The League should give us updates (1 Viewer)

Calista

In a Telegraph article back in September (http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-miss-eight-week-target-6039709), it was stated “CBRE [the Property Consultant] is providing regular updates to the Football League as part of the process.”

Bingo – the fans’ friends at the League are being kept nicely in the picture, so they can easily give us a monthly update. There would be no need to disclose any commercially sensitive information – just let us know that the new stadium plans are steaming along nicely. We can then sleep easily in our beds, safe in the knowledge that by August 2018 (the deadline the League appear to have set) we’ll have a shiny new 12,500 seater stadium somewhere outside Coventry to call home, complete with interior decor chosen by the fans.

The Club don’t seem to feel any obligation to clear up the recent FOI mystery. So in the League’s first bulletin, I’d like to hear that CCFC have provided concrete evidence to them of discussions which started months ago with two local authorities about a multi-purpose stadium, and that the Councils involved do indeed “see the benefits”.

That's a great suggestion Norman. We should all email Mr Clarke at the FL and put pressure on them to say something.

We could also run a completion that predicts what the response from Andrea, Amanda, or Andrew at customer relation we may get.

I'll start. The note will include the statement "We are not in a position to disclose private correspondence you should contact the club for this information. The Football League’s role is to administer and regulate the competition that it’s members play in and only has the power to do so within its regulations. These are available to view on our website here: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/RegulationsIndex/0,,10794,00.html.

wingy

While they will not be monitoring this ,It Is january and they will be evaluating our financial status .

Either there Is going to be an Equity Input or players will go to provide the turnover that allows the current wage structure ,or wages will be cut ,or the embargo will be tightened. Failing all of that maybe the Liquidations will be finalised and all the barriers will be removed.

High time the head Honcho showed her face in Coventry and set the strategy for the minnions to Implement ,we're in the middle of january and undertakings were made to SP back in mid October.

SkyBlueHomer

While they will not be monitoring this ,It Is january and they will be evaluating our financial status .

Either there Is going to be an Equity Input or players will go to provide the turnover that allows the current wage structure ,or wages will be cut ,or the embargo will be tightened. Failing all of that maybe the Liquidations will be finalised and all the barriers will be removed.

High time the head Honcho showed her face in Coventry and set the strategy for the minnions to Implement ,we're in the middle of january and undertakings were made to SP back in mid October.

What is our situation regarding the embargo and FFP rules?

Assuming Clarke does leave, whilst everyone speculates who we will sign to replace him without actually looking at our financial figures I'm sure its pretty safe to say there is no way our current attendances fall in line with the FFP rules/allowed wage budget.

wingy

Assuming Clarke does leave, whilst everyone speculates who we will sign to replace him without actually looking at our financial figures I'm sure its pretty safe to say there is no way our current attendances fall in line with the FFP rules/allowed wage budget.

Its around 60-65% of last years turnover IIRC.

That would have allowed a wage budget of Circa £4M. from memory ,I believe the club have set It at £2.5M., which will leave Otium/Arvo having to inject £1.5M. + all other costs so circa £3M. at my guess .
Worse than that will be next years player budget from this seasons turnover .

SkyBlueHomer

Its around 60-65% of last years turnover IIRC.

That would have allowed a wage budget of Circa £4M. from memory ,I believe the club have set It at £2.5M., which will leave Otium/Arvo having to inject £1.5M. + all other costs so circa £3M. at my guess .
Worse than that will be next years player budget from this seasons turnover .

Cheers. I couldn't remember when this seasons came into effect.
So based on that even if we moved back to the Ricoh for next season we would be stuffed anyway

chiefdave

The other issue is that isn't any new signing only supposed to be on something like 75% of the wages of the outgoing player? If Clarke is leaving because he can get paid more elsewhere it stands to reason anyone at his level isn't going to come here as we can't pay them enough so we'll be either going for someone young and unproven or someone who isn't scoring elsewhere in the hope we can get them scoring.

runner

The other issue is that isn't any new signing only supposed to be on something like 75% of the wages of the outgoing player? If Clarke is leaving because he can get paid more elsewhere it stands to reason anyone at his level isn't going to come here as we can't pay them enough so we'll be either going for someone young and unproven or someone who isn't scoring elsewhere in the hope we can get them scoring.

Absolutely spot on ... thought that earlier ... we won't get the same or better, whoever comes in will be a development guy, not proven track record. Callum esque really.

Users who are viewing this thread