This WMCA / Reeves Stuff / Plot to oust Lucas (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Yes it is different here. Most of the remaining workers rights in the UK come from the EU as they have been removed by our own governments.

When the working time directive came in, which is what you are referring to, the UK negotiated an exemption so that people could 'work the hours they want' which of course translates into be forced to work more than 48 hours.

You have to sign an exemption form, though most employers don't even bother with them as it isn't regulated, especially for people on salaried pay rather than hourly rates.

chiefdave

Probably includes a Wasps corporate treat for their loyal servitude.

CT said:
Coventry City Council’s chief executive Martin Reeves was treated to Rugby World Cup tickets by Jaguar Land Rover just two days before the council approved a planning application from the firm.

The sequence of events has been described as a ‘technical breach’ of the council’s code of conduct which expressly forbids employees from accepting hospitality from anyone “seeking any form of consent” from the local authority.

Questions about the judgment of accepting the £150 tickets to the Wales v Australia game at Twickenham on October 10 were raised during a council ethics committee hearing on Thursday.

The luxury car manufacturer was granted permission to expand car parking facilities at its Whitley headquarters two days after the game.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would be worried about him wasting his time going to see that load of old shit or was it his time or is it part of the mythical 18 hours per day:jerkit:

Nick

Administrator
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-council-boss-defends-move-11244659

Reeves "Hits Back"

It’s not a formal appointment, there’s never been a formal appointment. It’s completely normal procedure to have a go to person while I’m away. I have always said I would be spending more time in Birmingham working on the combined authority.

Maybe you misinformed Lucas then, again?

Coun leader Ann Lucas previously told the Telegraph she would not have allowed Mr Reeves to do both jobs if she believed he could not dedicate appropriate time to Coventry.

Her words:

Of course he is going to be able to do both roles. Do you think I would have allowed him to be considered if I thought he couldn’t?

Appropriate Time is different to being able to do both jobs isn't it?

Obviously he can't if:

I have always said I would be spending more time in Birmingham working on the combined authority.

chiefdave

Why do they talk like everyone is an idiot.

There was thing with the freebies from JLR that they claimed was a technical breach. There's no such thing its a breach or it isn't.

Now they're saying that the days he isn't doing his job for CCC the person with is acting chief exec is not a formal appointment but normal procedure.

stupot07

There was thing with the freebies from JLR that they claimed was a technical breach. There's no such thing its a breach or it isn't.

Now they're saying that the days he isn't doing his job for CCC the person with is acting chief exec is not a formal appointment but normal procedure.
I would think Yardley will be getting paid for the additional responsibility....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

Exactly, if they need somebody to cover for him then he can't do both jobs can he?

The wording is clever though. It went from "going to be able to do both roles" to "dedicate appropriate time to Coventry".

Sick Boy

I'm not sure how they actually get away with it?!! After the sheep believed them about the London franchise, they probably assume they can get away with anything.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure how they actually get away with it?!! After the sheep believed them about the London franchise, they probably assume they can get away with anything.

the thing is, the whole shadiness about Wasps is just 1 thing they have done it with. They have been shady about other things as well that have come out (like this). Imagine the things that actually haven't come out as well?

2 ethics committee hearings where they have basically just brushed it under the carpet and ignored it.

Nick

Administrator
Good comment on the CET site!

If Reeves doesn't need to be in Coventry full time to carry out his council role then his salary should be cut accordingly on a permanent basis.

Similarly if Yardley has the capacity to do Reeves job as well as his own it would appear he does not need to work full time

Terry Gibson's perm

As this works down the food chain somebody at the bottom will be getting a big extra pile of work to deal with it's just a load of bollocks.

chiefdave

It's the inquest into the death of the council deputy leader Phil Townshend today. Some unbelievable stuff coming out.

Consultant says Townshend died from collapse in shower with heart disease, & cocktail of painkillers and antidepressants contributed.

Council leader Ann Lucas now called to give evidence at Inquest into death of late deputy Phil Townshend. denies on oath seeing or moving medicine boxes from Late deputy Phil Townshend's house when dead. Admits she tampered with the scene by cleaning and a mat was removed before the police arrived.

Police tell inquest Townshend left 'last will' note & all financial material "oddly" neat together.

Daughter of late dep council leader, Kirstie Logan, claims he was very stressed & that would have contributed to death. Says council leader Ann Lucas told her painkillers were binned at scene of death.

Lucas was at Townshend's home scene of death before police arrived. She denies moving pills but admits 'cleaning'.

Users who are viewing this thread