This is not nostalgia but… (1 Viewer)

ms639

I honestly think if Jodi Jones continues the way he has this season for Notts we should be taking a serious serious look at bringing him back in the summer.

We were absolutely right to offload him, coming back from his injuries he was below the level but his numbers this year are insane.

Plenty of players shine in L2 and make successful jumps to the champ. We need cover on the wings and he can play on either.

I am usually the first to absolutely rain down when fans suggest bringing a former player back, but I genuinely think this is different and I think he’ll feel he has unfinished business too.

More of this filth from last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I honestly think if Jodi Jones continues the way he has this season for Notts we should be taking a serious serious look at bringing him back in the summer.

We were absolutely right to offload him, coming back from his injuries he was below the level but his numbers this year are insane.

Plenty of players shine in L2 and make successful jumps to the champ. We need cover on the wings and he can play on either.

I am usually the first to absolutely rain down when players suggest bringing a former player back, but I genuinely think this is different and I think he’ll feel he has unfinished business too.

And who does he play instead of?

Wright
Sakamoto
Palmer
Mason-Clark
Possibly O’Hare

that’s a long way down in the pecking order

ms639

And who does he play instead of?

Wright
Sakamoto
Palmer
Mason-Clark
Possibly O’Hare

that’s a long way down in the pecking order

O’hare is leaving if we don’t get promoted, palmer is a CAM

I’d suggest he could come on for / back up on either wing.

ms639

I doubt he would start for a top league one side , don’t let sentiment cloud your judgment

I guess we’ll see in the summer. As I’ve said in the OP this isn’t sentiment at all, I wasn’t a huge fanboy of his when he was here tbh.

pusbccfc

He'd have had more of a chance, no doubt about it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Which would make him at best 4th choice. Palmer can play out wide if needed, and would be better than Jones.

if he was on a free - 5th choice winger would he fine. Weve got bigger fish to fry. Being good in League two doesn’t necessarily translate to top 6 championship player.

remember Oxford and Reading both passed up on him

skyblu3sk

Always liked Jones but would be on the bench at best now. I'm really glad. He is starting to show off the talent it was so obvious he had though!

pusbccfc

He wouldn’t , look at Peterboroughs options for example

He's got 20 assists and 5 goals in 28 games. When you look at the fact we carried players from League 2 to the Championship, it's likely he'd have no real problem in League 1.

Yorkshire SB

But he’s not though

That doesn’t prove your point. He was a write off 12 months ago, given his injuries and lack of game time.

He’s got 20 assists already and he’s been improving as the season has gone on, of course championship clubs will be having a look.

No chance he’s in league two next season that’s for sure.

ptr

I’ve watched him closely this year and some of the full backs he comes up against are absolutely shite. We are levels above.

That being said, he should at least be playing a league higher and with his assist record he will be attracting a lot of attention.

Martin180

That doesn’t prove your point. He was a write off 12 months ago, given his injuries and lack of game time.

He’s got 20 assists already and he’s been improving as the season has gone on, of course championship clubs will be having a look.

He’s not championship standard

HadjiChippo

Notts have definitely benefited from taking a chance on a player coming off a terrible injury. Doesn’t always work out like that but fair play, hope they get promoted.

Think the championship is probably too physical for him though, look at the treatment Saka gets. Some crafty bastard full backs in our league would have him on the treatment table more than the pitch.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd love it if he were still here and we could have a look at him. He'd be great in this formation and be giving us a real option to rest the likes of Saka.

But he's not. Would I buy him back? No - I think we need to be looking above him now I'm afraid. On a free? MAybe consider it, but again i'd be looking for better quality signings even if they cost a decent fee first.

Reactions: AOM

hinckley cov

I don’t think palmer could do the job o’hare does, let’s hope if Callum goes we have a ready made replacement coming in next summer

Astute

Can you imagine someone like Palmer playing in League 2? He might have 20 goals by now. Can you remember how bad our side was in League 2 yet we got promoted?

It isn't numbers that we need. It's quality. If we were struggling near the bottom he might be worth a gamble.

How about McFadz? Very good defender at this level. But we're past his level. But he has gone to Blackburn....who were better than us just a couple of seasons ago.....and they're raving about how good he is.

Yorkshire SB

Can you imagine someone like Palmer playing in League 2? He might have 20 goals by now. Can you remember how bad our side was in League 2 yet we got promoted?

It isn't numbers that we need. It's quality. If we were struggling near the bottom he might be worth a gamble.

How about McFadz? Very good defender at this level. But we're past his level. But he has gone to Blackburn....who were better than us just a couple of seasons ago.....and they're raving about how good he is.
I’m not making the case for us signing him, I’m just making the point that he’s clearly a stand out player at that level and will go onto bigger things, in response to another poster dismissing him.

better days

Jones is doing well after being badly treated by Robinson at Oxford
Notts fans love him and Jones seems to be at home there - he recently praised both Cov and Notts as places he feels appreciated
I suspect Jones will be offered a new deal there shortly
Notts seem to he be on an upward curve after years of poor ownership
A bit like us a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread