this Says it all for me. (3 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

We can all stand on the hill outside the Ricoh shouting scabs at people going in?*

*This was a joke.

Still think there's room for a fundraising calendar.

BHSB and LAST standing starkers on various hills and outside council offices blowing whistles, photos taken in an arty black and white:eek:

tomreagna

Obviously wasp's ownership of the Ricoh is bad for City.

But just to play devil's advocate; in sisu's position, would you buy a 32k stadium when you can only rely on 8000 people turning up week in week out?

Still not sure what their long term exit strategy is though?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

We can all stand on the hill outside the Ricoh shouting scabs at people going in?*

*This was a joke.

The old Rowleys is a bit hilly but as LAST said on another thread our protesting days are over so the batons passed to you Nick:pand you can only use the word scab to someone wearing a Wasps shirt with made in Coventry on it and the person saying I'm glad we're here innit.

Nick

Administrator
The old Rowleys is a bit hilly but as LAST said on another thread our protesting days are over so the batons passed to you Nick:pand you can only use the word scab to someone wearing a Wasps shirt with made in Coventry on it and the person saying I'm glad we're here innit.

I can see the CET Feature now, just photoshop this one :)
16e_10239_16621629.jpeg

Attachments

• 16e_10239_16621629.jpg
    16e_10239_16621629.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 5

skybluefred

Putting morality aside it's the logistics, isn't it? They have 2500 ST holders and gates of around 6000. How many do you think will travel up the extra 80 odd miles in December?

Not everyone is as pleased as you are.

Do not forget that Wasp's are offering Free coach transport to the Ricoh.

Tonylinc

Do not forget that Wasp's are offering Free coach transport to the Ricoh.
Even with that offer I really can't see many fans making the trip. As a result I am confused as to why they have made this move.....could it be that they intend to also buy CCFC?

skybluefred

Even with that offer I really can't see many fans making the trip. As a result I am confused as to why they have made this move.....could it be that they intend to also buy CCFC?

That could be a possibility. With each team having the revenue from their games it might mean we could actually Buy a player.:(

Otis

Well as it's going to be built with bamboo and fig leaves anyway, they thought it would blend in, in the Cayman Isles.

I just pray to God they don't go off and actually build a new stadium. I am convinced we would be a laughing stock and I think it would be the most embarrassing, cheapo, tinpot, corrugated cardboard effort possible. I truly believe that. Plus it would be touted as being built within 3 years and we all know it would probably by 6 or 7 or more.

While this is all going on we would just sink further and further into life down amongst the dead men.

The Ricoh is the only way, so we now need to go out there and get the best possible deal ever to help us progress.

wingy

Tony ,I think they're going to clean up from a Corporate /Sponsorship/Landrover Driving catchment of Rugby Warwick Leamington Solihull Greater Brum Stratford etc.

Covcraig@bury

CCFC has always and still need to own there own stadium for us to go forward and be successful . We are now totally fucked !! Thank you CCC you utter bunch of tossers. And what about cov rugby club? Or have you totally forgotten what teams represent your City.

Rusty Trombone

CCFC has always and still need to own there own stadium for us to go forward and be successful . We are now totally fucked !! Thank you CCC you utter bunch of tossers. And what about cov rugby club? Or have you totally forgotten what teams represent your City.

Much better to rent a stadium than trying to fund a new one. We can't afford a new one, we can afford to rent. Cov RFC don't seem terribly bothered.

The Reverend Skyblue

I have to say, as it stands this is me done, and I'll be offski again. Even CCFC buying half the arena wouldn't be enough for me, I don't want to be part of a co-owned finance driven sporting conglomerate. It's been shit really for ages. First we get bought by a slightly dubious financial organisation, then we sign a distinctly dubious centre forward for money rather than ethical reasons... then soime of the fucking fans of the same team spend their time being moronic and categorising people into SISU loving pigeon-holes... and now it seems the social element of society is just as ruthless and money-grabbing as the rest.

Well... not for me. Sure it is for some and that's fine... but not for me.

Unlike the likes of Italia however, if I decide to bog off I'll just go, rather than repeating it over and over again, so take this as a one-off ;)

NW,my thoughts exactly. I am sick of the drive from Norwich to Cov only to be dealt a lethargic and unambiguous product.
how the fuck SISU will try and now get on the majority of the fans side now they have to build a bloody tin pot stadium.

The club is now dying a painful and slow death.

You can tell by Fishers comments today about the model not working in the Championship that they have zero ambition regarding getting promoted in the next five years.

you wait the charm offensive will now start with the fans,they are royally fucked if they can't do this as the new stadium will be empty ,though the thought of Fisher not being a patronising c-unit whilst he tries to do this is unimaginable,he is such a clueless rich boy who because of his parents managed to get some sort of education enough to get him where he is today,he could'nt have done it without mummy and daddy.

I said 18 months ago that they should now plan to build the new stadium as a 10,000 max capacity,that's all they are likely to get, and no club will ever advance much with that.
sisu have now lost thousands of regular fans,they will never forgive them for their part in this,so I feel the club is all but dead apart from the odd few thousand.

i can't face doing that fucking awful drive a five hour round drive to be dished up the non attacking,negative ,pass the ball back fourty yards just so we keep control of the ball,type of football I have seen this season.

All my mates from the seventies to the nineties through to,the mid noughties now do something else weekends and are absolutely avid they would never give up what they are doing to going back to watching the Cov,I will almost certainly be joining them.

It's just not fun anymore,the product being dished up just is'nt worth me giving up my Saturdays anymore and I will go back to watching non league as I did when we played at 6fields, now that was fun

Last edited:

Otis

NW,my thoughts exactly. I am sick of the drive from Norwich to Cov only to be dealt a lethargic and unambiguous product.
how the fuck SISU will try and now get on the majority of the fans side now they have to build a bloody tin pot stadium.

The club is now dying a painful and slow death.

You can tell by Fishers comments today about the model not working in the Championship that they have zero ambition regarding getting promoted in the next five years.

you wait the charm offensive will now start with the fans,they are royally fucked if they can't do this as the new stadium will be empty ,though the thought of Fisher not being a patronising c-unit whilst he tries to do this is unimaginable,he is such a clueless rich boy who because of his parents managed to get some sort of education enough to get him where he is today,he could'nt have done it without mummy and daddy.

I said 18 months ago that they should now plan to build the new stadium as a 10,000 max capacity,that's all they are likely to get, and no club will ever advance much with that.
sisu have now lost thousands of regular fans,they will never forgive them for their part in this,so I feel the club is all but dead apart from the odd few thousand.

i can't face doing that fucking awful drive a five hour round drive to be dished up the non attacking,negative ,pass he ball. Ack fourth yards just so we keep control of the ball,type of football I have seen this season.

all my mates from the seventies to the nineties through to,the mid noughties now do something else weekends and are absolutely avid they would never give up what they are doing to going back to watching the Cov,I will almost certainly be joining them.

its not fun anymore,the product being dished up just is'nt worth me giving up my Saturdays anymore and I will go back to watching non league as I did when we played at 6fields,now that was fun

Last night, in the 2nd half, with all the kids on, it was very encouraging. Good crisp passing football, trying to go forwards, rather than sideways and back and some excellent prospects from that academy bunch that look like they could easily be first team regulars in the years to come.

Was very encouraging. Lots of skill and trickery and invention.

tomreagna

Think we have to face the fact that we don't have the support for a top level club.

Admittedly the product is poor at the moment; but it's chicken and egg. If no-one wants your product; do you spend a fortune revamping, or do you rely on the base that you have?

The Council have always been self serving, but that's just democracy.

I for one would like to be the first to hail our new wasp overlords.

dongonzalos

“The revenue from these facilities, combined with Wasps existing revenues, will result in Wasps immediately becoming the highest turnover rugby club in the Aviva Premiership.”

THIS IS WHY-CCFC had to own their own stadium.

No playing Second bastard fiddle to egg chasers in our own backyard!

Too late for all of the anti-SISU brigade to realise what actual was going on all the time!

Thought you were going to ask why the bloody hell did our owners did not work this out, like wasps managed to....

Last edited:
The sisu-out-campaign?
The NOPM campaign?
All the ACL lovers?
All the CCC lovers?

No?

Hoffman?
Elliott?

No?

I give up then.

The reason the RICOH is now not owned by CCFC is the owners of the club SISU, a greedy hedge fund. It is run by a women who holds a grudge and fronted by a clown (Fisher)

rondog1973

Yes, but the council is not elected to run a business, maximizing profit etc. They are elected to run a city and do what is best for the community.
Selling ACL to an out-of-town sports club looking to franchise at the cost of the already-in-town similar sports club and at the cost of the football club the stadium was purposely build for is not really doing what is best for the community. Is it?

They didn't have to break any NDA to approach the club, they could simply say 'We have decide to sell all of ACL on conditions so-and-so.
I'm sorry, but if CCC didn't sell to Wasps, stating that CCFC were the only considered purchaser, it would be the green light for Sisu to continue with their tactics of distress and conquer, safe in the knowledge they were the only show in town.

If you want something, you pay for it. Otherwise the vendor ain't gonna put up with you proverbially tyre kicking whilst there are better offers to consider.

fernandopartridge

The council have performed impeccably representing the interests of average rate payer. They have a responsibility to provide services not prop up ailing Football Clubs.
How on earth anyone (other than those brought up on hand outs) can think otherwise is beyond comprehension.
SISU hoped to milk this warped thinking and have ended up fucking the club over.
They are the problem.
The rate payer is on hook for a £14m loan. How deluded can you be? Until the rate payer's loan is fully repaid they are in a loss making position.

Monners

The buy out of the loan did not come directly from the rate payers funds. Local Authorities raise funding from a wide variety of sources, and employ funding managers in regeneration teams to do so. This includes Central Govt, Govt Departmental (DCLG, DECC etc,,) EU and private sector funding, and even lottery funding. For example, significant funds were secured for the Ricoh build from the now defunct Regional Develpoment Agency (RDA), who sourced it from the EU I believe - this EU funding stream now comes via Local Enterprise Partnerhsips (LEPs) which target economic growth (regeneration being part of this). These LEP's are made up of both private and public sector organisations, including Local Authorities. Match funding needs to be secured before any LEP (RDA in the last Govt) funding is committed to any project.

In other words - it's complicated, but will not come directly from Council Tax funding (if that was the suggestion), which is targeted at specific services which LA's must provide.

SkyBlueSwiss

for at least 5 years since 2007 SISU sat unchallenged in pole position to do a deal on ownership........... they ......no one else ......... chose a path of confrontation, legal absurdity, rejected any notion of partnership and put the needs of SISU way before the needs of CCFC & fans

Yes it could all have been CCFC's, indeed that was the intention from 2003 onwards, unfortunately successive boards and owners at CCFC had no real notion of partnership and building let alone a sense of community or empathy with fans. Yes other parties played their part, sometimes ego's personalities and pig headed stubbornness played their part.

But the biggest reason CCFC do not and look likely not to own even part of the Ricoh is the owners and directors CCFC has had the gross misfortune to endure

Logged on for the first time in many, many months just to give this post a like.
Someone who says how it is in truth without the silly personal agendas of anti-CCC-Grenduffy or the "reasonable" people who always find a reason to support SISU and be anti everyone else while pretending they are only being "fair".
The only ones to blame are SISU and blaming anyone else at all is not being reasonable, it is being in denial and refusing to recognise the truth that has been so simply stated in the quoted post.

And now I am off - which Grenduffy and the "reasonable" people will most likely welcome with great relief as they can then go back to denying reality.

fernandopartridge

The buy out of the loan did not come directly from the rate payers funds. Local Authorities raise funding from a wide variety of sources, and employ funding managers in regeneration teams to do so. This includes Central Govt, Govt Departmental (DCLG, DECC etc,,) EU and private sector funding, and even lottery funding. For example, significant funds were secured for the Ricoh build from the now defunct Regional Develpoment Agency (RDA), who sourced it from the EU I believe - this EU funding stream now comes via Local Enterprise Partnerhsips (LEPs) which target economic growth (regeneration being part of this). These LEP's are made up of both private and public sector organisations, including Local Authorities. Match funding needs to be secured before any LEP (RDA in the last Govt) funding is committed to any project.

In other words - it's complicated, but will not come directly from Council Tax funding (if that was the suggestion), which is targeted at specific services which LA's must provide.
The local authority have borrowed money. They are not a revenue generating organisation. If they have to repay the loan themselves it will come from funds intended to provide services to the public.

Monners

The local authority have borrowed money. They are not a revenue generating organisation. If they have to repay the loan themselves it will come from funds intended to provide services to the public.

Local Authorities raise funds from a variety of souces as I outlined in my post, and this does include borrowing. They do not in my experience use council tax or funds from other sources for services to do as you are suggesting, This is very closely audited and they simply cannot do this. They will use other available funds in thier budget to match external funding for projects.

For example, using Sectoin 106 payments from development to fund other regneration projects with other partners, matching to access EU funds, Setting up PFI's.

A local example to where I live is the Central Govt loan for the Sixfields extension as part of the Enterprise Zone which is sponsered by a Local Enterprise Partnerhsiip. It is the duty of Northampton Borough Council to seek private sector match fund to increase inward investment. But the loan is still a loan and has to be repaid by NBC. What it does do is to bump start regeneration - a key role for any LA. So they are perfectly entitled, and in fact obliged, to raise funds to support the local economy.

I have never worked for an LA, but i have worked with them for many years on regneration and community projects with other partners ( and no I am not a consultant), and this is it how it works whether you like it or not. It is indeed, very complex.

fernandopartridge

Local Authorities raise funds from a variety of souces as I outlined in my post, and this does include borrowing. They do not in my experience use council tax or funds from other sources for services to do as you are suggesting, This is very closely audited and they simply cannot do this. They will use other available funds in thier budget to match external funding for projects.

For example, using Sectoin 106 payments from development to fund other regneration projects with other partners, matching to access EU funds, Setting up PFI's.

A local example to where I live is the Central Govt loan for the Sixfields extension as part of the Enterprise Zone which is sponsered by a Local Enterprise Partnerhsiip. It is the duty of Northampton Borough Council to seek private sector match fund to increase inward investment. But the loan is still a loan and has to be repaid by NBC. What it does do is to bump start regeneration - a key role for any LA. So they are perfectly entitled, and in fact obliged, to raise funds to support the local economy.

I have never worked for an LA, but i have worked with them for many years on regneration and community projects with other partners ( and no I am not a consultant), and this is it how it works whether you like it or not. It is indeed, very complex.
I know all about European money mate having dealt with it for the last 7 years. Do councils get grants to repay loans with?

Monners

PS section 106 agreements are supposed to provide benefit to the local taxpayer as a compensation for development.

I know re 106 thanks - and they can be used as match for other funding, as long as it does indeed benefit the tax payer.

Which EU funds are you famliar as there are plenty to keep us all busy! The one's that I have been close to have very tight processes even before you get the funding, State Aid being one part of this. The NGO I used to work for has accessed on behalf of LA's for projects, as they are not entitled to apply for - happens all the time in the sector I work in.

LA's will use available funds where they are to entitled to use to pay loans with. Like I have said, I have never worked for an LA, just on projects with them, including bringing in grant funds to support projects - and it is not a case of merely hading over the money.

I suspect that you don't or have ever worked for an LA either.

Anyway, not looking for a row, just trying to point out the complexities as I see them - Mate.

Rusty Trombone

ACL are repaying the loan, and the interest charged to ACL is more than the inerest the Council are being charged. The Council are making money on the deal.

The loan will be secured, likely to be secured on the lease, if they don't repay they will forfeit the lease, the lease will then be sold and the funds will be more than the loan. Sleep well.

Users who are viewing this thread