Tickets sold for tonight (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

7,543. Not sure if that includes away fans. If it doesn't, what are we looking at overall by ko? 11K?

sky_blue_up_north

Because its only a fiver and expect a large walk up, looking at at least 11K I would say

Expect a similar walk up to the Sheffield United game. Also expect a similar amount of complaining in regards to queuing times and number of turnstyles open.

Attendance: 12k
SBT Complaint Threads: 5-10

Cbaker89

Did someone mention before that the record was only 12.5k would be good to smash that wouldn't it, and with us all I. Tesco stand expect for a great atmosphere :)

theferret

Did someone mention before that the record was only 12.5k would be good to smash that wouldn't it, and with us all I. Tesco stand expect for a great atmosphere :)

The record for this stage of the competition is 15K so we won't beat that. That figure doesn't include away fans, although they are only bringing about 400.

Ashdown1

I think it won't be far off half and half on tickets sold already and walk up, certainly worth getting up there for no later than 7.15 if you are paying on the gate. Not sure what the Preston take up is but they can also pay the fiver and they are running coaches at £14 so all in for less than £20.

Spence CCFC

If our fans are anything like me then they haven't thinking about any alternative to walking up so I expect they'll be a very big walk up. Hopefully similar to the Blackburn game a few years ago.

kg82

Thought I read somewhere that Southampton had about 30k for one of their JPT games?

wingy

If the crowd is going to equal or better most of our league games ,open the Telgraph and lets remove any obstacles to a decent fan experience.:facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
With the large amounts sold maybe they will have a bit of organisation... Have seperate ticket and cash turnstyles to stop people who have bought tickets having to queue for so long, open a few more turnstyles, stock up with food and maybe even open both bookies!

Nick

Administrator
they have already said get their early so do just that

How early is early? an hour before kick off?

30 minutes should surely be enough? Especially when people are at work and need to go home and back again it is a bit of a tight push to get there 2 hours before to sit in the cold because only 2 turnstyles are open!

Bennosdancingfeet

should be a big walk up, I know 15 people who dont ususally go but are paying on gate tonight. I have sky but being there is so much better and all for a fiver.

Bigelvesy

Id be really dissapointed if we dont get atleast 12K tonight,
Its a fiver ffs, yes its on sky, but if your a fan and live in cov or surrounding areas, you surely want to be there more than sitting at home with your hands down your pants moaning at the tv. The amount of fans that moan at ticket prices including myself, youd think theyd show their support for a fiver!
Got tickets online but hoping for a big walk up, a packed stand and lots of noise as we put 4 past westleys henchmen!!!!

MichaelCCFC

I'm paying on the gate. When it's £5 price ain't an excuse and if we don't get a decent crowd tonight it'll be even more galling if we get to Wembley and 30k+ suddenly remember they're city fans. And after all, tonight is a semi final and when did we last have one of those? '87 of course plus the two legs of forest in league cup and simod (?) cup away at reading (their old ground - Elm Park was it? - packed on an open terrace, Legion kicking off at the other end and Benno, allegedly, bottling out of taking a penalty). I saw home leg but not the away one against West Ham in 80/81? Typing this makes me realise tonight will be city playing a semi final in a fourth cup competition - FA, league, simod (?) and JPT. History in the making!

lordsummerisle

I'm paying on the gate. When it's £5 price ain't an excuse and if we don't get a decent crowd tonight it'll be even more galling if we get to Wembley and 30k+ suddenly remember they're city fans. And after all, tonight is a semi final and when did we last have one of those? '87 of course plus the two legs of forest in league cup and simod (?) cup away at reading (their old ground - Elm Park was it? - packed on an open terrace, Legion kicking off at the other end and Benno, allegedly, bottling out of taking a penalty). I saw home leg but not the away one against West Ham in 80/81? Typing this makes me realise tonight will be city playing a semi final in a fourth cup competition - FA, league, simod (?) and JPT. History in the making!

It's a Quarter-final really though in all except name.

shmmeee

If you don't go tonight. You can never complain about ticket prices again.

Then again ticket prices aren't the real reason those people don't attend anyway.

skybluelee

It's not a bloody semi-final. It doesn't matter what the stupid organisers call it, it's a quarter final. How many more times?!

Covstu

i got my ticket yesterday and really looking forward to it. its a shame its on sky as this would drop at least 3-4k potentials off the attendance. I think the 'walk up' will only bring a few thou at best but they need to be sensible and open the turnstiles and split the ticket and paying fans.

It will be a difficult game but hopefully we can make the regional final (semi final, sorry lee!)

Users who are viewing this thread