Our small islands now hold an eighth of the population of the EU. And it is constantly rising. How high do you want it to go?

Placing a ban on migrants with essential skills is pretty extreme. Again, do you really expect private landlords to allow homeless to live in their properties rent free?

martcov

So when did you move to Germany?

I am in Gemany, but my mother has a three bedroomed house in Cov and is 87. My father died last year. So, if I stay in Germany - which looks more and more likely - you will get a 3 bedroomed house when my mum dies or goes into a home to take in the people looking for accomodation. That could house 4 people, but you'll have to wait to see what happens to my mother's health.

Astute

I've found a stick to beat the people who are supposed to be leading us to a bright new dawn with. At the minute it's worrying how poor they are.
Yes it's to do with Canada and the US, but with how harmful it could be to the UK and in particular Northern Ireland you'd think we would have relied on our 'special relationship' for a bit of a favour but instead they imposed further tariffs when May threatened a trade war.
Can't you see the relevance, our negotiating team, and the ones who are going to go round the world signing all these impressive trade deals are giving off the aura of the political version of a B list celebrity who gives it do you know who I am when they're turned away from a night club, If that doesn't give you at least a little concern for the future then I think you're ignoring some fairly worrying goings on.
So you say that you know that the tariffs have been put on Canada but say they shouldn't because of our 'special' relationship with the USA?

martcov

I rembember Farage - sorry Astute - claiming that he was on great terms with our English speaking friends and that Trump had placed a bust of Churchill back in the White House as a sign of our special relationship. He also boasted about knowing how loyal " the Donald " - slime, slime, was. So much to that load of bollocks. Let's see how Brexit pans out. He promised us a bright future with trade deals all over the place. He also claimed that our "friends" in the world speak English. With friends like "the Donald", who needs enemies?

Astute

Placing a ban on migrants with essential skills is pretty extreme. Again, do you really expect private landlords to allow homeless to live in their properties rent free?
So who has said about putting a ban on skills needed?

What I have said is letting anyone in out of 500m people of the EU no matter what skills they do or don't have is causing homelessness. Do you agree?

Astute

I rembember Farage - sorry Astute - claiming that he was on great terms with our English speaking friends and that Trump had placed a bust of Churchill back in the White House as a sign of our special relationship. He also boasted about knowing how loyal " the Donald " - slime, slime, was. So much to that load of bollocks. Let's see how Brexit pans out. He promised us a bright future with trade deals all over the place. He also claimed that our "friends" in the world speak English. With friends like "the Donald", who needs enemies?
But who gives a fuck about Farage other than those who want to use him as a point?

clint van damme

So you say that you know that the tariffs have been put on Canada but say they shouldn't because of our 'special' relationship with the USA?

I'm talking about the general performance of the team who are supposed to be leading us to a bright new future, it's poor. I am getting more and more concerned by this whole situation.
I posted sometime ago no this thread that I thought post Brexit nothing much would change and the big question would be was it worth it? I'm starting to change my mind and I feel the country could feel some real pain.
I could be totally wrong, I'm no expert but the signs are increasingly worrying as far as I'm concerned. I'm surprised you're not a little worried because the two of us have both said no one can say for sure what way this will all go so it seems strange that you can be dismissive of incidents like this.

Sick Boy

What I have said is letting anyone in out of 500m people of the EU no matter what skills they do or don't have is causing homelessness. Do you agree?

Erm...it was you:

"Not letting in anyone from the EU who wants to live here no matter what skills they do or don't have"

martcov

But who gives a fuck about Farage other than those who want to use him as a point?

His many fans and the people he convinced by his arguments and refugee scare mongering poster. He is not the sole cause of Brexit, but he was and is a major propaganda figure. The millions who voted in 2015 for UKIP. The listeners to his radio show. Quite a few actually.

Astute

I'm talking about the general performance of the team who are supposed to be leading us to a bright new future, it's poor. I am getting more and more concerned by this whole situation.
I posted sometime ago no this thread that I thought post Brexit nothing much would change and the big question would be was it worth it? I'm starting to change my mind and I feel the country could feel some real pain.
I could be totally wrong, I'm no expert but the signs are increasingly worrying as far as I'm concerned. I'm surprised you're not a little worried because the two of us have both said no one can say for sure what way this will all go so it seems strange that you can be dismissive of incidents like this.
So what about the Canada thing you stated?

martcov

Could you alter that from 500 million. 500 million is a Farage quote, not to be confused with fact. 60 million are UK citizens. 440 potential not definite migrants. The real number is much less.

Astute

Erm...it was you:

"Not letting in anyone from the EU who wants to live here no matter what skills they do or don't have"
That wasn't saying nobody. It is all about needs. Not the right because you are an EU citizen no matter what skills you do or don't have.

Grendel

Astute

Could you alter that from 500 million. 500 million is a Farage quote, not to be confused with fact. 60 million are UK citizens. 440 potential not definite migrants. The real number is much less.
Of course it is 500m. And 65.6m of them already live here. That 65.6m also has the choice of anywhere in the EU.

Users who are viewing this thread