Thought we offloaded Ramage for a left back? (1 Viewer)

ms639

Admittedly i don't know too much about this Jones lad although by all accounts he certainly looks like he could be the mustard, surely though with Cargill gone and ramage out on loan we are short at the back?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

A left back wasn't coming in before today sure TM said this in his press conference they can still sign one next week on loan, it appears Jones isn't planned to feature in the first team this season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A left back wasn't coming in before today sure TM said this in his press conference they can still sign one next week on loan, it appears Jones isn't planned to feature in the first team this season.

Isn't that a strange signing to be making right now though? We need to strengthen our team particularly in defence and attacking midfield/wing for our 10 cup finals coming up.

He could be a great addition, but to use him as a loan and not play him right now is a little concerning unless we are planning to bring others in.

johnwillomagic

I think Lorentzon will come in at rb, Ricketts will move across and Stevens will shift to LB.
Unless Haynes recalled Hunt our only other option so he will def be in squad but I think on the bench.

Stevens, Ricketts and Hunt in squad all play left back so we have options though obviously Stokes a big miss.
Let's not forget TM could also have recalled Haynes if he needs. We have four players who can play LB in current
squad so we do no neccesarily need another - TM prob more concerned with our lack of goals, chances created, Jones bought in to kick a few up backside this year and hopefully to become a key part of squad next season!

torchomatic

Isn't that a strange signing to be making right now though? We need to strengthen our team particularly in defence and attacking midfield/wing for our 10 cup finals coming up.

He could be a great addition, but to use him as a loan and not play him right now is a little concerning unless we are planning to bring others in.
I think the emergency loan thing was the only way we could get him now and not risk losing him to someone else. He won't be in the squad anyway so I'm sure a LB will still come in.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think the emergency loan thing was the only way we could get him now and not risk losing him to someone else. He won't be in the squad anyway so I'm sure a LB will still come in.

Fair dos. I think that would be good.

To be honest, if Jones is in the squad I wouldn't be against it. I'd like to see what he can do.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep that would be my take on the whole situation as well.

chiefdave

Think Jones is more one for the future, maybe next season if he's as good as some are saying.

Hopefully a left back will come in this week. If not Mowbray might be tempted to recall Haynes.

Users who are viewing this thread