The Mirror: Ranson planing summer takeover bid! (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...Sisu-Capital-in-the-summer-article717031.html

Ray Ranson is plotting a shock summer takeover bid to regain power at Coventry.

Mirrorsport revealed on Thursday that Ranson, 50, is quitting as City chairman due to disillusionment at the lack of funds from owners Sisu Capital.

It has left the cash-strapped club, who are 20th in the Championship, in crisis after sacking manager Aidy Boothroyd earlier this month.

The Sky Blues have also been put under a transfer embargo by the Football League.

But Ranson is drawing up fresh plans buy the club with a new consortium the summer.

Ranson has contacted several City stars like Marlon King and Aron Gunnarsson, who are out of contract this summer, asking them not to leave.

The plot thickens!

Nick

Administrator
Would love for this to be true, if everything in the press is true then Ranson seems to have his head screwed on.

Could they just be speculating from on here though?

gouldberg

Another day in the life of a Coventry fan. It can be a bit boring at times on the pitch but off it....always interesting!

ccfcway

to be fair they were spot on with RR leaving, the King bid etc...

Maybe clutching at straws..

Only 4 months till we find out.

In the words of GMK - "The Clocks Ticking"

The CableGuy

Would love for this to be true, if everything in the press is true then Ranson seems to have his head screwed on.

Could they just be speculating from on here though?

Maybe, but then the Mirror Group owns the CT who have been 24 hours behind their reported news on the City.

sternslovchild

He's merging Cardiff and Coventry, the new team will be C&CCFC, affectionately know as the 4 C's the club was dreamt up during an after hours session on Craven Street.

With the firm use of Prozone and the new innovative tactic of TIHAH (Twat It Hard and High) the club anthem will be [video=youtube;K2cYWfq--Nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw[/video]

All signings will be overseen by Mr Masinga in the KFC while the lights are on at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
And it still hasnt been confirmed about Ranson and Cardiff denied the King thing!

sternslovchild

raym.jpg

Ray's Empire strikes back

ccfcjdee

where would he get the dosh from, a Ken bates style scheme.

Something has to happen, we just need to stay up, can't see it happening though.

sternslovchild

Dosh? He sold them prozone, Leeds paid him mega whack. Cardiff owe him cash. Fuck, he could also double as a double hard bar steward in a film.

ccfcjdee

If true, it would suggest that Ranson deserves more credit than some fans give him! Seems he may have our best interests at heart, but always gets out voted by the anonymous partners??

It's fairly obvious that he has been SISU's puppet, I mean frontman.
Even if it did happen, I wouldn't expect much, more of the same empty promises and false hope....

Monkeyface

I don't know jdee, it looks to me like he found the wrong backers this time. If he has a buisness head on him, he will be looking for more next time round.

He is obviously not happy with Sisu, which looks to me like lime he wants to be a prem chairman, and not a struggling champ one. That's got to be a positive.

ccfcjdee

What people want and what people get is completely different. I'm sure he wants to be a champions league chairman.

Although it is definitely positive if he is trying to fuck off SISU.

I can't see him finding enough cash to buy the stadium, which is our fatal floor.

Billionaire from Dubai please.

ccfcway

Apparently they are speaking to "several people who have ammassed a fortune over the years"

I can only think of a dream team ownership of ........Keith O'Neil & Tim Sherwood

Nick

Administrator
I think if Ray had the backing and the cash behind him, he would do a good job :)

Can we keep the thread on topic? ;) Start a 3DS thread in the Computer Section!

ccfcjdee

the big if, would he have the cash behind him?

If he does manage to pull something like this off, I will be there behind him, like all of us, we are cov fans, but it's pie in the sky that I have very little hope of coming true.

Bobby Peru

Jesus.

I personally don't think Ranson has the gumption to leverage a deal of that magnitude. Bi-collateral multi-level leveraging is a fools game, as my Dad always used to say.

ccfcjdee

thats the thing, when he initially got into bed with them, he either seriously mis-understood how much money it would take to make a promotion challenging team, or sisu lied about how much they were going to put forward each year.
So far it has been a slow motion car crash, when you look at how much the players are on at cardiff, notts and even leicester compared to our squad who get around 2k a week, it's obvious really.

I rekon with regard to the playing squad, there is a degree of, "why are we on peanuts compared to other players in this league".
Yes they signed the contract but I bet it goes on.

Monkeyface

Trouble with Sisu is that they have always been to quick to cash in on players. Their vision has always been too short sighted.
Look at the players that have left under them, and add them to what we have now, and I think we could have had a team capable of top 10 finishes.

Dann, Fox, Best, Tabb and even Sheff who was playing well at the time. And more recently Thomas.

6 Generations

For whatever reason, SISU appeared to exchange a promising mid to long term business plan, into a short term one. Although, i am sure that they fulfilled their promises in terms of stabilising our debts, i do not believe that they have been honourable, thereafter. We don't know all the facts, but it is my opinion they Ray Ranson is an honest man, who it appears, has been left up the creek without a paddle. Let us hope that our current crisis bottoms out this week. I look forward to Monday's statement and, particularly Wednesday.s press conference. Transparency please gentlemen!! Oh! Monkeyface, i believe that Gary McSheffrey was sold to The Blues by the previous regime and not SISU, You are correct about others though. Had Fox, Dann and Best been retained, then we may not now be a club in crisis, but rather one challenging for Premiership status. PUSB

les_miserables

Hoffman is currently in China apparently, one can hope but there are some mega rich dudes over there and football daft especially for the premiership. Would be very competitive and wouldn't want any pip squeak Thai or Korean owners getting the better of them. A chinese backed club getting to and doing the business in the premier league could run itself on shirt sales alone.

skyblu3sk

I think Ranson back could be a good thing he would now have a better idea of how much money he would need to turn the club around. He also tried to quit a few times already but sisu talked him down which shows they wanted to keep him... all speculation but with the right backers boom :D

edgy

Important to remember here, under the unwritten rules of the GMK uberhumour clique, changing of views about people is strictly forbidden. Anyone found offering a different opinion on someone to what they did two years who will be hounded and derided for eternity.

skyblu3sk

Important to remember here, under the unwritten rules of the GMK uberhumour clique, changing of views about people is strictly forbidden. Anyone found offering a different opinion on someone to what they did two years who will be hounded and derided for eternity.

If aimed at me I have always said Ranson seemed OK but his hand was forced...Also this is not GMK ;)

Users who are viewing this thread