The Nowhere Men (1 Viewer)

DionDublinsJockstrap

Well worth a read - all about football scouts but some really interesting insights into the game which make you think “oh yea - makes sense and I’d never really thought about this before” Good example - players stats - shots / distance run / tackles all obvious - but taking reference from American Football a really important stat is how much an individual playing impacts on the performance of all the other team members. Denis Wise springs to mind in this respect. I suspect we have had more than our fair share of players with the opposite effect - Tim Sherwood springs to mind

SlowerThanPlatt

Think Chris Stokes gets a mention in it before he came to us?

Just had a look back through the book, Millwall were looking at him when he was at FGR but they were put off by his tendency of drifting inside under pressure.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Well worth a read - all about football scouts but some really interesting insights into the game which make you think “oh yea - makes sense and I’d never really thought about this before” Good example - players stats - shots / distance run / tackles all obvious - but taking reference from American Football a really important stat is how much an individual playing impacts on the performance of all the other team members. Denis Wise springs to mind in this respect. I suspect we have had more than our fair share of players with the opposite effect - Tim Sherwood springs to mind
Burge.

stupot07

I read it a couple of years ago. A real eye opener into the world of scouting from watching kids for academies, analysis and putting forward prospective signings to analysing games.

Well worth a read.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread