Theory! (1 Viewer)

rswxite

A lot of people have questioned the clubs timing in there decision to sack Thorn after only 3 games into the season especially after he had just practically rebuilt the squad with 9 new signings plus at least 1 or 2 more reportedly on the way!

Why keep him on after relegation, allow him to sign a lot of players then sack him??

Well, is it conceivable that this was the clubs plan right from the end of last season, to allow Thorn to utilise his best attribute in identifying and scouting good players, rebuilding a decent squads or this league on a budget for the benefit of the clubs future without ever intending to allow him to manage his own team!

Obviously they would have to be seen to be giving him a chance before sacking him and replacing him with someone who can in their eyes get the best out of the new signings!

Thorn is a very good scout, wouldn't surprise me if this was the clubs plan to take advantage of his ability over the summer before sacking at the first opportunity and bringing in someone else to push it all forward?!

Diehard Si

It's not the stupidest thing I've seen on here. Could be some truth in there somewhere. Of course we'll never find out.

Glen

Typical cov really but cunning no money get thorn to get in players then a new manager has to work with them

davebart

not a bad theory but
a) it suggests SISU actually have a plan
b) notoriously managers prefer their own signings to someone elses.

My theory is that the timing has something to do with the rent negotiations. The Council want SISU to demonstrate a commitment to the club. Was the sacking anything to do with that?

speedie87

Don't go with this theory really.

Carsley basically signed kilbane cus he was his mate.
Jennings was bigging up Carsley.
He got us Gary gardner on loan cus he a family friend

Had played with Stephen Elliot.
Thorn asked him to put a call into Ireland to get Barton off int duty.

Users who are viewing this thread