The "Gael" Hype (1 Viewer)

Cov 4 Prem

Out of all the doom and gloom surrounding the club, everyone seems to have this hype about a young uprising star from the youth.

I have not had chance to attend any pre season matches yet, but everyone seems to think this lad is special. I am looking forward to make my own judgement on saturday if he plays.

Just wondering if anyone can describe what he is like?

bamalamafizzfazz

I have seen him away at Hinckley and yesterday. He is short and has a low centre of gravity with quick feet. He moves into space well and most of the time is looking for the short pass or one-two. He tends to stay deeper and swaps with Clingan but yesterday he appeared to get forward a little more and take players on.

At Hinckley the game passed him by but yesterday he was more focused and had some impressive moments. I think the fact that he started yesterday goes a long way to suggest he may play next week so you'll get the chance to pass your own judgement then.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Still needs more experience to be able to make a bigger impact on games. You can see when he is on the ball he has natural quality which I haven't seen any other CCFC player have for years. He is a skillful playmaker and has good vision to pick out spaces and make killer passes. I'd say he is a similar player to David Silva.

Cov 4 Prem

Still needs more experience to be able to make a bigger impact on games. You can see when he is on the ball he has natural quality which I haven't seen any other CCFC player have for years. He is a skillful playmaker and has good vision to pick out spaces and make killer passes. I'd say he is a similar player to David Silva.

Fuck me, if we have "the next" David Silva - we best get SISU out before they cash in!

In all seriousness, the hype of him is making me excited to see him. Just hope there isn't an anti-climax :)

ccfcway

it is interesting to see how Biggy seems to have leapfrogged Thomas for a 1st team spot !

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
feck me, if we have "the next" David Silva - we best get SISU out before they cash in!

In all seriousness, the hype of him is making me excited to see him. Just hope there isn't an anti-climax :)

Haha, as I said I don't think he will make a big impact straight away but there is potential which hopefully we will see in a competitive game rather than just friendlies. I was impressed with him anyway but let's see what happens when teams are scrapping for points.

ajsccfc

If he makes the first team, the club had better stop the promotion of £10 shirt printing for any name, they could cash in big with BIGIRMIMRIRMRIRANA

Sky

Don't expect too much of him on Saturday, remember it would be his first ever professional game the best you can hope is that he has a comftable game and shows a few glimpses of what he can do

Nonleagueherewecome

Well check my avatar..I got it as soon as I got back from the Nuneaton game :D There is a massive load of analysis by myself and others in the Leamington thread a few pages back. I wrote loads on him and I think it's spot on (if I do say so meself :D ) so I aint gonna write it again. I'll find the link...

Here ya go, mainly P.6/7. http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/10014-leamington/page6

Last edited:

sparky

Bags of potential loves a pass and the odd killer ball loses it now and again but as he gets older u can see he wont b wiv us long! Only downside is he isnt realy a tackler/ballwinner! But technicaly very good chuck him in sat i say baker had abit of a stinker yesterday so cud step in for him! Any1 else think baker runs like bambi? Lol

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
all i can go by is what ye say about him when seeing himplay, sounds liek hes got quality lets hope AT knows how to use him well and ge tthe most out of him.

Nonleagueherewecome

Im getting him on my shirt sometime this week- taking advantage of that £10 deal :D

Seriously tempted to join you in that! Best City youth prospect in years. So far.

ccfctommy

Saw him for the first time properly yesterday. First half he looked very impressive, very confident and assured on the ball, sometimes only needed the one touch, very skillful.

Second half he kind of faded out of the game, very much a flair player but still only 17 and is still very raw.

pusbccfc

I went up yesterday and to me, he shows glimpses but definately not a Championship first teamer yet... We'll probably make a bit on him in a few years.

Its not hard to get into our team, barely championship team...

Pigeon

I don't think its that he isn't ready for championship first team I think he just needs a few first team games under his belt. He's the Essien type box to box skillful midfielder. His passes are accurate and powerful. He's just got something about the way he plays which makes you want to watch him.

Users who are viewing this thread