The Mirror: Ranson planing summer takeover bid! (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Oh and it will turn into GMK..... just watch.

In terms of readership and post's I hope so. But we would like it not to break out in to just a slanging match that GMK did from time to time. On the key issues Ranson agreed with the fans, that bodes well for the future!

ccfcway

Jesus.

I personally don't think Ranson has the gumption to leverage a deal of that magnitude. Bi-collateral multi-level leveraging is a fools game, as my Dad always used to say.

my dad used to say "pop up the shop and get me 20 bensons will you son"

Platt_The_Donkey

the Dream Team Consortium group headed by Ray Ranson, includes; Gary Hoffman, Jo Elliott, John Clarke, Bobby Gould, John Sillett, Eddie Jordan, Richard Keys, Brian McFadden and Sky Blue Sam.

Nick

Administrator
In terms of readership and post's I hope so. But we would like it not to break out in to just a slanging match that GMK did from time to time. On the key issues Ranson agreed with the fans, that bodes well for the future!

This.... ;)

If you want it to go off topic, make a new thread in the relevant section and have it there. Nobody wants to trawl through loads of crap before it goes back on topic.

flammablepiss

Facebook User

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
if rr took over why doesnt he sell the club to actual fans that have money i for one would buy a small bit of it but we can only dream ha.

stupot07

With all his experiences here wouldn't he be better off buying another club with less holes in their finances?

Perhaps it's the challenge and the fact he has unfinished business here. From a business point of view I can't see why us - we're rapidly declining and in a financial mess

CovLis86

This is so stressful being a Coventry fan. Its never boring is it, apart from Saturday afternoons.

Again, as exciting as this rumour is, it could just be a case of false hope, false promises and it really does get tiring being let down time and time again. Would be a fantastic story though if Ray came back with some 'bigger boys' and sorted this lot out. Be one for the ages.

ccfc luke

This would be great if this did happen, but i seriously doubt that he has the cash to take over and then keep the club running.

lordsummerisle

Important to remember here, under the unwritten rules of the GMK uberhumour clique, changing of views about people is strictly forbidden. Anyone found offering a different opinion on someone to what they did two years who will be hounded and derided for eternity.

Important to remember here, under the unwritten rules of the GMK no criticism whatsover of Ray and Sisu(they saved us) clique, acknowledgment that people were right about them two years ago is strictly forbidden. Anyone found offering a different opinion about Sisu and Ray two years ago will be hounded and derided for eternity(Or until i change my mind)

Nick

Administrator
The problem is, I'm not sure how you make a great business case out of CCFC.

I think that is the problem!

Maybe we could send a few of the old shirts out to a far east country to get them on side :) They love the footy and it might look good when putting a case together!

"Look, The Filipines all support Coventry, think of the market of lady boys you could target"

Pigeon

If this is true that would be great, anything to keep the club alive is good to me and it would mean that Ranson has pulled us from the brink twice.

Great_Expectations

Would be absolutely fantastic if true.

Ransom/Hoffman with a Chinese consortium would be great - as mentioned earlier shirt sales, along with other commercial schemes in Asia would bring in massive income.

fellatio_Martinez

Sounds like a dream.

SISU need to be taken out. Ranson has always been keen to own a football club so maybe he's ultra motivated to gain full ownership.

Lets hope there's some truth in this.

Danceswithhorses

Im sure i read it on CET site, although now its vanished, that there are 2 rumoured consortia interested...one with RR and one with The Hoff......probably bullshit though as its the CET

EDIT...read it on CovMAD - opinion unchanged on CET tho.....fancy them having a real CCFC exclusive lol

Last edited:

ccfcjdee

Cov fans going over the top with a bit of probably made up news, classic.
Shirt sales in Asia? We are on the brink of relegation to the 3rd tear and administration. I love optimism, but we have no reason to be. How many times can some people be slapped across the face and still expect something good to happen.

Nick

Administrator
I was joking about the shirt sales by sending loads of them with Cobi Jones 24 on the back that they must have sitting around to another country :)

Great_Expectations

Not all all - investment - improvement - increased reputation - owners flaunt our club in there home market - increased sales.

Obviously this is massively over simplified but why not? To cite an extreme example - Man City. I doubt they were exactly a world wide name a few seasons ago now there known all around the world. I am not for one minute saying this will happen to us, and to be honest I wouldn't want it to that extreme, but the point is if investment does bring success then it will enhance our reputation. Asian owners would surely exploit this for their gain in their home markets which they would know well.

It is all optimistic and this is all hypothetical anyway, as I doubt anything but admin awaits, until it does however I will cling onto any hope there is left.

Users who are viewing this thread