Thomas Chance (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
B7LuT_2IgAALiCh.jpg

Foot through that son! Not sure a diving header works when the ball is on the floor.

torchomatic

Thought you were talking about a new signing there.

Godiva

The two best chances went to Thomas - One he ballooned out of the county and one he tried to head down to China.
Decision making and skills - the two most important abilities - simply not on his list of abilities.

Nick

Administrator
That first half one was a good chance, although Fleck had that chance where he should have smashed it but layed it off.

torchomatic

TO be honest that abilities list has always been woefully short.

The two best chances went to Thomas - One he ballooned out of the county and one he tried to head down to China.
Decision making and skills - the two most important abilities - simply not on his list of abilities.

craigus12

their third goal was quite comical. their CM just ran through our midfield like they weren't there. perhaps they weren't.

Godiva

TO be honest that abilities list has always been woefully short.

I was impressed with their Chelsea youngster. Imagine they had Thomas and we had Swift, that game would have been so much different.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

He's a limited player - getting forward has never been his strength. Mind goes back to the Gillingham game on Sky when he had a chance to make it 2-0 and produced a rather lame sidefooter straight at the keeper. Should have smashed the first half chance, head over the ball style, and can't for the life of me understand how he missed that 2nd half chance.

Kingokings204

Does Thomas offer anything. I consider myself his biggest critic simply because he is crap.

To quote SP though "he does a lot of work that goes unnoticed but not by me"

Hahahaha hahahaha prick

Nick

Administrator
Does Thomas offer anything. I consider myself his biggest critic simply because he is crap.

To quote SP though "he does a lot of work that goes unnoticed but not by me"

Hahahaha hahahaha prick

Pressley must be noticing that work while missing the rest of the game go by.

ajsccfc

I enjoyed the part in the first half where they underhit a pass in defence and instead of getting to it and capitalising on the panic, our entire forward line allowed their rightback to skip past. I was convinced he'd go up and score.

chiefdave

I don't think Thomas works as a partner for Fleck and out of the two of them, assuming we can't replace both, I'd keep Fleck. It's been 3 or 4 seasons now where we've been waiting for Thomas to step up and show us he's a decent player, doesn't seem to be happening. Is it worth a last throw of the dice and seeing if we can loan him to a L1 or Conference side and hope he develops with them?

LB87ccfc

Thomas does the dirty side breaking up play usually quite well, no he is not a ball player or someone who will create a chance or even score one - silly twat let me down £50 last night not scoring THAT chance, however, he was extremely off the boil last night and is only in the side for getting in the way of players and his energy levels, we are desperate for a no nonsense type to sit in the middle and have the attitude of this is my midfield il run the show, and that ball is mine everytime.

Seaside-Skyblue

He regularly gets pushed off the ball. Several times he's tried to win the ball back but was out done in strength. He hardly steam rolls anyone.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Reminded me of when you were at school, or playing down the park with bags for goalposts, playing with 'rush keeper', and you get clear on goal. You run all the way to the goal line, and then crouch on the floor to put it over with your head. OK, but less time in this instance but it's the only reason I can find for the way he tried to put it in!

Chance in the first half he should atleast tested the keeper too.

As should fleck have in the second half

ccfc92

That first half one was a good chance, although Fleck had that chance where he should have smashed it but layed it off.

I remember that :facepalm: wasn't sure who it fell to though.

My genuine thoughts of last nights game was a non league team playing a professional team :(

Hobo

B7LuT_2IgAALiCh.jpg

Foot through that son! Not sure a diving header works when the ball is on the floor.

unfortunately the above picture is after he headed it Nick. A header was the right decision, but his contact was poor sending it straight into the ground any chance of it trickling over the line was thwarted by his body surf boarding over the top of the ball.

speedie87

typical that the only time he makes a run in the box he makes a fool of himself, will probably taken him another season before he try's again.

if i remember correctly he actually started that attack with a great ball out to nouble then followed up with the run into the box.

roo

Don't post very often but there is a lot of rubbish posted about Connor Thomas. I saw one miss placed pass and a ton of hard yds supporting the ball.
Its clear that the brief is to not get beyond the ball (him and Fleck).
And to me that's the problem... We're playing 6 static positions.
I know it's heresy here but last night Job was part of our problem, was laying narrow, chasing the ball instead of keeping shape, gave the ball away repeatedly... But is valorised for efforts....
I'm not for criticising effort... I applaud it, but we seem to miss the efforts of players that play for the team.

Kingokings204

Don't post very often but there is a lot of rubbish posted about Connor Thomas. I saw one miss placed pass and a ton of hard yds supporting the ball.
Its clear that the brief is to not get beyond the ball (him and Fleck).
And to me that's the problem... We're playing 6 static positions.
I know it's heresy here but last night Job was part of our problem, was laying narrow, chasing the ball instead of keeping shape, gave the ball away repeatedly... But is valorised for efforts....
I'm not for criticising effort... I applaud it, but we seem to miss the efforts of players that play for the team.

Sorry roo, completely 100% disagree with your posts. Connor Thomas is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen in a Cov shirt although Michael Doyle occasionally depenedant on my mood takes this title.

I don't think anyone has ever criticized Thomas' effort even I can see he tries but he has no football uses. He can't tackle for toffee, he doesn't score (factually correct) has no pace, can't head the ball. Can't pass forward. Why does he play? Because there is no one else and he is free and cheap wages. Simple.

So while its your opinion and it's only mine I couldn't disagree more. The reason CT is hated on here is because we all see he is crap. He tries 100% though. No one has ever doubted this.

Btw how's kanga?

Gazolba

B7LuT_2IgAALiCh.jpg

Look where our best striker is - way out left standing still.

stupot07

Look where our best striker is - way out left standing still.

That's because he's the one who's just crossed the ball......

And when you say best striker, is that on paper. He scored 3 in his first 5 games and only 1 in his last 11 and that was the JPT vs league two Plymouth. All our strikers have been abysmal this season, you have to rate them by different shades of turds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

covcity4life

That's because he's the one who's just crossed the ball......

And when you say best striker, is that on paper. He scored 3 in his first 5 games and only 1 in his last 11 and that was the JPT vs league two Plymouth. All our strikers have been abysmal this season, you have to rate them by different shades of turds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

more anti-nouble from stupot

draconian stupot.

will am i

He might be a striker by trade, but for us he's a left winger (whose crossing is pretty dire, but partly becauE he's right footed and has to cut inside on every attack)

He also stands outside the area for corners - not quite sure why but it isnt what id expect from a striker playing left wing or not. Nothink against him by the way but wouldnt you expect him to want to be in the area for corners?

Users who are viewing this thread