The Worst Team - GK (1 Viewer)

I've noticed recently theres been a few threads to put together Coventry's best ever team. Well, i think it would be a good idea to put together the worst team, and let's by honest, there's a few contenders to go into the squad. So for this week's Cooks Question we're gonna start with the goal keeper. Who is the worst player to stand between the sticks for the sky blues. Let me know who and why below. Next week we'll talk defenders, then midfielders and strikers, so it's gonna be a 4 week thing. The best answers will be read out on Thursday's episode of Sports Lounge (10am) on 98.6 Hillz FM, and i will choose the unlucky keeper to go into the team

ajsccfc

I think Hughes might have actually kept a clean sheet when he had to go in, so statistically he's one of the best in history.

Alkhen

Pegguy Arphexad, this is a man who made a total of 39 apps over his entire career.

Edit: He won 6 medals at Liverpool after making 2 starts. at least no one can take those away from him

Last edited:
Many to choose from but my vote would go to Raddy Avramovic. He also conceded the goal that Steve Sherwood scored for Watford (their goalie!) Apparently provoked an argument at half time between him and then manager, Bobby Gould.

Samo

Must we do this? :thinking about:

Monners

Oggy, just pipping Bill Glazier - I haven't really entered into the spirit of this have I :mad:

Edit: Ok the Danish lad who went to Hibs - completely hopeless - can't remember his name at the minute

Got it - Morten Hyldegaard

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Who was that Italian guy? Am I right in thinking we had some fella called Raphael Nuzzo in goal and he played in one game...a League Cup game against Tranmere and we lost 5-0?

If so, then him.

Hobo

Must we do this? :thinking about:

It is in your own hands. But when it comes to worst keepers, probably out of their hands.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I was at the old den in the 80's when Speedie went in goal second half after oggy got injured.
Mind you Oggy let three in and Speedie only one.

Hobo

Nuzzo, But at least he had the decency to only appear about once.

Steele and Sheared were longer bad dreams; having been brought up on the, likes of Glazier, King, Blythe, Seeley and Oggy.

Moff

The worst I have ever seen is Raddy Avramovic. As quoted earlier in the thread let Steve Sherwood the Watford keeper score against him from a goal kick. He was effectively sacked by Booby Gould after having a mare against Stoke when he punched the ball in his own net from a cross. Absoloute shite.

Worth a mention for Nuzzo, Chris Dunn and Scott Shearer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread