The new central six/rail station junction (1 Viewer)

stupot07

WTF is that all about. Really confusing, one of those stupid 'shared' spaces were no one has right of way, very dangerous I can see a fair few accidents happening there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

I have not used it yet but if it's anything like around the Ricoh it will be awful people coming from everywhere, they should make the designer drive it for a whole day as punishment and so they don't do it again.

Otis

I have not used it yet but if it's anything like around the Ricoh it will be awful people coming from everywhere, they should make the designer drive it for a whole day as punishment and so they don't do it again.
I use it all the time and have no problem with it.

Pretty much everyone else does though. ;)

It IS very confusing upon first encounter.

J

Jack Griffin

WTF is that all about. Really confusing, one of those stupid 'shared' spaces were no one has right of way, very dangerous I can see a fair few accidents happening there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Frigging awful layout, the Engineers who designed this need shooting, just a maze of one way restrictions and several places where several traffic streams merge from different directions, making it very dangerous if you are a pedestrian who isn't very careful. There are also 2 other no entry restrictions except for buses & taxis round the other side of the station (Park Road towards Quinton Rd & Stoney Road heading back South over the Railway line) making it very hard to get in and out by car for the uninitiated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnythespider

Been round it 3 or 4 times now, first time I was scratching my head but I think it's fine now

Terry Gibson's perm

I use it all the time and have no problem with it.

Pretty much everyone else does though. ;)

It IS very confusing upon first encounter.

i seem to always arrive at the same time as the learner driver or foreign lorry driver who seem to go where they want from any lane if you are talking about the Ricoh not had the pleasure of the other one yet but have walked from the station into town which is quite nice now if you can dodge the odd drunk lying about.

Grendel

To be fair the development is making that area of Coventry look a lot better

wingy

It's fairly simple If you go cautiously and stick to 20.
Have used It a few times now and find It simpler to cut through town and avoid the awful merge between Ring road /London Rd
when heading Stoke/ Walsgrave side, entering Skyblueway from Gosport st.

wingy

To be fair the development is making that area of Coventry look a lot better

Yeah It looks attractive but then It was always nice through there,grass /flower beds /shrubs trees etc..
is It known as Greyfriars green?

stupot07

I've been up 2-3 times from the London road side and that's pretty simple, but from the IKEA side. Bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread