The Hill Solution (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

So do you give a bollocks, or not, because that's not quite clear? If you don't care about Coventry, then what are you doing on this board?

However, if you've got an interest in football outside of your support for your own club, then you might want to complain to your chairman and explain that even though he (and possibly NTFC) might make a few quid out of it, owners like SISU are clearly not good for the game and supporting them in this is the wrong option.

For all you know, clowns like SISU might get hold of your club one day and utterly wreck it like they are wrecking ours. If that day comes I hope we don't come to your 'rescue' in the same way that you are coming to ours.

Why are you giving this fella a hard time.....

...Hes not said you can't stand on a hill.....He's just rightly pointed out that the local plod will not like it & will not allow it.

Calm down.

rupert_bear

cobblers36
Don't assume all Cov fans are okay guys like most of us on here. We have more than our fair share of dodge pots and will see trying to get on that hill as a challenge and will also see confronting your cops as a challenge, especially in the opening games I hope I am wrong but don't think I am. This is my concern.

duffer

Why are you giving this fella a hard time.....

...Hes not said you can't stand on a hill.....He's just rightly pointed out that the local plod will not like it & will not allow it.

Calm down.

Apologies mate, I don't mean to be rude, but for all of his statements I don't see a great deal of genuine support from him for our cause.

Local plod may or may not allow it - I guess we'll see.

Cobblers36

As a football fan I genuinely feel for you as supporters, I don't know the full background but it's clear you've been shafted, no club should be made to play outside of their town.

As a Cobblers fan I understand our chairmans point of view, it's almost 'easy money' for us.

I suspect lots of Cobblers fans feel the same. In the cold light of day NTFC are our number one concern.

SunZoomSpark

i think this is the view of your chairman as well.... do you remember when you nearly went under in the 90's?....how would you have liked another club to assist in that process.....some comments might be over the top (and some way over the top), but put yourselves in our shoes...and remember you are on the side of the hangman here until the Northampton fans show solidarity and agree that community is stronger than a few extra quid for your club

chiefdave

As a Cobblers fan I understand our chairmans point of view, it's almost 'easy money' for us.

I suspect lots of Cobblers fans feel the same. In the cold light of day NTFC are our number one concern.

That may be the case but surely NTFC fans must look at who the deal is being done with and worry about it all going horribly wrong.

duffer

As a football fan I genuinely feel for you as supporters, I don't know the full background but it's clear you've been shafted, no club should be made to play outside of their town.

Rubbish, you don't "genuinely feel" for us at all - in fact you couldn't really give a monkey's about us as long as your club makes a few bob.

You'll forgive me then, for quietly hoping this deal comes back and bites you in the arse. It would be no more than you deserve.

Anyway, now that we've clarified what your real interests are, you'll understand if we take your 'advice' regarding the best way to protest with a large pinch of salt.

SunZoomSpark

i dont think the majority of Cobblers fans, and i lived there for ten years, will be quite as heartless towards another club on the brink of destruction

Cobblers36

I think you'll be surprised.

There is of course concerns over the deal but our chairman has never given us any reason not to trust him - in fact the general bad decisions he does make are all football related, e.g. managerial appointments.

To expect NTFC fans to take up the fight with you is a little naive when in all honesty, on the face of it we can't lose...(I know the concerns about SISU etc)

Nothing would please me more than for Coventry to sort this mess out and play in Coventry and start to thrive again, you're a big club.

Cobblers36

On the brink of destruction is an interesting one...we turn down the groundshare, Coventry get liquidated - we get the blame?

Voice_of_Reason

I don't like this Sixfields BS anymore than you do but there may be a way to piss off Timmy and get our point across at Sixfields. There is a huge, and I mean HUGE, hill just outside Sixfields stadium where you can see the majority of the game for free and ofcourse, protest against the SISU pricks. I know its not much but its a way to watch a lot of the game for free and stick a giant middle finger up ad Joy and her puppy Tim. You could fit hundreds of people on that hill. If we put that amount of people on the hill at every game surely no-one ignore us then

Anyone got a photo of the view from the hill ?

ericagradus

Anyone got a photo of the view from the hill ?

I live in Northampton and you will find about 20 - 30 Cobblers fans watching the game from the hill. You cannot see any goal mouth action for the goal nearest the hill.

It is not a solution for a fan wanting to see their team play in my opinion. If you are travelling the 75 mile round trip from Coventry, you will be very frustrated with the view.

On a seperate note, are we using their training facilities too??

wingy

I live in Northampton and you will find about 20 - 30 Cobblers fans watching the game from the hill. You cannot see any goal mouth action for the goal nearest the hill.

It is not a solution for a fan wanting to see their team play in my opinion. If you are travelling the 75 mile round trip from Coventry, you will be very frustrated with the view.

On a seperate note, are we using their training facilities too??

Could you with your background check out the Status @ RYTON ,It was rumoured around a month ago it had been Sold/Mortgaged?

chiefdave

To expect NTFC fans to take up the fight with you is a little naive when in all honesty, on the face of it we can't lose...(I know the concerns about SISU etc)

I don't think it's naive and I have to say I've been shocked at how little support there has been from NTFC. Other clubs fans and trusts were poised and ready to join the fight when they thought they might become involved and support has come from far and wide with pretty much universal condemnation of this move from fans of other clubs, media, supporters groups etc. The place the least support is coming from is NTFC, the statement from your trust was, to be frank, pathetic. Am I also correct in thinking your Trust has board involvement, if I'm correct in that it makes it even worse.

I would advise NTFC fans to remember the saying 'you reap what you so'. While I wish no ill on NTFC I am positive you will be looking back in future years asking why did we ever get involved with SISU.

NTFC

What a dopey suggestion. If you come to Northampton at all you will look foolish. What happened to not a penny more. Don't cross the county line and boycott the whole thing.

P.S you have got a lot of solidarity are end. A poll on our forum showed the majority against the move. You've gotta avoid the temptation in taking out your frustration about SISU on us.

ericagradus

Could you with your background check out the Status @ RYTON ,It was rumoured around a month ago it had been Sold/Mortgaged?

Could do a search at the Land Registry to see who the registered owner and charge holders are, but this will only be as up to date as the solicitor/land regsitry are with dealing with any application to the Land Registry. So it may not show that the groung has been sold or charged even if it has.

Unfortunatly, due to the costs, I can't do the search and get the office copies without allocating the cost to one of our clients. So I can't confirm either way sorry.

SunZoomSpark

Northampton could do what every other club has done and reject the appraoch, for you are not the prefferred venue (in fact you are the last chance saloon)...personally i had no thoughts against Northampton fans, assuming it was a demented chairman blinded by ££££££... you seem to be doing your best to change that opinion....

NTFC

WHat are you talking about. I've been nothing but supportive and the majority of fans are against the groundshare on our forum. Ive said elsewhere that we have 1 Trust member on the board with zero power because they are in a distinct minority. It's a token gesture.

If you came up with any effective protest plans we would back you 100% but all I can see so far are a few short sighted folk advocating picketing Sixfields (which will achieve absolutely zilch) and make you look like hypocrites for setting foot on the Sixfields site.

If you had anything about you, you would organise a protest outside the Football League HQ in London and think bigger than token protests in the Midlands.

CJ_covblaze

Spoke to Northants Police today. They can't see any problem with a protest on the hill.

NTFC

Spoke to Northants Police today. They can't see any problem with a protest on the hill.

Are we supposed to take your word on that? Why avoid an effective protest at the Football League and come and sit on a hill it's ridiculous. Also your gonna piss our fans off and all solidarity will be lost. I'd seriously avoid this if I were you.

duffer

Are we supposed to take your word on that? Why avoid an effective protest at the Football League and come and sit on a hill it's ridiculous. Also your gonna piss our fans off and all solidarity will be lost. I'd seriously avoid this if I were you.

If you want to show solidarity, come and sit with us. You'd be most welcome. Or is your solidarity more like sympathy than any real desire to take action to help?

Why are you getting all stressed at the thought of us standing on a hill? I think it would be a very effective protest personally.

Shows support for the team whilst denying the owners money, and maybe even costs them a few bob in police costs. Numbers are likely to be higher than trekking up to a closed office at the FL, so a better chance of media coverage. Might even get to see a player in sky blue shin one over the stands. No one gets hurt.

What's not to like?

duffer

And CJ is part of the trust as I recall, and a pretty stand up guy. (Dodgy keeper though). ;)

Not prone to making things up.

CJ_covblaze

Sorry I want to make this clear that I asked purely for our 'home' games. You guys aren't at fault here. No reason to disrupt things for Cobbler fans.

CJ_covblaze

And CJ is part of the trust as I recall, and a pretty stand up guy. (Dodgy keeper though). ;)

Not prone to making things up.

I'm the secretary. Sorry again for the confusion. Here's proof I've still (kinda) got it ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 19

NTFC

If you want to show solidarity, come and sit with us. You'd be most welcome. Or is your solidarity more like sympathy than any real desire to take action to help?

Why are you getting all stressed at the thought of us standing on a hill? I think it would be a very effective protest personally.

Shows support for the team whilst denying the owners money, and maybe even costs them a few bob in police costs. Numbers are likely to be higher than trekking up to a closed office at the FL, so a better chance of media coverage. Might even get to see a player in sky blue shin one over the stands. No one gets hurt.

What's not to like?

Your trying to tell me that standing on a hill in Northampton will get more publicity than closing down a street in Central London. You're gonna end up alienating the Northampton fans who are largely on your side. Playing straight into SISU's hands.

duffer

I'm the secretary. Sorry again for the confusion. Here's proof I've still (kinda) got it ;-)

There's no mercy here CJ - you should know that by now!

Though as someone who has broken wrists and fingers from being obliged to go in goal, I've nothing but respect for someone who volunteers for the position. I've always presumed this is why goalies only talk to other goalies before and after games; they'd rather talk to their equals than their lessers. ;)

letsallsingtogether

But we are not taking it out on you.we are protesting at Coventry games not Northampton games?
We will leave that up to our players by December when the pitch is all cut up and games are postponed if we have a good run in a cup and are at home who then gets priority when they have to be played?

What a dopey suggestion. If you come to Northampton at all you will look foolish. What happened to not a penny more. Don't cross the county line and boycott the whole thing.

P.S you have got a lot of solidarity are end. A poll on our forum showed the majority against the move. You've gotta avoid the temptation in taking out your frustration about SISU on us.

letsallsingtogether

Yes and my fingers are still swollen head red like a matchstick and I only did about half an hour CJ hero's performance Saturday and Sunday :)

Users who are viewing this thread