Tim Fisher: You can't handle the truth! (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Think that's pretty much what he agreed to, having his own hedge-fund based in the Cayman Islands he'd know that the way that they do business.

Are you saying that Ranson is a gullible idiot who had no idea about Sisu and how they operated?

Not exactly the greatest of recommendations to be fair.

It would be fairer to say they were gullible idiots who had no idea about Ranson and how football operates.

Sky Blue Kid

@ summerisle...And Septic is not guilty in any of this eh?.......£70m over 6 years........£12m a year.............Fuck off!

lordsummerisle

@ summerisle...And Septic is not guilty in any of this eh?.......£70m over 6 years........£12m a year.............Fuck off!

Of course she is, but I never brought in the fuckers, Ranson did.

I expect you got to see all the secret meetings between them though on Sopcast?

Sky Blue Kid

I believe Ranson had CCFC at heart and wanted to make us a premiership club again, but was "Hog tied" by Igwe and Septic. We could have had a hundred men on the board but Igwe overuled Ranson and Hoffman every time. Why did the other 3 board members resign eh?....Coz they could see evn at that early stage in the SISU tenure, that they had no intention of financing some decent players for a promotion push. Players that could have made a massive difference were sold(Dann and Fox) If you can support the SISU stance after that, then you need to think again what football is all about!:sleep:

Brighton Sky Blue

I believe Ranson had CCFC at heart and wanted to make us a premiership club again, but was "Hog tied" by Igwe and Septic. We could have had a hundred men on the board but Igwe overuled Ranson and Hoffman every time. Why did the other 3 board members resign eh?....Coz they could see evn at that early stage in the SISU tenure, that they had no intention of financing some decent players for a promotion push. Players that could have made a massive difference were sold(Dann and Fox) If you can support the SISU stance after that, then you need to think again what football is all about!:sleep:

The business model was to make a profit from buying and developing young players and reinvest it into the team to build a quality squad. This actually looked like paying off in Coleman's first full season in charge but ultimately his failure as manager led SISU to hit the panic button and abort the model when in reality had they persisted with it but pushed for a more competent manager then who knows, it could've worked.

lordsummerisle

I've never supported the Sisu stance, and never supported the man who brought them in here.

lordsummerisle

The business model was to make a profit from buying and developing young players and reinvest it into the team to build a quality squad. This actually looked like paying off in Coleman's first full season in charge but ultimately his failure as manager led SISU to hit the panic button and abort the model when in reality had they persisted with it but pushed for a more competent manager then who knows, it could've worked.

It was the "football man" Ranson who brought him in and persisted with him well beyond what a competent person should.

A high risk strategy, which works if you can unearth "gems" like Dann and Fox regularly. Unfortunately, despite the much heralded scouting abilities of Thorn, we never really replicated those heights again.

Hussey and Wood "going on to become as good as, if not better than Dan and Fox" springs to mind.

Though of course, with Coleman as the manager could have unearthed the new Messi and we would still have been shite.

NorthernWisdom

Or we could have had double the debt we have now.

wingy

It was the "football man" Ranson who brought him in and persisted with him well beyond what a competent person should.

A high risk strategy, which works if you can unearth "gems" like Dann and Fox regularly. Unfortunately, despite the much heralded scouting abilities of Thorn, we never really replicated those heights again.

Hussey and Wood "going on to become as good as, if not better than Dan and Fox" springs to mind.

Though of course, with Coleman as the manager could have unearthed the new Messi and we would still have been shite.

I think the level of spending dictated the level of player we got ,but neither excelled It was virtually a whole season for Hussey to assimilate and I really don't remember wood getting called upon much until the season just gone and the one before.

Brighton Sky Blue

We've discussed Ranson's gems many times before I think. The most incredulous case of them all was Westwood going for nothing-how on Earth did we manage to make a loss on him?

Delboycov

We've discussed Ranson's gems many times before I think. The most incredulous case of them all was Westwood going for nothing-how on Earth did we manage to make a loss on him?

One of the worst pieces of business this club has ever done....when you get such a talented and potentially extremely valuable player pleading for a contract offer through the local paper, which was far too long in forthcoming you know your club really is a 'basket case'.

Brighton Sky Blue

One of the worst pieces of business this club has ever done....when you get such a talented and potentially extremely valuable player pleading for a contract offer through the local paper, which was far too long in forthcoming you know your club really is a 'basket case'.

We should have got a 7 figure sum for him and we got nothing-I don't want Ranson anywhere near the club off of that alone. Just a stupid version of Tim Fisher with a slightly less smug look on his face.

psgm1

Banned
Absolutely Priceless -STILL going to London to give a bunch of meaningless questions to an empty building!

It's like a poor carry on film - Carry on Clique!

They don't seem to know the difference to not answering questions, and delivering an answer they don't like! If you listened beyond the shouting, TF can claim he DID answer. Not for a second do I believe the answer, but he DID answer! But failing that, what exactly do they expect will happen? Do they genuinely believe they will get answers, or is this as always a publicity stunt to try and play down criticism of not doing anything?

Trouble is the time for this kind of action was about a year or so ago!

Also I SAY AGAIN - THE TRUST DOES NOT AND NEVER HAS REPRESENTED "THE FANS"! It represents ITS MEMBERS - They even stated this THEMSELVES!

The SHEER ARROGANCE of these people is sticking in the throat of more and more people. Once more, when you consider prior to relegation their was around 17 - 18k gates, and there are MANY more who don't/cannot get to every gate, they cannot really speak for more than 10% of the supporters, and less than 1% of the people of coventry, then you really have to question the entire point of these people!

They ask these questions, yet REFUSE to ask the questions asked of them! Have sisu cried for the trust to be refused a voice? The trust HAVE tried to deny voices - so there is an argument that the trust is WORSE than sisu!

What is clear is that now I have forced their hand - and they have shown every time that they simply do not have an organised plan of action. It is ALL on the hoof knee jerk reactions - and it shows!

They are desperate to be considered as serious people, yet have failed every time. Just look at the midlands today interview, and they picked a guy totally unprepared, and it turned it into car crash television. All this does is aggrevate people and make them look like a joke!

And STILL NOT ONE of their group has been able to defend ANY of the criticisms I have raised, but there is a VERY good reason - there IS no excuse - they ARE that incompetent!

Trouble is they have bought into the supporters direct philosophy, but have forgotten what their founding principle was! They want what swansea and Pompey achieved, but are incapable or unwilling to garner the funding these two groups have!

So I ask the fundamental question once more - WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE SKY BLUES TRUST - as if you look over the past few weeks, the answer is NOTHING!

So STOP trying to claim you are the voice of the fans - BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT!!!!

Delboycov

We should have got a 7 figure sum for him and we got nothing-I don't want Ranson anywhere near the club off of that alone. Just a stupid version of Tim Fisher with a slightly less smug look on his face.

Totally agree with you there BSB...The way I see it, with all the players who were allowed to run their contracts down but seemingly did want to sign at some stage...including MK9, athough I did think he was a scumbag! What are you losing by signing them up for 2 or 3 years? If you want to cash in then just sell them afterwards...surely that's better business sense than letting them go for sweet FA!

Brighton Sky Blue

Totally agree with you there BSB...The way I see it, with all the players who were allowed to run their contracts down but seemingly did want to sign at some stage...including MK9, athough I did think he was a scumbag! What are you losing by signing them up for 2 or 3 years? If you want to cash in then just sell them afterwards...surely that's better business sense than letting them go for sweet FA!

The only thing ever keeping King at the club was Boothroyd and as soon as he was sacked it was clear that he was going to follow once his contract was up. Westwood was an inevitable departure but could easily have been signed up to a one/two year extension on the proviso that he would be allowed to go in the summer for a decent fee. All ifs and buts now of course but examples of how it wasn't necessarily a bad plan but the employment of a muppet to oversee it.

When Coleman was appointed we then had a muppet reporting to another muppet reporting to a whole team of muppets. Jim Henson himself couldn't have made a success of it.

Users who are viewing this thread