Tudgay, what the?

no_loyalty

in no more than 2 words:

The Ref, Worse ever

Ainsworth, Class-act

Tudgay, what the?

The ref wasn't the best but certainly not the worse ever

I agree on Ainsworth, took the defeat gracefully

I thought Tudgay had a really decent game last night, he chassed every lost cause and even won a few headers

Warwickhunt

I get fed up with how much influence the referee has to effect a games result! Time keeping should be taken out of their hands similar to Rugby.

afan4life

every 50-50 was given to them,Haynes booked for pushing and yet their 23 Stone bully was ignored (except by the tw*ts doing the Sky commentating who never shut up about him) constant fouling by WW went unpunished and 6 minutes injury time..

lifeskyblue

I thought the ref was ok. 6 mins seemed about right considering subs and the few stoppages for head injuries. It was the Lino who indicated the foul on the touch line by Haynes.
Ainsworth seems a manager to watch and certainly was reasonable and fair in his sssessment.
I'm not tudgay's biggest fan but thought last night he worked v hard for the team and as the game progressed and we were pushed back he became isolated.

PUSB

sb84

Tudgay is the most infuriating player to watch, lazy is not a strong enough word. I actually feel sorry for SISU as they have been scammed in to believing he is a footballer and are paying him a wage for being one.
Didn't even notice him on the pitch in first half and then second half he was noticeable from his lack of willingness to move. He made two good touches late in second half to put the hoof balls out to Jones and that it his 90 minutes summed up. Oh I did see him win one header. Surely we have a kid somewhere in the ranks that will move around more up front?

Referees at 1st/2nd division level tend to favour a bit of tackling/pushing around and to be honest I prefer this. My 13 year old son also commented last night that this level is more exciting to watch than a premiership game on tv. Unfortunately Coventry have a bit of a light weight team at the minute so we will find more games like this. DKE showed the way though as the guy he was marking must have been a foot taller and much heavier but persistence and a will to win every ball gave him the edge.

olderskyblue

Tudgay was OK last night. Plenty of talking to the young players, lots of effort and some nice touches. Thought he did OK.

The part of his, and others, game that got my goat last night was the needless free kicks given away for stupid pushes, especially with the beast on the pitch. needless, and could have cost us. Thankfully, it didn't.

sb84

he does show his experience at times compared to the rest of the team but you would expect that. Would just be nice to see him put some effort in to running towards the box maybe when its quite obvious to the 11500 people watching that a cross is inevitable. He is a professional athlete after all and should have some degree of fitness (and willingness to earn his wage maybe?)

olderskyblue

he does show his experience at times compared to the rest of the team but you would expect that. Would just be nice to see him put some effort in to running towards the box maybe when its quite obvious to the 11500 people watching that a cross is inevitable. He is a professional athlete after all and should have some degree of fitness (and willingness to earn his wage maybe?)

He ran his socks off last night

ajsccfc

Tudgay had a decent game I thought. Him and Jones were vital in killing the game off as it was otherwise half an hour of bombardment by Wycombe.

JimmyHillsbeard

Tudgay is the most infuriating player to watch, lazy is not a strong enough word. I actually feel sorry for SISU as they have been scammed in to believing he is a footballer and are paying him a wage for being one.
Didn't even notice him on the pitch in first half and then second half he was noticeable from his lack of willingness to move. He made two good touches late in second half to put the hoof balls out to Jones and that it his 90 minutes summed up. Oh I did see him win one header. Surely we have a kid somewhere in the ranks that will move around more up front?

Referees at 1st/2nd division level tend to favour a bit of tackling/pushing around and to be honest I prefer this. My 13 year old son also commented last night that this level is more exciting to watch than a premiership game on tv. Unfortunately Coventry have a bit of a light weight team at the minute so we will find more games like this. DKE showed the way though as the guy he was marking must have been a foot taller and much heavier but persistence and a will to win every ball gave him the edge.

Sorry but there's no way yopu can accuse Tudgay of being lazy yesterday. He ran his bollocks off for the cause.
You can claim he was ineffective, lacking skill, a headless chicken or incapable of making good decisions. All of these would be your opinion - and people might agree or disagree with you, but to say "lazy is not a strong enough word" for his performance yesterday just makes you look very daft I'm afraid.

Unless you mean "lazy" in the other sense that we often hear in connection to certain players.

Kingokings204

Yes I agree tuggy was utter crap at football last night but he worked his socks off and led on the pitch tbf. Maybe even if saw us home. We had a team of kids out there again and there in lies why we are bottom of league one.

rupert_bear

Tudguy was top player last night he hardly had the ball but ran his knackers off all game, put himself between player and ball all night took a yellow for the team which broke play up takes a lot of stick on here but without him yesterday I think there would be a lot of glum faces around tonight.

sb84

I have just watched the game back on tv and will admit I may have been harsh on Tudgay, he did move around a lot to chat to his own players, the recipients never really looked like they were listening to him but who knows maybe they do take his advice?
Also agreed his positioning and some small bouts of pressure on the defenders did work well, still wouldn't say he ran his knackers off though. One occasion when jones went down the right and crossed showed up exactly what I saw of Tudgay last night, Tudgays run in to the box (he was actually looking down at the floor and not at Jones pelting down the wing) was of the pace most players jog off after the half time whistle, this is the infuriating nature of Tudgay unfortunately.

chiefdave

Tudgay has had many far worse games than that.

And agree on both the ref and Ainsworth. Read in the program that he's still registered as a play and came on in one of the earlier rounds!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The infuriating thing with Tudgay is that he clearly reads the game very, very well and always knows where players around him are. Tries little flicks and cushioned headers that don't always come off . Ran his socks off last night and I felt towards the final 30 mins it showed.

Nick

Administrator
In the first half, wasn't it Tudgay who played that really clever ball to Thomas for his other chance?

fernandopartridge

Tudgay wasn't lazy at all last night, I honestly don't know what game you were watching.

Otis

Not lazy. His legs had gone by about the 65th minute though, so maybe it appeared to be the case.

pusbccfc

Tudgay won an awful lot of headers in our penalty box.

clint van damme

afan - sorry Tudgay is normally useless but without him yesterday we lose. He fought for everything
he did one 10 second spell of pressing in the 2nd half that N'golo Kante would have been proud of. I'm not his biggest fan at all but to say he was lazy last night is crazy.

Liquid Gold

46 games a weekend in the 4 leagues. I find it so hard to believe the quality of referee can't be improved upon when you only need to find 46 guys who know what they're doing out of 50 million people.

georgehudson

Imho,
the ref; Darren England 2/10, he's reffed us before & is just not good enough, all 50/50's went Wycombe's way, he should be given a few, local to him, sunday league games, in short a condescending git.
G.Ainsworth, a credit to his profession 8/10
M.Tudgay, a good game & hopefully some of his experience has rubbed off on other CCFC youngsters 7/10.

Speedies_Chips

every 50-50 was given to them,Haynes booked for pushing and yet their 23 Stone bully was ignored (except by the tw*ts doing the Sky commentating who never shut up about him) constant fouling by WW went unpunished and 6 minutes injury time..
Just spent a few minutes trying to work out who WW was before I realised you meant the team as a whole - lol

Users who are viewing this thread