The Olympics (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

With all the talk going on about drug cheats etc these games will have us watching and thinking I bet he/she is on something ? Its getting so bad now that every sportsman/woman is under suspicion, that nobody can be trusted. The worlds so corrupt that they may as well hand out medals to the best cheats !

Captain Dart

Posted in wrong forum.

jimmyhillsfanclub

With all the talk going on about drug cheats etc these games will have us watching and thinking I bet he/she is on something ? Its getting so bad now that every sportsman/woman is under suspicion, that nobody can be trusted. The worlds so corrupt that they may as well hand out medals to the best cheats !

To be fair BBR, I think its pretty much always been the same since I was a kid.....I just think we are far more aware of it now...

The first Olympics I remember clearly was Moscow 1980 when the USA boycotted it...
Looking back at it now, I'd certainly have some major concerns over the appearance & performance of some of our top british medalists from that era......but I won't mention them by name as I don't wanna get taken to court....

I'm looking forward to it......Brazil is a great country going through a tough time at present...... but the Brazilian people are forever happy & optomistic....so much so that it becomes infectious.......I hope they get a games to remember for all the right reasons.

bringbackrattles

To be fair BBR, I think its pretty much always been the same since I was a kid.....I just think we are far more aware of it now...

The first Olympics I remember clearly was Moscow 1980 when the USA boycotted it...
Looking back at it now, I'd certainly have some major concerns over the appearance & performance of some of our top british medalists from that era......but I won't mention them by name as I don't wanna get taken to court....

I'm looking forward to it......Brazil is a great country going through a tough time at present...... but the Brazilian people are forever happy & optomistic....so much so that it becomes infectious.......I hope they get a games to remember for all the right reasons.
I guess you're right as from biblical times to the present there's always been dodgy characters. But maybe its just me and my cynical nature but whenever an athlete achieves a record of some sort,I think to myself I bet he/she has taken something ? Which is unfair to those who are clean,but who can you trust anymore ?

philster11

The world of sport is full of drug cheats it is unfortunate. The governing bodies are always playing catch up and can only test for the drugs they know about. Chris Froome got tested 29 times during the tour de france this year, but they can only test for drugs they know about. Armstrong got tested every day in one tour and passed every drugs test. The only way to ever have a true level playing field is to allow drugs to be used. You are always going to have the suspicion you are up against someone who is cheating.

ajsccfc

I'm still nervously hoping Usain Bolt makes it through his career without controversy. If he was to ever be done that'd be it.

Covstu

As expected it hasn't had the same build up as London for obvious reasons, looking forward to it and cannot wait to see wiggo and Cavs tear it up!

henry the wasp

There is a great book on the 100m final at the Seoul Olympics in 88. It's called "The Dirtiest Race In History" by Richard Moore. Well worth the read.
As for the Russians then they should be banned. But then so should Two time drug cheat, Justin Gatlin.

Users who are viewing this thread