This woman hasn’t got a clue what’s going on…She even admits this. (1 Viewer)

Otis

Haven't the BBC said that the presenter in question is not due to appear on any show in the immediate future?

Jeremy Vine has a radio show on the BBC tomorrow.

SBT

More significantly, the police now say that there’s no indication of any crimes being committed - that’s after speaking to everyone involved.

I look forward to The Sun frantically reporting on themselves about “THE SUN IN CRISIS” after they sparked a five day news cycle off the back of a story which seems to have been fundamentally incorrect.

Finham

Having made no attempt to find out who it was, just over half-an-hour ago I said to my partner "it seems increasingly obvious that it's Huw Edwards simply from him not having been on telly." 10 seconds later she got a message from her mum saying it was him!

Otis

Having made no attempt to find out who it was, just over half-an-hour ago I said to my partner "it seems increasingly obvious that it's Huw Edwards simply from him not having been on telly." 10 seconds later she got a message from her mum saying it was him!
Victoria Derbyshire slipped up a few days ago on Newsnight, in saying "we don't know Huw.... who it is (quickly correcting herself)

Finham

Victoria Derbyshire slipped up a few days ago on Newsnight, in saying "we don't know Huw.... who it is (quickly correcting herself)
Yeah my partner showed me that, reckons Victoria did it on purpose!

skybluetony176

Looks like the police are taking no action and he’s currently in hospital receiving treatment for his mental health, apparently he has a history of depression.

shmmeee

So what’s actually alleged here? I’ve seen all sorts on Twitter.

- Bought some photos for £35k, from 17 yo? Or 18 yo?
- Got angry when someone threatened to out him
- Met up with person (underage?) during lockdown
- Send “creepy” kisses to someone he met on Grindr

Is that everything?

skybluetony176

So what’s actually alleged here? I’ve seen all sorts on Twitter.

- Bought some photos for £35k, from 17 yo? Or 18 yo?
- Got angry when someone threatened to out him
- Met up with person (underage?) during lockdown
- Send “creepy” kisses to someone he met on Grindr

Is that everything?
He’s clearly a creep and if a 60 year old man was behaving like he allegedly has around one of my teenage daughters I’d be baying for blood. He does seem to have been clever about it though and not actually broke any laws other than lockdown laws as both girls were over the age of consent. The police aren’t pursuing any action from the reports I’ve read.

Flying Fokker

So, being in the public spotlight has its downsides.

I hope the bloke gets his head sorted. I wonder if he was being blackmailed at any point? The ‘victim’ of the original complaint clearly needs help of course. The parents must be desperate as well.

And then the others that have bobbed up?

It’s a mess.

As for Katie Hopkins, stupid woman.

skybluetony176

A couple points on the Suns part in this.

Firstly how can a paper that routinely put topless teenagers on page 3 claim some moral high ground. For context Sam Fox was 16 when she first appeared topless on page 3 with her bio bragging how she’d dropped out of school to pursue a career as a page 3 model.

Secondly they more than insinuated that the law had been broken, by the look of it that was baseless.

SBT

The fact that the police say no crimes have been committed suggest that no pictures of anyone under 18 were exchanged. The suggestion that a 17 year old was involved was what sparked the whole crisis, but (incredibly) The Sun has totally walked that back.

The lockdown breach has also been alleged by The Sun, but nowhere else - unclear if the police also looked into that when they determined no crimes had been committed.

There have since been claims about his behaviour on dating apps, and in texts to BBC colleagues, and they may well be enough to see him disciplined further but who knows.

Clearly he’s not going to win any Husband of the Year awards, and I reserve the right to change my mind if more nasty stuff comes out, but at the moment I feel quite sorry for him tbh.

shmmeee

The fact that the police say no crimes have been committed suggest that no pictures of anyone under 18 were exchanged. The suggestion that a 17 year old was involved was what sparked the whole crisis, but (incredibly) The Sun has totally walked that back.

The lockdown breach has also been alleged by The Sun, but nowhere else - unclear if the police also looked into that when they determined no crimes had been committed.

There have since been claims about his behaviour on dating apps, and in texts to BBC colleagues, and they may well be enough to see him disciplined further but who knows.

Clearly he’s not going to win any Husband of the Year awards, and I reserve the right to change my mind if more nasty stuff comes out, but at the moment I feel quite sorry for him tbh.

Do we know his wife didn’t know about it?

shmmeee

Seems most of the original story is the lads parents don’t like him having an only fans. The stuff about sending messages to coworkers I didn’t know about, depends what comes out there I guess. I’m not too bothered by what consenting adults get up to TBH.

skybluetony176

The Sun starting to backtrack saying it didn’t mean to give the impression that any laws were broken. Lawsuit O’clock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread