This forum (1 Viewer)

moleyskyblue

Just like to say that i have never really been into forums in the past,but since all this ricoh debacle i have realised how important they are, and viewing opinions and knowing how pissed off other fans are as much as i am does help in a strange way .If i had to rely on the telegraph it would be nightmare.
Good to see that there are people out there that are prepared to take up their time to organise forums like this.

RegTheDonk

Yes, well done to Nick for running a good ship. There are other forums around, some are better in some ways, but SBTalk is by far the most popular and has the most sensible debates and opinions.

Delboycov

Yes, well done to Nick for running a good ship. There are other forums around, some are better in some ways, but SBTalk is by far the most popular and has the most sensible debates and opinions.

I wouldn't agree with you about other forums. I think some used to be better but got taken over by a few smug posters looking down on those who happened to think that SISU were not the greatest thing since sliced bread despite the overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise and from what I've seen they're still doing it even now.

covmark

Never really been on any other forums, used to go on 606, but you get far fewer wums on here than you used to get on there

Covstu

I used to post of CET website but switched to this when it closed down, Nick does a top job! :wave::wave:

ricohman

Totally agree, never used forums before but i joined here after we sacked thorn because i wanted inside info on who the next manager would be.

Ive found sbt a great source, as im from ireland and cov arnt covered in the press

lordsummerisle

I wouldn't agree with you about other forums. I think some used to be better but got taken over by a few smug posters looking down on those who happened to think that SISU were not the greatest thing since sliced bread despite the overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise and from what I've seen they're still doing it even now.

Didn't they leave all the other forums to reinvent themselves as Anti-Sisu protestors over here?

oakey

Yes, saying not a word of criticism of SISU [except that old chestnut, "of course SISU have made mistakes" :facepalm:] but constantly criticising ACL/CCC/Higgs/SBTrust is being "balanced" on other forums! :thinking about:
This forum has no in-crowd or picked on individuals and is all the better for it. :D

RegTheDonk

Hi Del, SBT is by far the best for sensible debate, and its got the seal of disapproval from Stuart Linell so thats brilliant :p

Personally, I come here for the above, but also enjoy TWT on fansonline.net - its not very busy but the crack with the Leicester mob is great, you know its all just a laugh and nobody gets upset, hence "some are better in some ways" On here, some wum's sometimes get personal which isn't fun to read.

Delboycov

Didn't they leave all the other forums to reinvent themselves as Anti-Sisu protestors over here?

I think some definitely did Lord...although I can honestly say I was with you from the start with my suspicions about SISU. I recall being shouted down by someone on a once great forum for saying SISU were a hedge fund!

Delboycov

Hi Del, SBT is by far the best for sensible debate, and its got the seal of disapproval from Stuart Linell so thats brilliant :p

Personally, I come here for the above, but also enjoy TWT on fansonline.net - its not very busy but the crack with the Leicester mob is great, you know its all just a laugh and nobody gets upset, hence "some are better in some ways" On here, some wum's sometimes get personal which isn't fun to read.

I think when GMK was with Rivals the banter with other fans was absolute quality. I think it's a shame that no major board seems to have that these days.

lordsummerisle

I think some definitely did Lord...although I can honestly say I was with you from the start with my suspicions about SISU. I recall being shouted down by someone on a once great forum for saying SISU were a hedge fund!

Weren't we all, that was Ginetta, wouldn't think it now though eh?

Delboycov

Weren't we all, that was Ginetta, wouldn't think it now though eh?

It was I believe and isn't ironic that the posters that were most vocal in their suspicions of SISU's motives for taking us over like yourself and TA are the one's now labelled SISU rent boys?!

lordsummerisle

It was I believe and isn't ironic that the posters that were most vocal in their suspicions of SISU's motives for taking us over like yourself and TA are the one's now labelled SISU rent boys?!

I know, strange how time can play tricks with people's minds!

_brian_

Just like to say that i have never really been into forums in the past,but since all this ricoh debacle i have realised how important they are, and viewing opinions and knowing how pissed off other fans are as much as i am does help in a strange way .If i had to rely on the telegraph it would be nightmare.
Good to see that there are people out there that are prepared to take up their time to organise forums like this.

Axxx* licker! LOL! Only joking, mate!!!

*I was going to put 'Arse' here, but realised that there may be kids reading this!

Users who are viewing this thread