They thinks its all Over (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Reading the Notts Forum they are thrilled they are playing us and many have already booked their Wembley hotels - Think they need to get a refund - Got a sneaking feeling we will beat them comfortably as we did first game of this season and win the Wembley final comfortably - Our fan base will win it for us

fernandopartridge

Reading the Notts Forum they are thrilled they are playing us and many have already booked their Wembley hotels - Think they need to get a refund - Got a sneaking feeling we will beat them comfortably as we did first game of this season and win the Wembley final comfortably - Our fan base will win it for us
Have they forgotten that we've beaten them 4-2 over the home and away league games?

SKYBLUES90

Have they forgotten that we've beaten them 4-2 over the home and away league games?

My thoughts exactly.

Don’t want to be over confident but I think we will beat them over two legs, I thought they were awful when we played them away but two stupid errors and we gave them the game.

Kingokings204

Either side can win. It’s who on the day is better and deals with that pressure.

In terms of quality we are about the same. Nothing in it. 2 points between us over 46 games and 6 goals. This will be close and cagey.

chiefdave

Certainly don't think it will be easy but can't see why they would be so confident. Hopefully their players are overconfident as well.

Nick

Administrator
As long as we show a bit of fight then it's far from over. Go there and let them bully us and we may as well just walk the ball in for them.

covboy1987

Don't know why I am feeling like this just got a sneaking feeling with Mark Robins experience, the fact that Notts county seemed to be a bit overconfident (ust as they seemed before we stuffed them 3-0) and roared on by our fan base I am going for 3-0 home and 2-0 away - final 4-0 or 4-1 - Jim Bentley the Morecambe manager grabbed the Mike in the suite last week and stood for a few minutes praising our team fans and set up and added that it was a shame that his team would not be playing us next season as we would win the pay offs and are heading for league 1 - He added that in Tom Baylis we have a superstar that is destined for the very top

Nick

Administrator
Don't know why I am feeling like this just got a sneaking feeling with Mark Robins experience, the fact that Notts county seemed to be a bit overconfident (ust as they seemed before we stuffed them 3-0) and roared on by our fan base I am going for 3-0 home and 2-0 away - final 4-0 or 4-1 - Jim Bentley the Morecambe manager grabbed the Mike in the suite last week and stood for a few minutes praising our team fans and set up and added that it was a shame that his team would not be playing us next season as we would win the pay offs and are heading for league 1 - He added that in Tom Baylis we have a superstar that is destined for the very top

Doubt he would have said that if we had just beaten them and sent them down.

Speedies_Chips

They are no different to any other fans, us included. They think they will win, we think we will win.
Thats what it's all about. Having hope and backing your team.

pastythegreat

Biggest underachieving team this season. Spent 100 days in total this season in 2nd spot, to then not even finish within the autos is absolutely shocking. Be just the icing on the cake for how they beat us at their place (player holding Burge for the corner, Ameobi dirty low blows) to beat them now!

D

Deleted member 4439

Not sure its going to be a free flowing evening game of football. Notts will come with their studs up high and try to bully us out of playing football. City will have to be a lot braver - and want the second ball more - than they did at the county ground. If I was a NC fan, I'd be seeing us as a softer touch than Exeter and Lincoln - it's not simply about which of the 4 is the best footballing team.

I assume we'll at least have a learnt to have defender between Burge and the notts player assigned to do the pushing on Burge.

That all said, NC always seemed the best draw, over Lincoln or Exeter.

Last edited by a moderator:

eastwoodsdustman

We’ll be fine as long as we get a decent ref. Hopefully as it’s on telly the league will appoint someone better than the usual shit we have week in week out.

CCFC54321

Cheeky cocky bastards over there eh? Already planning there weekend out there with the kids and the sight seeing tours.

Mucca Mad Boys

This aggregate scores over the season count for nothing, and we're missing a key factor here: Jodi Jones, he was involved in every goal we scored v Exeter, Lincoln and Notts County:

2-0 win v Exeter, forced OG and assist for winner, without him, we lose 1-0, albeit an even game with only a GK mistake separating the teams
2-1 win v Lincoln, scored, had 2 chances which Nazon scored, we lost 4-2 without him
3-0 v Notts, hattrick hero, without him we lost 2-1

To win this tie v Notts County, we need big performers like McNulty and Bayliss to step up in particular. There isn't a lot separating these teams at all.

Last edited:

skybluegod

Don't think either team has the right to be totally confident, both have had some shocking results this year.
Personally, think we will win 1-0 at home and lose 2-1 away and go through on away goals. But I am just looking forwards to it tbh.

Otis

Don't think either team has the right to be totally confident, both have had some shocking results this year.
Personally, think we will win 1-0 at home and lose 2-1 away and go through on away goals. But I am just looking forwards to it tbh.
Yeah, it's a great plan.

Well, it would be if away goals counted.

ccfcme

No away goals apparently

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think away goals count. Isn’t it extra time and the pens. Advantage of playing at home in the second leg.

clint van damme

away goals don't count mate.

EDIT: Sorry, just seen Otis's post.

AlansEyes

Does anyone know if away goals count? And also if Gray has gone yet?

Back on topic, I wish I could approach this game with anything other than pessimism - I've just burnt by all of the times that we have wilted when it's really mattered. Still, get through this one and we'll be fine as we're pretty handy at Wembley (which completely contradicts the point I have literally just made).

Mcbean

Well playing NC has benefits over meeting the organised thugs at Lincoln and the egg chasing stature of the Exeter team for me - Wembley is a different matter get there and its 50/50

Users who are viewing this thread