Things that most Supermarkets no longer stock (1 Viewer)

pitts head

I love a bit of French Mustard, not Dijon or any fancy stuff, but the brown stuff.
Love it on my steak and in a Diane sauce.
But it's increasingly harder to find.
I have looked in Morrisons Tesco Asda Sainsburys none there.
Was in Waitrose in Kenilworth today and voila it was there so I stocked up on it.
So I will have to drive to Kenilworth every time I need some.
Also, not that I ever bought it, but Colmans used to do a German Mustard, you don't see that anymore.
Is there anything that you find hard to get hold of that used to be prominent?

fernandopartridge

I love a bit of French Mustard, not Dijon or any fancy stuff, but the brown stuff.
Was in Waitrose in Kenilworth today and voila it was there so I stocked up on it.
Also, not that I ever bought it, but Colmans used to do a German Mustard, you don't see that anymore.
From time to time the German supermarkets get the sweeter German style mustard in

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

cowboy1850

Tesco used to have a bigger range of burger relish. There used to be delicious tomato one but it disappeared about 5 years ago.

Kneeza

We ran out of Colman's in the moho last week, so bought this in France (Alsace). Yeah, I know, it's German style, but pretty decent.
Oddly the company address is on Mahatma-Ghandi Strasse, Darmstadt. Is that the German equivalent of Del-boy's Nelson Mandela House? 20230922_204313.jpg

dutchman

Blue Band margerine, the second-biggest seller at one time and especially popular with people of Germanic descent like me.

Colt 45 or any American-style malt liquor for that matter.

I once asked a girl on the deli-counter if she had any pork scratchings and she looked at me as if I'd made an indecent proposal.

stay_up_skyblues

Tenuously linked. I’ve sworn blind recently that there used to be a cheese and onion popcorn sold late 90s/very early 00s but my wife and friends think I’m talking out my arse. It was in a blue packet and sold alongside crisps. Does anyone else remember this?

Grendel

Tenuously linked. I’ve sworn blind recently that there used to be a cheese and onion popcorn sold late 90s/very early 00s but my wife and friends think I’m talking out my arse. It was in a blue packet and sold alongside crisps. Does anyone else remember this?

Walkers sun dog popcorn

stay_up_skyblues

Walkers sun dog popcorn

Denzel Washington Movie GIF

ProfessorbyGrace

Tab Clear, around 1992 or 1993. Saying that, I think it was only ever a seasonal novelty, as I never saw it again.

I drank that stuff like a thirsty cave-kid.

Covkid1968#

Watneys party 7 …. You knew the party was on when you arrived with one of those under your arm and made your way to the kitchen where all the men gathered

Sbarcher

Watneys party 7 …. You knew the party was on when you arrived with one of those under your arm and made your way to the kitchen where all the men gathered
And then woke up next morning to empty the dregs!

Users who are viewing this thread