The future (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

It's pointless going on about the wasps deal.
It's happened nothing can change it now.

Some feel the owners had numerous opportunities to step up to the plate and failed to do so.
Some feel that no matter what the owners did the council should not have sold out to a different club, encouraging franchising.

Whatever your view it won't change things.

Now is the time to find out what our club is going to do in the future.

Questions need to be asked.

We are 18 months into a new stadium project. We have seen some computer generated photos of what a generic stadium looks like. That's it!!

Questions need answering

Simon Gilbert
CWR
The trust need to be asking the questions of the club?

We have been on so many occasions weeks away from signing a new land deal yet it hasn't happened. What us the current specific hold up?

What is the actual concern about saying where we are trying to buy?
It is not within CCC boundaries so why are they a concern?

If land is for sale and we are bidding for it, anyone who is also in the market for that size of land will already know about it?

How exactly will it be funded?

How long will it take considering I can't imagine we thought it would be 18 months before we had a land deal?

If it is going to be 5-6 years or more what are we going to do to make the Ricoh more homely and profitable.

Are we going to share costs with wasps on a shop at the Ricoh. Physios, marketing, ticketing. We could make some real savings to invest on the pitch instead.

Are we going to speak to wasps about trying to get even more access to revenues within our rental deal.

How would agreeing a much longer term rental deal with greater access to revenues compare to the costs of building a new stadium and the revenues that would give us.

Otis

I would like to see the question answered, 'If there is to be a new stadium and it is not in Coventry, how far outside the city borders would the club consider it to be too far to be acceptable to fans?'

Last edited:

skybluebal

I would like to see the question answered, 'If there is to be a new stadium and it is not in Coventry, how far outside the city borders would the club consider it to be too far to be acceptable to fans?'

Better still, perhaps they should do some market surveys and ask their potential customer base.

torchomatic

If we're counting on the CT and The Trust then to be honest we ain't gonna get very far.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The club need to be pressed on there plans for a new stadium. If it was just a smokescreen whilst tryin to get the Ricoh now is the time whether the club should decide if they are really going ahead of it and if so things need to progress as quickly as possible.;

The questions about how we can make the Ricoh more homely and profitable is a conversation that needs to happen between ACL and the club but I seriously doubt ACL will be looking to entertain any discussions on the subject.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
well as we now have "fans" representation at Board meetings (one tomorrow) then it should all be asked and made much clearer then .......... not holding my breath on that though :whistle:

ollyservetta

your right ,its a done deal and that's that ,and one thing for sure is we have no say in how the club goes forward .only say we have is with not entertaing sisu and its pathetic ownership, like the team does not entertain us on match days ,. I cant believe that a city as big as cov ,has a league footie side in disarray with no home ,a top speedway side ,with no home ,and a progressing rugby side ,two leagues of the Aviva prem ,whos home will be far to small if they get promoted ,considering the rumours of plans to build around the butts not allowing for ground expansion..adding to that the greyhound racing that's gone ,its beyond words how I feel,.surely there is enough reasons for these to be put together somehow and install some pride back to the good people of cov and warwickshire

Ashdown

your right ,its a done deal and that's that ,and one thing for sure is we have no say in how the club goes forward .only say we have is with not entertaing sisu and its pathetic ownership, like the team does not entertain us on match days ,. I cant believe that a city as big as cov ,has a league footie side in disarray with no home ,a top speedway side ,with no home ,and a progressing rugby side ,two leagues of the Aviva prem ,whos home will be far to small if they get promoted ,considering the rumours of plans to build around the butts not allowing for ground expansion..adding to that the greyhound racing that's gone ,its beyond words how I feel,.surely there is enough reasons for these to be put together somehow and install some pride back to the good people of cov and warwickshire

Stop Moaning, Anne Lucas has a dream of turning Coventry into a poor suburb on the South Eastern side of Greater Birmingham. We shall soon have our own Premiership football team { Aston Villa } our own Premiership Rugby team { Wasps}, Hall Green Dogs, Bees will ride at Monmore in combo with the Wolves..................All sorted !!

ollyservetta

Stop Moaning, Anne Lucas has a dream of turning Coventry into a poor suburb on the South Eastern side of Greater Birmingham. We shall soon have our own Premiership football team { Aston Villa } our own Premiership Rugby team { Wasps}, Hall Green Dogs, Bees will ride at Monmore in combo with the Wolves..................All sorted !!
whilst jag engines are produced in Shropshire ,its overall very very sad..one bight star tho ,I managed to get an original cop of the album ,sent from Coventry ,in mint condition,with the paper booklet ,on the cathedral record label, sent to me from Germany .

dongonzalos

Would like to email Mr Strange and ask him to start a thread on here for suggestions for questions for him to raise at the meetings.

Covstu

Even though the deal has been done, we can still not underestimate what impact this is going to have on the club, team and fanbase. The more Wasps put their stamp on the ground, the less influence the club has on any related activities involving the Ricoh. They add the wasps sign could lead to 100 no longer turning up, changing the seat colours could lead to 1000 no longer attending etc. The club need to understand how the fans are feeling and ensure these risks are minimised (if they can be, probably too late!)

dongonzalos

I have emailed Mr Stange asking if he would start a thread on here. To gain people's suggestions prior to the board meetings. Fingers crossed

Ashdown

Even though the deal has been done, we can still not underestimate what impact this is going to have on the club, team and fanbase. The more Wasps put their stamp on the ground, the less influence the club has on any related activities involving the Ricoh. They add the wasps sign could lead to 100 no longer turning up, changing the seat colours could lead to 1000 no longer attending etc. The club need to understand how the fans are feeling and ensure these risks are minimised (if they can be, probably too late!)

I think it's possibly too late Stu, we've been sold down the river for 11 years now and despite the adoration of a diminishing hardcore the football team has alienated itself from the majority of the City, It's sponsors and commercial giants like JLR etc Even the guys I know still with ST's wish they hadn't bothered, they feel like their just contributing to SISU's survival here.

Ian1779

Looking forward then:

SISU need to clearly explain their intentions. Are they building a new stadium? Drawings and promises of land deals are not good enough anymore. The fans need something concrete (excuse the pun)

The Council need to do everything in their power to support a new build if it is going to take place. Either in the City boundaries or as bloody close to it as possible.

The fans - we all made noises along the way about the parties growing up and getting us back to the Ricoh. It happened. Now as a fanbase we need to get behind the club as a united front and support the team No more excuses about not going because of who is in charge etc. That part is not going to change unless they chose it to. We have some of the most passionate fans supporting our club, but also some of the most apathetic.

There is a list longer than we can imagine over who is at fault along the way. THEY ALL ARE. But are we just going to forever sit here and feel sorry for ourselves or are we going to do the one thing that makes us all common and support the club?

italiahorse

Better still, perhaps they should do some market surveys and ask their potential customer base.

Perhaps we need to get the Trust to do the survey so we can give Sisu the information before they commit to this farce of a stadium.
After all the 6,000 estimate by TF for Sixfields was way out.

There is no doubt that some will travel regardless (Sixfields?) but I think the majority will drop away the further outside the boundary it is. (If they have not already)

TheRoyalScam

Can't see why everyone's so worried - Fisher said the land purchase for the new stadium would go through 'in the near future' - so happy days ;)

We all believe him, don't we?

By the way, can anybody explain to me exactly what 'in the near future' means - a few days? A few weeks? A few months? A few years?

Ashdown

I've just woken up, it's all been a bad dream. It's 2023, We still play at a very swanky extended and refurbished 28,000 all seater Highfield Rd after new stands replaced the old West and Main Stands. We own it all though thanks to a little known South Korean guy who threw £150 million at the club in 2002 and said to our new Chairman Mr Torchomatic, get us back to the top young man. He surrounded himself with a fine collection of Board Members including MMM, Northern Wisdom, Edgy, Ashdown { of Course } and most importantly OldSkyBlue58 and quickly employed up and coming new manager The Ferret to manage the team with his assistant CovStu. We currently stand 8th in the Premiership and look forward to our Fa Cup 3rd round match against Greater Birmingham.

Bill Glazier

There's only one thing going on. SISU is trying to get the best deal to unload the club onto Wasps. They've got no other options. I've no doubt they're threatening to walk out again and leave Wasps with all the costs - all their usual shenanigans- but they're in a much weaker position now. I've reached the view that this is the only viable future left.

Philosorapter

I've just woken up, it's all been a bad dream. It's 2023, We still play at a very swanky extended and refurbished 28,000 all seater Highfield Rd after new stands replaced the old West and Main Stands. We own it all though thanks to a little known South Korean guy who threw £150 million at the club in 2002 and said to our new Chairman Mr Torchomatic, get us back to the top young man. He surrounded himself with a fine collection of Board Members including MMM, Northern Wisdom, Edgy, Ashdown { of Course } and most importantly OldSkyBlue58 and quickly employed up and coming new manager The Ferret to manage the team with his assistant CovStu. We currently stand 8th in the Premiership and look forward to our Fa Cup 3rd round match against Greater Birmingham.

Head of light entertainment: RFC?

chiefdave

SISU need to clearly explain their intentions.

This is what I've wanted to see for a long time. Explain their business plan and how that is going to benefit the club while enabling them to get a ROI which is after all their primary aim. If it's a new stadium show us how it all stacks up, if it's renting what deal do we need to be sustainable long term.

Stop talking in soundbites and give us some details on how they are planning on getting us out of this mess.

wingy

I have emailed Mr Stange asking if he would start a thread on here. To gain people's suggestions prior to the board meetings. Fingers crossed

Could you ask how Mr Fisher Is remunerated as IMO he shouldn't even get a Free Lunch on match days.

Does he get paid 3rd party through Calimere Risk Advisory management fee's ?

wingy

Could you ask how Mr Fisher Is remunerated as IMO he shouldn't even get a Free Lunch on match days.

Does he get paid 3rd party through Calimere Risk Advisory management fee's ?

Oh and Who Is currently funding the near £0.5M racked up on the New Stadium feasibility Consultants ?

Colin1883

As they have sold our home, does this open the door for the new stadium ( lol) ro be built in Coventry???????????

ajsccfc

On the plus side, if we're incorporated into Birmingham we get to claim Pato Banton as our own.

LB87ccfc

Some feel the owners had numerous opportunities to step up to the plate and failed to do so.
Some feel that no matter what the owners did the council should not have sold out to a different club, encouraging franchising.

We are 18 months into a new stadium project. We have seen some computer generated photos of what a generic stadium looks like. That's it!!

Questions need answering

Simon Gilbert
CWR

We have been on so many occasions weeks away from signing a new land deal yet it hasn't happened. What us the current specific hold up?

If land is for sale and we are bidding for it, anyone who is also in the market for that size of land will already know about it?

How long will it take considering I can't imagine we thought it would be 18 months before we had a land deal?

If it is going to be 5-6 years or more what are we going to do to make the Ricoh more homely and profitable.

Are we going to share costs with wasps on a shop at the Ricoh. Physios, marketing, ticketing. We could make some real savings to invest on the pitch instead.

Are we going to speak to wasps about trying to get even more access to revenues within our rental deal.

How would agreeing a much longer term rental deal with greater access to revenues compare to the costs of building a new stadium and the revenues that would give us.

No one will ever ask any of these questions, as for the trust should be asking these questions, as fucking if they would.

wingy

Questions need answering

Simon Gilbert
CWR

No one will ever ask any of these questions, as for the trust should be asking these questions, as fucking if they would.

The Impression I got from the meeting On shop and ticketing was that they would need to ask, first .

wingy

Didn't asking questions such as these lead to the Trust being Ostracised on the SCG by the two blokes attending tomorrows board meeting .

That SCG which has expanded two-three fold and turned into a sycophantic back slappers Club.

Users who are viewing this thread