tickets for walsall (1 Viewer)

brez

ccfc website is saying anyone who wants tickets for the walsall away game has to phone walsall ticket office by 2pm tommorow to have them posted out to you, just in case anyone was interested

CovFan

It's an all ticket affair so if you do not call by 2PM tomorrow you won't get a ticket at all?

Utter joke.

sky_blue_up_north

What about fans who have already bought tickets but not collected, glad I got mine at the Hartlepool game. The whole thing is just a joke.

brez

walsall tickets

What about fans who have already bought tickets but not collected, glad I got mine at the Hartlepool game. The whole thing is just a joke.
fans who are yet to receive their tickets are going to get them hand delivered by friday. maybe good old joy will knock the door:p

sky_blue_up_north

says they will be hand delivering all outstanding orders made before ticket sales swapped to Walsall
well at least that is good news, wonder who they speak to if they don't get delivered. What communication channels are open to contact the club.

TheRoyalScam

It's a bit like getting tickets to an all night rave.

We still don't know the venue for Friday's rave - even Elvis the DJ doesn't know where he'll be performing.

Oh well, it's 'business as usual' for SHITSU:jerkit:.

theferret

Just called Walsall to get mine. She seemed a bit annoyed as the phones haven't stopped ringing all day apparently, so must be plenty of people getting them. Will definitely affect our following there though if tomorrow becomes the last day to get tickets.

brez

when i went on ccfc website last week there was only 3 blocks left in stands so should be pretty good turnout still

ccfc_jj

I brought my tickets just before the site got took down but I ordered them for collection and didn't give my address! Any ideas what will happen with my tickets anyone?

RoboCCFC90

I brought my tickets just before the site got took down but I ordered them for collection and didn't give my address! Any ideas what will happen with my tickets anyone?

Go to Ryton..

brez

if you bought them online they should have your details from your online account hopefully

hutch1972

Just called Walsall to get mine. She seemed a bit annoyed as the phones haven't stopped ringing all day apparently, so must be plenty of people getting them. Will definitely affect our following there though if tomorrow becomes the last day to get tickets.

I should imagine thats what she gets feckin paid for !!

WFC

Don't worry she wasn't annoyed. That's the normal attitude of our ticket office staff. They are far to busy to be worrying about customers who want tickets.

skybluearmy88

Tickets to be hand delivered, is that a joke. I live in a little town the other side of Oxford, where so far I have counted a total of 3 cov fans including myself. And 1 of the others is my brother who I live with. I some how cannot see them sending someone to hand deliver mine.

WFC

I know we sometimes send uncollected tickets to the home team ticket office for collection, usually travelling with the team; however that's usually a handful. I can't see our lot being happy at having 1000 cover fans queuing to collect tickets. Might be possible for those that can't be hand delivered like above though if you can actually manage to contact your guys to arrange.

theferret

I know we sometimes send uncollected tickets to the home team ticket office for collection, usually travelling with the team; however that's usually a handful. I can't see our lot being happy at having 1000 cover fans queuing to collect tickets. Might be possible for those that can't be hand delivered like above though if you can actually manage to contact your guys to arrange.

We have been told no tickets can purchased or collected on the day. We have to order them by 4pm tomorrow otherwise we cannot get tickets (although presumably we could drive to Walsall to get them in person on Wednesday and Thursday). Remains to be seen if they relax this.

WFC

We have been told no tickets can purchased or collected on the day. We have to order them by 4pm tomorrow otherwise we cannot get tickets (although presumably we could drive to Walsall to get them in person on Wednesday and Thursday). Remains to be seen if they relax this.

I was thinking for those who have already ordered but can't collect. Must admit seems a bit shabby they're not giving you more and clearer info on tickets already purchased.

Baginton

1, are we talking about the game on Monday, not our home game Friday :whistle:

2 our website is working! :claping hands:

3. angry wallsall lady... why isnt the game pay on the day and give us two stands :claping hands: save any phone calls, 5k to the Bescot lol :whistle:

RoboCCFC90

I was thinking for those who have already ordered but can't collect. Must admit seems a bit shabby they're not giving you more and clearer info on tickets already purchased.

Away from the ticket info for a second though, are Walsall expecting a good Home Support for the game on Monday?

WFC

Away from the ticket info for a second though, are Walsall expecting a good Home Support for the game on Monday?

No, we never get that! Possible about 4000, we were kinda banking on you actually selling some but Cov seem to be doing their best to screw that up. May be it's all part of the plan to compete next season ( assuming there is one) by denying us revenue. Damn those pesky hedge fund underhand tactics ;)

RoboCCFC90

No, we never get that! Possible about 4000, we were kinda banking on you actually selling some but Cov seem to be doing their best to screw that up. May be it's all part of the plan to compete next season ( assuming there is one) by denying us revenue. Damn those pesky hedge fund underhand tactics ;)

Shocker.. You never know we might pull off some myrical and sell all our allocation.. Yeah well I think that 100% of CCFC fans now want SISU OUT so that we can get on talking about and loving the Football again!!

WFC

Best of luck with that. They will only want to go on their terms and will fight tooth and nail against anything else. Hope it all works out OK.

edgy

I can't see any reason why Walsall would not sell tickets to away fans on the gate. But they are not doing so. Could miss out on some revenue there.

WFC

I can't see any reason why Walsall would not sell tickets to away fans on the gate. But they are not doing so. Could miss out on some revenue there.

With these sort of fixtures it is often to do with policing and controlling costs for this particularly as we are a small club and manage costs very carefully to balance the books.

Policing requirements for a game are worked out on a points system with all sorts of factors taken into account including availability of tickets on the day. If by accepting a few restriction like this you can reduced the category of a game it can save 10s of thousands in policing which can be more that selling the extra tickets especially when taking into account other costs incurred when selling those tickets.

Swiftlyon

WFC is right. When you've become accustomed to minding the pennies you begin to see some of the strange ways that clubs get charged by police. Last season we only gave sheff utd an allocation of 1,500. Their fans weren't happy (yep, that word tin-pot was in abundance), but they would have had to sell over 2,000 to make the extra policing cost worth giving the extra allocation. Our club estimated that for a night game they wouldn't bring over 2,000 and therefore weren't prepared to risk revenue. Costs also change based upon whether you make it all ticket for everyone, just away fans etc etc. It all gets very complicated and quite counter-intuitive at times.

We won't get close to selling the home end, though a win at Yeovil on Friday will boost things. I think we'll have around 5000 - 5,500 there. Will be a shame if logistics stop you selling your allocation as it's a rarity that the Bescot bounces but when it does it can be cracking for home and away fans alike. Good luck with it and I hope that those who want to come up manage to get tickets one way or another.

Swiftlyon

Oh, nearly forgot - here's the details from our official site for you. You've got til 4 tomorrow

.IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COVENTRY CITY SUPPORTERS: Coventry City supporters can purchase tickets for this game via telephone, with credit card, on 01922-651 414/416. You have until 4.00pm on Tuesday, March 26th to order on the phone and have tickets posted out (there will be a £1 postage charge on all telephone bookings).

shepardo01

.IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COVENTRY CITY SUPPORTERS: Coventry City supporters can purchase tickets for this game via telephone, with credit card, on 01922-651 414/416. You have until 4.00pm on Tuesday, March 26th to order on the phone and have tickets posted out (there will be a £1 postage charge on all telephone bookings).[/QUOTE]

.....says 4pm on the above quote yet 2pm on our website..... Anybody know which one is correct (the way we are being ran at the moment I'd probably hazard a guess at the Walsall one!!!)

robbiemc79

i am one of those who ordered and paid for my ticket early, for the last two days ive had dialogue with someone at ryton. given him my name and details and am waiting for him to get back to me. apparently the system is down and its hard to track people down, but he did promise to deliver them personally if need be - we shall see! has anyone else had success with tickets pre ordered yet??

WFC

Sounds like they have big problems and that the problem isn't so much getting the tickets out, although it will cost them a lot now given the short time they've got and bank holidays, but simply identifying who has bought tickets and getting any information on where to send them. They will probably hate me for saying this but I think the only way you'll be sure of getting your ticket in time if you've already purchased is if you roll up there with proof of purchase.

Have nothing but sympathy with you guys, it's a rediculous and very stress full situation to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread