The road to nowhere.. (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

It's clear that there is more bad feeling towards the SISU operated club than there is to the CCC/ACL side of things.
That accepted then, where does the road lead from here?

Those that simply say SISU out, get them out any way possible, what do you think the end result of that will be?

Those who certainly do not support SISU (and I think it fair to say nobody does regardless of what others might think) but do accept conversely that they alone at the moment are supporting a football club that remains alive and has a future. Is it not better to wish for them to at least come through all this mess and be in a position to sell on?

My preferred option is the latter. I want my football club to survive and preferably playing at the Ricoh.

Can it be so bad to suggest that some sort of deal has got to be found where by the football club returns to the Ricoh? (and not just as pitch renters)

I see that as the wisest choice. The fact ACL/Council seem to refuse to entertain the thought of the football club having anything other than rental space really has got to change surely? there will be other owners in time they have to accept that and stop trying just like SISU to manufacture an outcome they want? They say they want the club in Coventry but I don't see them bending over backwards in any way now? They have helped heap more misery on the fans if anything.
We already know SISU have done enough of that and continue to do so but for the love of God can these two sides get in a room and thrash out a deal to satisfy the immediate desires and then take it from there?

Some say SISU are asset stripping and taking the club to it's death. It could be argued recent events by ACL have set a similar path for our club by causing a 10 point deduction, liquidation of one operating arm of the club, embargo continuing and all the rest of it.

Just where, when and how will this end?

Noggin

It's clear that there is more bad feeling towards the SISU operated club than there is to the CCC/ACL side of things.

Those that simply say SISU out, get them out any way possible, what do you think the end result of that will be?

The hope is that they will leave during this season due to the ammount of money they are losing each week, someone new will buy us and buy the ricoh, we'll likely still be relegated this season but we can start in league two with hope and a fresh start. If they don't leave we will get relegated anyway and I don't see us being much worse off than if a few thousand more had gone each week, we would owe more money to sisu but I don't see any actual downside to that.

Those who certainly do not support SISU (and I think it fair to say nobody does regardless of what others might think) but do accept conversely that they alone at the moment are supporting a football club that remains alive and has a future. Is it not better to wish for them to at least come through all this mess and be in a position to sell on?

Sisu will always be in a position to sell us on why would they not be? perhaps next season if they are still here then a second relegation will be more likely if we keep up nopm. But if SISU are really planning the new stadium the conferance is going to be where we end up either way.

My preferred option is the latter. I want my football club to survive and preferably playing at the Ricoh.

Can it be so bad to suggest that some sort of deal has got to be found where by the football club returns to the Ricoh? (and not just as pitch renters)

It's gone to far for me to support SISU as the club owners even at the ricoh at least in the short term, but no it's of course no bad to suggest it and the people who havn't followed this thing closely, haven't listened to the smug and bear faced lies, don't realise the club are morally bankrupt trying to distress companies will probably come back quickly. I have no problem with that, it is of course much more preferable than the club disapearing but I won't be supporting the club under sisu without a massive change and them somehow re igniting my passion.

I see that as the wisest choice. The fact ACL/Council seem to refuse to entertain the thought of the football club having anything other than rental space really has got to change surely? there will be other owners in time they have to accept that and stop trying just like SISU to manufacture an outcome they want? They say they want the club in Coventry but I don't see them bending over backwards in any way now? They have helped heap more misery on the fans if anything.
We already know SISU have done enough of that and continue to do so but for the love of God can these two sides get in a room and thrash out a deal to satisfy the immediate desires and then take it from there?

I could never trust sisu so I can't in good concious expect someone else to. It's not like they have changed, they are just as bad as ever.

Some say SISU are asset stripping and taking the club to it's death. It could be argued recent events by ACL have set a similar path for our club by causing a 10 point deduction, liquidation of one operating arm of the club, embargo continuing and all the rest of it.

James Smith

Might be interesting after Sunday to see what the SISU stance is like with regards returning to the Ricoh depending on how many attend each stadium. As I see it the club is being used a bargaining chip to gain access to the freehold of the Ricoh and the fans are being held hostage. SISU I think are counting on a Stocholm syndrome to develop and us to start liking them, which isn't going to happen for me. I don't think they give a toss about the fans or the club they are just means to an end, which is them owning the Ricoh outright.

italiahorse

I go with the judge today.
SISU are stressing ACL to get the Ricoh.
All I know it's not football they are interested in.
I have no idea what SISU have offered for the Ricoh but I am damn sure it's not what its worth.
I agree with the club owning the stadium but if SISU are in charge I would prefer the club to only own 50%.

Paxman II

I go with the judge today.
SISU are stressing ACL to get the Ricoh.
All I know it's not football they are interested in.
I have no idea what SISU have offered for the Ricoh but I am damn sure it's not what its worth.
I agree with the club owning the stadium but if SISU are in charge I would prefer the club to only own 50%.

I prefer SISU never 'own' any of it. A lease agreement giving them control of income streams from most of the stadium outlets associated with the football clubs 'foot fall' including F&B, car parks etc. That lease at a small reasonable rent level such as 100k per year. The lease to be assignable therefore giving the SISU an asset in combination with the football club. (not a separation) That gives SISU a simple opportunity to regain some investment if not all and make like a tree. A small premium for such a lease should be worked out. Once new owners follow they can renegotiate terms of said lease which could take the deal further with a more trusted company.

Can't understand why this scenario is not playing out?

James Smith

I prefer SISU never 'own' any of it. A lease agreement giving them control of income streams from most of the stadium outlets associated with the football clubs 'foot fall' including F&B, car parks etc. That lease at a small reasonable rent level such as 100k per year. The lease to be assignable therefore giving the SISU an asset in combination with the football club. (not a separation) That gives SISU a simple opportunity to regain some investment if not all and make like a tree. A small premium for such a lease should be worked out. Once new owners follow they can renegotiate terms of said lease which could take the deal further with a more trusted company.

I actually think it could have done before SISU went on their rent boycott. That destroyed any trust between the council and SISU, had they negotiated instead of trying to distress ACL things could probably have been different. If the tenants in my flat stop paying rent after 2 months the managing agent kicks them out, it's in the lease I checked. If they stopped paying rent then they'd lose my trust and I wouldn't rent to them again. SISU had until LTD was liquidated a chance to buy a half share in ACL, that they didn't, only started talks after starting the boycott and walked away after initial talks tells me they weren't serious about paying the charity a reasonable amount & just wanted the stadium on the cheap. If the ACL statement about the ownership talks is true then they wanted the freehold on the cheap not ACL.

J

Jack Griffin

I actually think it could have done before SISU went on their rent boycott. That destroyed any trust between the council and SISU, had they negotiated instead of trying to distress ACL things could probably have been different. If the tenants in my flat stop paying rent after 2 months the managing agent kicks them out, it's in the lease I checked. If they stopped paying rent then they'd lose my trust and I wouldn't rent to them again. SISU had until LTD was liquidated a chance to buy a half share in ACL, that they didn't, only started talks after starting the boycott and walked away after initial talks tells me they weren't serious about paying the charity a reasonable amount & just wanted the stadium on the cheap. If the ACL statement about the ownership talks is true then they wanted the freehold on the cheap not ACL.

Yeah, I agree.. there has been plenty of opportunity to agree some sort of deal & come back later to add a buy back clause & improve some terms after a reasonable period of rebuilding trust.

That is the way forward I would have chosen and I'm pretty sure ACL would have been amenable to, but it wasn't the path taken.

elephanttears

ACL will never sell the club the stadium, if they do they will all be out of jobs so there not going to do that are they. The correct decision is to build our own stadium, the problem is no one trusts sisu, fans are stuck in limbo. We dont like ACL and we dont trust sisu, what are we meant to do?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Brilliant who would pay the mortgage then and what with?

James Smith

ACL will never sell the club the stadium, if they do they will all be out of jobs so there not going to do that are they. The correct decision is to build our own stadium, the problem is no one trusts sisu, fans are stuck in limbo. We dont like ACL and we dont trust sisu, what are we meant to do?
ACL could be a 100% owned subsidiary of the club (just not under SISU) no need for job losses except at the Board level and that's no big deal as that wouldn't be a full time job anyway. Pwkh can go back to running the charity full time etc.

If you seriously believe the WHite Elephant stadium is ever going to be built then please tell us where and when as I don't think it will. I think SISU are just after the Ricoh at a knock down price.

Users who are viewing this thread