The holiday 2023 thread (1 Viewer)

Fysnkysc

Back in uk for a few weeks before heading back to good ol Canada that I spent about 3 weeks there so far 😂, forgot to book a hotel here in cov so I’ve been sat around town for the past 7 hours, still another 6 to go before I can consider early check in .

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Back in uk for a few weeks before heading back to good ol Canada that I spent about 3 weeks there so far 😂, forgot to book a hotel here in cov so I’ve been sat around town for the past 7 hours, still another 6 to go before I can consider early check in .
Are you just a nomad travelling the world constantly?

Brighton Sky Blue

Going there myself on Saturday, Koutouloufari, can't wait. Like you say, the simplicity and amazing food
We’ve been to Rethymno twice in the last few years, lovely town. The interior is even better if you’re willing to drive, the food gets better and cheaper.

Gynnsthetonic

We’ve been to Rethymno twice in the last few years, lovely town. The interior is even better if you’re willing to drive, the food gets better and cheaper.
Yes been there too, Samaria Gorge, Lake Kounas, Rethymno is somewhere I want to go back to in the next few years. That's the good thing about Crete, it's not just a holiday resort but a living working island with so much to see and do

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes been there too, Samaria Gorge, Lake Kounas, Rethymno is somewhere I want to go back to in the next few years. That's the good thing about Crete, it's not just a holiday resort but a living working island with so much to see and do
The only thing putting us off future holidays there really is that wildfires now seem to be an annual occurrence in that part of the world.

covcity4life

Booked a ticket using missus shortened name like an idiot.

Airline say go through travel agent
Travel agent saying airline said no
Airline say you can correct 3 characters (,luckily I need to add 3 characters)
Now travel agent going to request it again

Am I prob going to lose 1000 quid on this ticket you think?

Brighton Sky Blue

Where are you going?

AOM

I had this problem with EasyJet a year or so ago, used the shortened name rather than the full and it was more than 3 characters out.
Cost me £50 to change via their website, but the ticket was then updated automatically. No further issues

covcity4life

I'm happy to pay a admin fee. That said QA said they will add 3 characters for free. But booking.com should know this and shouldn't be up to me to find this info out and tell them so not very confident in them.

I do need a visa too. Will do that in proper name of course.

If it went bad I would have to cancel and quickly rebook? No refund either. All cos of 3 characters missed off first name.

My fault but damn that's so harsh.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm happy to pay a admin fee. That said QA said they will add 3 characters for free. But booking.com should know this and shouldn't be up to me to find this info out and tell them so not very confident in them.

I do need a visa too. Will do that in proper name of course.

If it went bad I would have to cancel and quickly rebook? No refund either. All cos of 3 characters missed off first name.

My fault but damn that's so harsh.
What are the conditions of your booking.com booking?

covcity4life

What are the conditions of your booking.com booking?
No refunds.

They said name correction depends on airline

In theory this 3 character thing could save my bacon as QA do not allow name corrections however they do allow a 3 character change

Flights in December. Im giving them 5 months notice ffs

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
No refunds.

They said name correction depends on airline

In theory this 3 character thing could save my bacon as QA do not allow name corrections however they do allow a 3 character change

Flights in December. Im giving them 5 months notice ffs
How much is it to go to the registry office and change her name…….just thinking out the box…….and then change back when you get home but I guess passport will still differ unless you then go to Bhm to change

could be cheaper than £1k ticket

ajsccfc

Lake Garda was ace, we worried about the weather (thunderstorms predicted for the first three days) and how our four year old would be on her first flight and proper holiday. It rained once overnight for about five minutes, and she took to the airport as if she's got frequent flyer miles, couldn't be more chuffed.

On the way back our transfer collected us only two and a bit hours before the flight time which I thought was dicey, then because they're upgrading Verona airport we had to go into a marquee to get our bags checked before another trek to then do the dropoff, then security and then passport control. Because of this we were frantically rushed through and only got sat down on the plane 5 mins before it took off. It was ridiculously stressful but on the other hand I've never been from door to door as quick in my life so can't complain too much

This was the day it was meant to be thundery

LvoCtLq.jpg

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Lake Garda was ace, we worried about the weather (thunderstorms predicted for the first three days) and how our four year old would be on her first flight and proper holiday. It rained once overnight for about five minutes, and she took to the airport as if she's got frequent flyer miles, couldn't be more chuffed.

On the way back our transfer collected us only two and a bit hours before the flight time which I thought was dicey, then because they're upgrading Verona airport we had to go into a marquee to get our bags checked before another trek to then do the dropoff, then security and then passport control. Because of this we were frantically rushed through and only got sat down on the plane 5 mins before it took off. It was ridiculously stressful but on the other hand I've never been from door to door as quick in my life so can't complain too much

This was the day it was meant to be thundery

LvoCtLq.jpg
Looks shit. Where are the deck chairs?

shmmeee

Have you asked? I did this all the time for a London trip and half the time got in my room early.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Looking to go somewhere in September for a week with the missus and I genuinely haven't got a clue. I would say I am very well travelled but for some reason finding somewhere to go just seems like a more annoying task than ever. I find something I am happy with and five minutes later change my mind. The costs are also staggering for even some of the cheaper countries too, which is a bit off-putting.

Was looking at Ibiza but it seems very bad value. Croatia and Montenegro the weather will be a bit suspect. Turkey (sorry Türkiye) looks good in some ways, particularly weather wise, but whilst we want to do both partying and beach on the trip, some of the resorts and hotels also look a bit shoddy. Mallorca, Italy, Greece probably off the list as been there a lot.

Somewhere pretty, hot, with some night life.

Come on SBT - help a man out.

Users who are viewing this thread