Thousands going to Nuneaton ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

That's the message I am getting. Lads from Bell Green/Longford going on mass and it seems from other areas too. Just hope if they go they stay calm, keeping everyone on side is vital and remember a lot of Nuneaton folk support Cov.

Last edited:

sweeno70

if you do come over don't drink in the town centre as it may end in a bad way ! its full of chavs looking for a fight,try Attleborough as its near the ground and should be ok,also the Fleur de lys next to coton arches is safe.

rupert_bear

No-one will be looking for a fight but I believe your weatherspoons is one meeting point and Attleborough Arms another, I don't know where either are. Some of the lads going don't normally go to football but are as they say are on a jolly. I dare say many who say they are going won't bother

sweeno70

I live opposite the Arms,we have 2 wetherspoons,the arms aint cheap though, crows nest is the closest to the ground and a good pub with a chippy next to it !!!

rupert_bear

I really hope nothing kicks off would really spike the movement we now have, but we know what chavvies can be like and it only takes a few, hot day, full of booze, wound up about the situation, maybe locked out I have a bit of a feeling about this.

Delboycov

Strange one Nuneaton...they apparently hate us with a vengeance and yet a very large percentage of their fans support us! They are my 2nd English team, as I know a lot of city fans have them as and yet I have no connection with them other than being from Cov so never understood the 'beef' some of them have.

sweeno70

the only problems will be caused by local chavs looking for trouble,the majority of Nuneaton fans are great,im a long time city season ticket holder living in Nuneaton and have no problems,just avoid the town centre and all will be ok,plenty of pubs in Attleborough ,its nearer the ground !!!

edgy

Steer clear of the Crystal Palace & Kelly's Bar.
There probably won't be much trouble, about 20 have just been charged over a disturbance with Lincoln last season.

torchomatic

Yeah, I was going with my 7-year-old as we went last year, but giving it a miss. Particularly reading some of the things people (inlcuding r_b) have said on here.

Hmmm was going to go and take my 6 year old...now thinking its not a good idea.

yoobears

Nuneaton fan in peace.

There is a minority, and I mean a minority, of young lads that turn out only for one or two big games a year who are really just plastic Villa or Leicester fans. These are the only ones who might be out for trouble and the stewardsare usually pretty good at isolating them inside the ground if they turn up.

the majority of us have no ill feeling toward Cov and would be happy to see you there tomorrow and give you support for getting rid of Sisu. Local clubs like ours need to stick together at times like this.

Club say they are laying on a a bar behind away end for away fans too.

sweeno70

theres a beer festival on next to the ground,live music and entertainment too,it is safe to bring kids,the crows nest is close by and is a family pub,decent food too !!!

pusbccfc

There won't be trouble.

KeresleySBA

Should be the ideal oppurtunity to galvanise and let feelings be clearly known towards sisu's antics not fighting amongst fans.

Evo1883

Not being funny ,i know city fans , i know some that are going , it wont end well , there will be trouble is what im gathering ,a fair few from canley and tile hill going ,im going to skip it i think

skybluesam66

craig

the trouble will not be vented between fans (maybe between chavs, and certainly vocally against the owners)
you are a drama queen

you only get trouble at a match if you want it
if you want to avoid it you will- if you want to find it you will

Evo1883

craig

the trouble will not be vented between fans (maybe between chavs, and certainly vocally against the owners)
you are a drama queen

you only get trouble at a match if you want it
if you want to avoid it you will- if you want to find it you will
im a drama queen , lol, a damning statement ,if only you knew me lol

LB87ccfc

I have also heard it will not be too friendly tomorrow, and agree with Skybluebeduff, they will join in if not THE ones who try kicking off if anything DOES happen ( silly if it does its a game of football), It does not bode too well with a hot day, plenty of beer being drank, Nuneaton not particularly liking us due to 50% supporting Leicester and 50% us, but all of a sudden seem to got themselves some chav idiots to fancy themselves when someone comes to town, have been quite active this season too not just with Lincoln.

Places to avoid -

Kellys Bar - Nuneaton lads main bar in Attleborough
Palace - Shit hole no one goes in anyway in Attleborough
Fox in Attleborough is only across the road from Kellys bar but usually ok.
The Granby formerly bilberries - town centre - Dive but most likely have aload of chavs hanging around looking for it.

Places like weatherspoons, Attleborough Arms should be ok.

Majority will be fine, its not millwall cardiff etc far from it.. Just stay safe and enjoy the day and protest if you wish too peacefully.

LB87ccfc

I live opposite the Arms,we have 2 wetherspoons,the arms aint cheap though, crows nest is the closest to the ground and a good pub with a chippy next to it !!!

There was trouble last year at the crows nest, happens quite abit and few chavs drink there...

rupert_bear

theres a beer festival on next to the ground,live music and entertainment too,it is safe to bring kids,the crows nest is close by and is a family pub,decent food too !!!
That's convinced me a fucking beer festival jesus, Staying at home. Actually thinking about it I might go later or Sunday morning and put some flyers through the doors in nearby Crowhill Road estate for property repairs

Macca

Not being funny ,i know city fans , i know some that are going , it wont end well , there will be trouble is what im gathering ,a fair few from canley and tile hill going ,im going to skip it i think

Haha it will end the same way as it has done for the last 30 years. City yobs running in the opposite direction of anything that looks a challenge!

RegTheDonk

Seems the NOPM / Trust have finally realised it might be a good idea to do something at this game. :facepalm:

What that is, don't know, their facebook page is a bit vague - remember Trust will be @ Nuneaton game - they should spend a bit of those Trust subs and have balloons printed to hand out, or get a big banner the crowd can "pass around" during the game.

But again they are relying on Facebook to publicise it. And can't see anything on the Trust's web site.

Get yourself on local radio FFS, not everyone uses facebook/internet. Encourage those fans who are going to follow your lead.

pusbccfc

If you don't want trouble you won't get it.

This reminds me of that Birmingham game few years back. Everyone going on about these brum old boys.
Nothing happened.

J

Jack Griffin

Can't see any trouble amongst the fans, all I can see is a crowd united in shouting SISU OUT etc..

rupert_bear

What is it with these organisations and facebook/twitter, do they think everyone walks around with iphones etc. If they want to organise properly, do it properly and meet people

valiant15

My five year old has got a football tournament over in Nuneaton tomorrow morning. I was going to make a day of it over there with taking the Nuneaton game in etc. Definitely one to avoid with small kids. Id go ape if he got caught up in any agro at his age.

Users who are viewing this thread