The Masters (3 Viewers)

PVA

Yessss one of the best weekends of the year is here

Golfing Augusta National GIF by The Masters

Scheffler could run away with it the way he's playing, but hoping for a good tournament.

Weather looks pretty awful though so could play a big part.

covcity4life

Not on BBC gutted

I can only watch gold via highlights or when final day is round to final holes.

Sky have a morning highlights package I think but seems like it's only on the EPG for day 1 and 3 at moment

Skyblueweeman

I love the Masters - one of the best weeks of Sport. I normally spread my bets over 8-10 players for each major. In 11 of the last 12, I've come away in profit.

As well as doing Rory (got to being N.Irish and all that), I've got e/ws on Scheffler, Koepka, Schaufelle, Zalatoris, Clark, Harman, Fleetwood and Min Woo Lee.

rob9872

How many will die this year? Disgusting sport and gambling on it only encourages them to breed more!

rob9872

Nope, obviously didn't hit the spot. That was supposed to be the joke that it was on this thread. Personally couldn't give a fek, have backed a few in the masters and will bet on the GN too :)

mark82

I love the Masters - one of the best weeks of Sport. I normally spread my bets over 8-10 players for each major. In 11 of the last 12, I've come away in profit.

As well as doing Rory (got to being N.Irish and all that), I've got e/ws on Scheffler, Koepka, Schaufelle, Zalatoris, Clark, Harman, Fleetwood and Min Woo Lee.
I've got a bit of Min Woo Lee & Fleetwood too. Hopefully pay for our Wembley drinks. 🤣

Also on Si Woo Kim (gonna be shouting Woo a lot this weekend), DJ, Hojgaard. All relative outsiders so targeting EW mostly.

PVA

I've covered about 10 players I think!

But half of them are 150/1 and above shots with small stakes.

The main guys I've gone with are Schauffele, Matsuyama, Clark, Finau, Theegala, Henley

rob9872

I’ve got Koepka and Patrick Cantlay as my main guys. Can’t resist a cheeky 50p each way on Zach Johnson at 500-1 though
I've got Cantlay & Koepka too. Also Cameron Young.

All 3 on Paddy Power E/W top 10

rob9872

Not on BBC gutted

I can only watch gold via highlights or when final day is round to final holes.

Sky have a morning highlights package I think but seems like it's only on the EPG for day 1 and 3 at moment
Get yourself a dodgy stick

Skyblueweeman

I've got a bit of Min Woo Lee & Fleetwood too. Hopefully pay for our Wembley drinks. 🤣

Also on Si Woo Kim (gonna be shouting Woo a lot this weekend), DJ, Hojgaard. All relative outsiders so targeting EW mostly.
Si Woo Kim needs a solid round of majors this year. Never had a top 10. Talented player but his stats don't back it up.

Skyblueweeman

I've covered about 10 players I think!

But half of them are 150/1 and above shots with small stakes.

The main guys I've gone with are Schauffele, Matsuyama, Clark, Finau, Theegala, Henley
Theegala and Henley were next on my list. Think Henley might not be totally suited to Augusta as his accuracy with his irons isn't as good as the others.

Skyblueweeman

Yeah. I've bet him for so long in majors I can't stop now though. 🤣
I'm the same with Rory. I've lost a lot of money on him at Augusta over the years as I always bet him on the nose (despite the fact he always gets a top 10 when he makes the cut).

I could guarantee that if I didn't bet on him, he'd win!

PVA

Think Henley might not be totally suited to Augusta as his accuracy with his irons isn't as good as the others.

He's one of the best iron players on tour!

Hasn't been quite to the level this season admittedly, but last year he was ranked 18th and the year before he was ranked 2nd.

Skyblueweeman

He's one of the best iron players on tour!

Hasn't been quite to the level this season admittedly, but last year he was ranked 18th and the year before he was ranked 2nd.
If you look at the Data Golf rankings on course suit by player, he ranks as one of the lowest based on accuracy (approach play with irons).

PVA

If you look at the Data Golf rankings on course suit by player, he ranks as one of the lowest based on accuracy (approach play with irons).

If I'm looking at the right bit that is for driving accuracy, not approach.

What that table is saying is that Henley is a very accurate driver, but driving accuracy is not an important stat at Augusta so he’s potentially ‘losing’ strokes as one of his strengths isn’t going to be rewarded.

He's definitely one of the best iron players on tour 🙂

Skyblueweeman

If I'm looking at the right bit that is for driving accuracy, not approach.

What that table is saying is that Henley is a very accurate driver, but driving accuracy is not an important stat at Augusta so he’s potentially ‘losing’ strokes as one of his strengths isn’t going to be rewarded.

He's definitely one of the best iron players on tour 🙂
Ah yes, you're correct! I had read the incorrectly and thought it was strange as he's had ok last 12 months, despite no wins.

PVA

Does anyone know what the featured groups are on Sky Sports? I see the main coverage doesn't start until 7.30pm.

Jon Rahm, Matt Fitzpatrick, Nick Dunlap
Wyndham Clark, Viktor Hovland, Cameron Smith
Tiger Woods, Jason Day, Max Homa
Dustin Johnson, Collin Morikawa, Tommy Fleetwood

Amazed that McIlroy/Scheffler/Schauffele isn't one of them!

Users who are viewing this thread