Ticket farce (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I don't know how so many of you get into such a mess trying to obtain tickets.

My experience of purchasing tickets has not once veered from - log onto website, select tickets, pay for tickets. All done in about 3 minutes. Tickets then arrive 200 miles away within 2-3 days.

Totally agree. I've never had any issues with purchasing tickets online and getting them delivered in advance or picking up at the ground. If I decide to go to a game within a week of the match itself and don't want to risk Royal Mail delivery times, I just buy them on the day at the ground.

Same here, if I can make a game I order early so I choose where I want to sit. If I leave it late I just turn up on the day and pay on the gate. Never had an issue. I get that some people can't buy online (ie: the disabled tickets) but if everyone else did it wouldn't be a problem.

Beyond me why people keep turning up at Tesco when they club keep saying go the Butts. Yes, in an ideal world it would all be in one place at the ground but we don't have that option. If you can only get to the Ricoh and not town just pay on the day.

They said it's a connection issue. Nowadays with 4G you can get 30 / 40mb on your phone. I can't see a ticket system needing much.

I'd put money on it being the server and / or the connection to it.

The weird thing is I never have an issue with it being slow online, except in exceptional circumstances like when we had Chelsea at home in the cup. As you say connections are routinely fast and there can only be the terminal at Tesco and internet users coming in so why does it take so long to get served at Tesco?

When people buy there what is taking the time, is it the staff, people deciding where they want to sit or the system itself?

Can't see there being any major changes during the season - too much risk. Hopefully they'll bin the whole system at the end of the season and get something better in place.

CJ_covblaze

Online system is still down.

chiefdave

tbf, if a buying option is offered for any kind of ticket, it should be able to use it without it turning into an endurance test.

Maybe that's the answer. Stop selling at the club shop. Not ideal but if people can't grasp that the main ticket office is at the Butts and everyone keeps turning up at Tesco maybe they need to take that option away.

stevefloyd

Just got served....i decided to get 2 burton tickets to save this farce again and got charged £4 extra...wtf is going on . I dont care who runs this fucking shop but it is a club shop with club signs all over why should i have to travel into the city centre to a rugby club to collect tockets that I WANTED DELIVERING? ? ? ? then why should i be penalised by paying cash for more tickets when i am there anyway...... total total fuck up and so many people gave up and walked away... maybe not coming back!!!!!!!

stevefloyd

And also they either sell tickets there or they dont but atm they do and rather badly at that... it is a great opportunity for people to buy whilst shopping

stevefloyd

Maybe pete but i overheard 2 people saying they wouldnt bother .....lost revenue is not good especially if the club depends on it....

Skyblueweeman

Just got served....i decided to get 2 burton tickets to save this farce again and got charged £4 extra...wtf is going on . I dont care who runs this fucking shop but it is a club shop with club signs all over why should i have to travel into the city centre to a rugby club to collect tockets that I WANTED DELIVERING? ? ? ? then why should i be penalised by paying cash for more tickets when i am there anyway...... total total fuck up and so many people gave up and walked away... maybe not coming back!!!!!!!

Steve...you're angry. Go home and have a lie down.

CCFCKirky

When it comes to tickets, the club are absolutely shit!! Iv been having an issue with my season ticket all year yet the club are not helping one bit! Tried 3 times to get my issue resolved and all 3 times the club have ignored me or fed me some bullshit! Also my mate lost his ST a few weeks back and after waiting 2 hours to be served he was told he can't get a replacement ticket and instead has to go to butts park every month to collect that months tickets. When it would have been easier to just give him a new book.

Sky Blue Pete

FYI, from the offal Twitter account: All in person sales tomorrow will be from the Ricoh Arena - either at the Matchday Ticket Office or from 6:30pm at Cash Turnstiles

OffenhamSkyBlue

FYI, from the offal Twitter account: All in person sales tomorrow will be from the Ricoh Arena - either at the Matchday Ticket Office or from 6:30pm at Cash Turnstiles

Your point being ...? Someone earlier in the thread was asking what the arrangements were for sales tomorrow! #justsayin

Nick

Administrator
I had already paid for mine but had to go thro this farce to collect

Why not just collect them at the ground before the game? If you were just collecting did you try going in the shop and saying you were there to collect and it wasn't a sale?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Steve, I know it's too late you having taken time off to go up there, but you can pick up pre-paid (collection only) tickets from the window at the Ricoh from 6.30 on matchday.

BackRoomRummermill

Sounds like fiasco time. The club need to look at the whole system.

it seems that those of us that buy online and have them posted afar have no issues therefore the computer system is working in this case

it seems that when humanoids are in involved at the shop it goes breasts skywards

Answer = get new humanoids

please forward to TM

fernandopartridge

It's simple. I've been and collected on matchday with no problems at all.

Why would you go any earlier? When the problems with the club shop in Tesco are well documented (every other day on here somebody moans about it).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's simple. I've been and collected on matchday with no problems at all.

Why would you go any earlier? When the problems with the club shop in Tesco are well documented (every other day on here somebody moans about it).

If people are moaning about it every other day wouldn't you think it's about time they fixed it? And this isn't having a go at you just thought it would be common sense that's all.

stevefloyd

Nick you seem to know a lot about these things how much would a decent system cost.

even if it cost 20 grand its money well spent because possibly with more people getting tickets with minimal fuss they may be encouraged to come again... not that it would cost anywhere near 20k.

Didnt want to collect from the ground have you seen the queue for the tickets before a match... I asked to have them posted why didn't it say BEFORE I paid for them that they wouldn't be posted ????????

jas365

I don't know how so many of you get into such a mess trying to obtain tickets.

My experience of purchasing tickets has not once veered from - log onto website, select tickets, pay for tickets. All done in about 3 minutes. Tickets then arrive 200 miles away within 2-3 days.

As a general rule most of us would agree that buying online is easier, however not everyone is computer literate, or has a computer at all, particularly the older generation.

I think the point is though, that actually going to an outlet to buy a ticket should be a straightforward process if you choose to do it that way, just like you can at all the other 91 football league clubs. Buying tickets in person with CCFC is an absolute fucking farce, we have all the business know how of a kindergarten group.

SkyBlueZack

If you go to the official ticket outlet as advised by the club you have no problem. If you choose to ignore the advice. The problem is of your own making. The butts is just outside of town. It's not timbuctoo

Joy Division

Didnt want to collect from the ground have you seen the queue for the tickets before a match... I asked to have them posted why didn't it say BEFORE I paid for them that they wouldn't be posted ????????

I've collected from the ground before the match on a number of occasions this season. To be fair it only takes me a few minutes, there's two queues, one for purchasing which is quite long and one for collecting which you can walk straight up to the desk and collect.

Sky Blue Pete

Feel your frustration and passion for things to work well. Did I dream you say you didn't want to come into town and collect from a rugby club?

Butts isn't really centre of town and big car park and supports another local sports club

Users who are viewing this thread