The noise at kick off..... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's absolutely fantastic what an atmosphere is generated via the East Stand at kick off . Truly. I've been following Cov since the 1970s and I have to say it makes me immensely proud to hear such a noise for the first 15-20 mins of every home game. Particularly so as the team are struggling recently the supporters continue to get behind the players. Well done the fans.

pusbccfc

Far better than 2005-2021 but it was better in the previous 2 seasons. A real decline this year.

It's still good considering the poor start to the season but nothing will beat those first few games in 2021 and late last season. Birmingham at home was incredible.

Even those sat in the pricey seats in the middle of the East Stand and those on the corporate make more noise than the North Stand.

Flying Fokker

Far better than 2005-2021 but it was better in the previous 2 seasons. A real decline this year.

It's still good considering the poor start to the season but nothing will beat those first few games in 2021 and late last season. Birmingham at home was incredible.

Even those sat in the pricey seats in the middle of the East Stand and those on the corporate make more noise than the North Stand.
It’s a credit to the fans that they are turning up. The hope is that the team start to entertain on the pitch. It will take some shit moves by the club hierarchy to change that. SISU worked hard to alienate the fans before and after Northampton.
I just want to see the team performing.

CovInEssex

Very true. I've been to every Championship ground (I think?) and nothing comes close even with a decline this season. Riverside for the play offs was special.

We'll Live and Dieeeeeee

pusbccfc

Very true. I've been to every Championship ground (I think?) and nothing comes close even with a decline this season. Riverside for the play offs was special.

We'll Live and Dieeeeeee

Riverside was another level to what we have this season. Best in the league

Grendel

Cannon and Ball and the Boys in Blue surely needs to make a comeback

Grendel

Was she too drunk to walk on her own ? ;)

More likely the other way round - Brian really was washed up

They used to do the Uni circuit at Christmas in the early 80’s - I never saw Sweet as such - I had the pleasure of Mud, Slade and er Garry Glitter

wingy

More likely the other way round - Brian really was washed up

They used to do the Uni circuit at Christmas in the early 80’s - I never saw Sweet as such - I had the pleasure of Mud, Slade and er Garry Glitter
Mud,Rubettes and showaddy at the Christmas Ball at our place.

SkyBlueMatt

The years back in the Ricoh has been the atmosphere has been brilliant. That season before they started clamping down on people moving round to 14/15/16 was unreal at times. I understand why they had to do it, safety, etc but I think it has lost a step.

If we start playing well and go on a bit of a run, the place will really go up a notch.

oscillatewildly

Would you prefer Ballroom Blitz by Sweet?

If I'm honest, that would make me close to a tipping point, but I think refusing to attend because of a song on the tannoy is a bit of a cop out.
Too fucking right! Anything by the Sweet over the Enemy, any day of the week not just on a match day.
Can you imagine 'Fox On The Run' belting out before KO of a certain home fixture in a couple of months time?
Unfortunately I think we'll have to use imagination as I doubt the club possess the gonads to pull that one out of the bag.

pusbccfc

The years back in the Ricoh has been the atmosphere has been brilliant. That season before they started clamping down on people moving round to 14/15/16 was unreal at times. I understand why they had to do it, safety, etc but I think it has lost a step.

If we start playing well and go on a bit of a run, the place will really go up a notch.

Yep, it's half empty up there now.

Those first few months back when it was absolutely packed was incredible. It's not even remotely close now.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Talking of the CBS, I see they have started to jet wash the outside of the stadium 🏟️

Users who are viewing this thread