Those little margins (1 Viewer)

Macca

Score the penalty on Saturday and hold out for a couple of minutes today and everything is different. How many "playoff" posts would we have tonight?!

My question...why are we always on the wrong side of these margins. Seems to have been like that as long as I have followed them!

derbyskyblue

Success and failure is a fine margin, we just need a bit more quality, forwards who can score. Yes juke scored etc but he's not a hat-trick or brace player and we dont have anyone to do that, which means we are always vulnerable.

Nonleagueherewecome

If anything, the pressure kinda came because we were pressing for a third, then dropped back knackered. Naivety and youthful enthusiasm. I can't be the only person who thought "oh crap" when I saw 6 mins, and a fair few of them were wearing Sky Blue and on the pitch!

Paxman II

I still don't think the defence is right. Too likely to cave in under pressure. We did it gain! The defending from the corner was bad.
There are fine margins and we could have more points yes but we don't because of our own failings more than anything else.
Can we improve it? Yes without doubt.

wingy

We,ve conceeded a two aerally ,6 from reasonably distanced shots ,3 from parries back into the danger zone ,,4 occured late in games

skybluesam66

weve given as many points away in stoppage time as we have got
4 in last 2 games + 3 at palace

Without losing those points we are 6th!!!

In saying that, yesterday - for 70 minutes most of us would have taken a point and run - as we were outplayed for much of the match

Lord_Nampil

Conference or the loss of, when Murphy didn't get the free kick! The concentration went and the ball was in the net! I do agree add 7 points on and we are half way up the league, I have included Palace there!!!

Covstu

I would have taken the point at the start of the game given our performances this season, however it is a bitter pill to swallow conceeding so late in the day again! I remember having these conversations over the last two seasons so this is not something new, we have always invited undue pressure on our back four and try and defend leads.

I hope these points dont do us damage in the end of year run-in.

Users who are viewing this thread