The game has gone (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

Said for weeks that we would get a shit decision at some point as there is no way they could risk us getting to the fa cup and playoff final as theyre the same weekend.

Skyblue Bangkok

Fuck var. But you have to take the positives. Wiped the smug smile off Roy Keane's face. Ian Wright seemed genuinely upset we didn't win. That's 2 top half premier league teams we have embarrased. We will be stronger next year. Just brilliant 2nd half performance.
We'd have given Man City more of a game than Manure will.p
They probably assumed that poor old Coventry in the final against Man City wouldn’t be worth watching. On the contrary, even if we got hammered we earnt the right to that game and it’s what the cup should be all about.
Plus we would have qualified for Europe .

Brighton Sky Blue

At least the goalline tech worked as intended, and genuinely can measure with accuracy if a ball is 1 mm not over the line. Unlike some Man Utd fan in a computer room.

pusbccfc

A reminder that two Southampton goals last week were scored against us by a hand ball.

Something has to go for us soon

larry_david

I'm actually getting angrier now the dust is settling

I've watched two different videos now and the comms say in that moment, the greatest fa cup comeback/story of all time.

And we've been robbed of that by a man not even in the stadium.

There are tens of thousands of twitter comments agreeing you can't call it offside if it's that tight. And I guarantee if that goal stood no one but man utd fans would be saying its offside, they'd be saying goal should stand.

HadjiChippo

I just don’t trust the method of drawing these lines and who does it. We’ve seen them fuck these lines up several times and seemed to be far to quick to rule it out.

Don’t trust the system whilst it’s handled by these clowns.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm actually getting angrier now the dust is settling

I've watched two different videos now and the comms say in that moment, the greatest fa cup comeback/story of all time.

And we've been robbed of that by a man not even in the stadium.

There are tens of thousands of twitter comments agreeing you can't call it offside if it's that tight. And I guarantee if that goal stood no one but man utd fans would be saying its offside, they'd be saying goal should stand.
Even the Man Utd fans know it’s onside, at least the ones who spoke to us outside

Happy_Martian

Offside is offside.

Is that offside?

Key thing about VAR.

It was introduced to prevent CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR.

How did that fit the offside decision ? If we're talking about millimetres in a fast moving game, CLEAR it isn't and OBVIOUS, we're still talking about it so it's not.

VAR is beginning to overstep it's original intent and the game is suffering because of it.

SBT

If you’re fretting about where the VAR ref from is etc you’re focusing on the wrong thing

The goal was offside if you look hard enough for it - that’s almost indisputable

The problem is a system that demands refs don’t make any mistakes, ever, even if it means the game itself is less entertaining

Happy_Martian

A reminder that two Southampton goals last week were scored against us by a hand ball.

Something has to go for us soon

4 games left. 12 points available and we also need Norwich or WBA to blow a fuse.

Something may go for us but is it too late ? A dodgy pen against QPR on the last day won't have the same "hurrah" feeling.

Shannerz

And do you know what; I can take that.

The first is a deflection that an unsighted ref would have had difficulty spotting where the deflection came from. The second is during a scramble at a corner. A shit decision, yeah, but we get shit decisions in our favour too. That's part of the game. We got unlucky, we'll get lucky on another day.

This. I can't take this.

Even if you accept that the marginality of offside, it's *so* marginal that for intents and purposes, it makes no difference. Someone has detracted from the spectacle of the game because they cannot apply technology sensibly. That's not bad luck; that's just shit administration of the game.

Macca

If they can say that they can see enough to deny a club and their fans maybe their greatest moment. If they are sure enough to rob football fans of one of the greatest FA cup stories the I take my hat off to them but then the game is dead

pusbccfc

And do you know what; I can take that.

The first is a deflection that an unsighted ref would have had difficulty spotting where the deflection came from. The second is during a scramble at a corner. A shit decision, yeah, but we get shit decisions in our favour too. That's part of the game. We got unlucky, we'll get lucky on another day.

This. I can't take this.

Even if you accept that the marginality of offside, it's *so* marginal that for intents and purposes, it makes no difference. Someone has detracted from the spectacle of the game because they cannot apply technology sensibly. That's not bad luck; that's just shit administration of the game.

Yep, it's a good point.

You walk away needing to accept human error. Today you walk away looking at a blue line on a computer screen.

shmmeee

If you’re fretting about where the VAR ref from is etc you’re focusing on the wrong thing

The goal was offside if you look hard enough for it - that’s almost indisputable

The problem is a system that demands refs don’t make any mistakes, ever, even if it means the game itself is less entertaining

How was it offside? By VARs own screenshot he was on and the line was placed in the wrong place.

larry_david

Key thing about VAR.

It was introduced to prevent CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR.

How did that fit the offside decision ? If we're talking about millimetres in a fast moving game, CLEAR it isn't and OBVIOUS, we're still talking about it so it's not.

VAR is beginning to overstep it's original intent and the game is suffering because of it.
Agree, VAR is like the jobsworth teacher at school who takes great pride in pointing out naughty kids

The fact it got involved when not one single person in the stadium saw or called for a handball against Thomas sums it up.

Brighton Sky Blue

Up until a Leeds fan was appointed to ref Leeds against us, officials are appointed to be neutral for a reason. Where they’re from is relevant.

It’s not offside and you join about 2 Man Utd players in thinking that it was.

Agreed. It means you either celebrate and then have it taken from you, or you don’t celebrate in case it’s chalked off. Ruining the very best part of football

SBT

How was it offside? By VARs own screenshot he was on and the line was placed in the wrong place.
If you look hard enough, it was offside - end of story

If the most important thing isn’t the flow of the game, or the drama of human error/success, but instead it’s making sure refs are consistent and never make a mistake, it’s totally understandable to want to slow the game down to the point where even the most incredible moments are ruled out for tiny infractions

VAR is the result of a generation of pussies who bitch and moan every week about how refs are shit and biased against them. This is the level of oversight that football has come up with - hope you’re happy lads.

SBT

Up until a Leeds fan was appointed to ref Leeds against us, officials are appointed to be neutral for a reason. Where they’re from is relevant.
No it isn’t - they’re professionals trying to do a job. Ellis Simms is from Oldham and I thought he did pretty well against Man Utd today.

The problem isn’t individuals being biased, it’s a system that’s desperately trying to impose objectivity on a game of nuance, for fear of offending keyboard warriors watching at home.

Brighton Sky Blue

No it isn’t - they’re professionals trying to do a job. Ellis Simms is from Oldham and I thought he did pretty well against Man Utd today.

The problem isn’t individuals being biased, it’s a system that’s desperately trying to impose objectivity on a game of nuance, for fear of offending keyboard warriors watching at home.
Ellis Simms is a Man City fan who came through their academy. Are you seriously trying to argue that if you as a CCFC fan were in charge of VAR for that decision there wouldn’t be a conflict of interest?

Users who are viewing this thread