Tim Fisher: You can't handle the truth! (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Boys, Boys!
Lets not fight amongst ourselves!
We all want a good outcome for the club!
We all would hope for a new start but we might not get it.
We will soon know what the best deal presented to the administrator is.
If we are left with only SISU's proposals to go with - Then go with it!
Those proposals will not kill the club!
If we all get behind it we will still be a force to be reckoned with!
The only thing that might kill the club is
Not going with it!

:pimp:

I can't stomach where SISU have taken us and are planning to take us. I'd rather not be a part of it.

Moff

On here again defending SISU at every opportunity, well you and the other usual suspects.

How is pointing out the FACTUAL truth that Elliott and Hoffman were on the board during the period when the club overspent and basically shot itself in the foot, and was run like a piece of sh*t, being a defender of SISU?

I agree with those facts, but f*ck off am I a fan of SISU, so please respect that people may see things differently.

Ashdown1

Boys, Boys!
Lets not fight amongst ourselves!
We all want a good outcome for the club!
We all would hope for a new start but we might not get it.
We will soon know what the best deal presented to the administrator is.
If we are left with only SISU's proposals to go with - Then go with it!
Those proposals will not kill the club!
If we all get behind it we will still be a force to be reckoned with!
The only thing that might kill the club is
Not going with it!

:pimp:

You're talking utter wank to who, your 6 other sympathisers on here !! The other 95% of voters polled on here want no part of your club destroying garbage !

RegTheDonk

Originally Posted by cashless This is a terrible letter, a cock eyed rant, turning SBT into a shouty SISU out brigade. Getting personal with "Tim" shows a lack of professionalism and dignity which the Trust should rise above.

There is also the arrogant assumption that a show of hands at a forum represents the view of every Coventry supporter (and trust member)

I want the trust to take a really scrutineering, interregatory approach and engaging the RIGHT media to tell the story of the mismanagement of this club. Saturday afternoon jaunts to London and faintly ridiculous ultimatums mean that sadly the Trust, with behaviour like this risks being sidelined by ANY future owners.

Of course it doesn't represent every City Supporter.........But it does represent well over 13k of supporters:facepalm:

Kid, this is the point I was trying to get over (on page 4 I think), the Trust can forget trying to change the world by having a few turn up protesting, or thinking a cosey chat with prospective buyers is all thats needed. The only thing CCFC needs from the fans is to turn up to games and buy merchandise.

If the Trust want any kind of say in the club they need to engage with their 13,000 members directly, get their backing on the major issues, and act on that mandate. Only with a united front of their 13,000 CCFC paying customers can the Trust make a difference.

quinn1971

Kid, this is the point I was trying to get over (on page 4 I think), the Trust can forget trying to change the world by having a few turn up protesting, or thinking a cosey chat with prospective buyers is all thats needed. The only thing CCFC needs from the fans is to turn up to games and buy merchandise.

If the Trust want any kind of say in the club they need to engage with their 13,000 members directly, get their backing on the major issues, and act on that mandate. Only with a united front of their 13,000 CCFC paying customers can the Trust make a difference.

At least they're doing something but I think it may be too late to make any difference. I said from the start of this mess, keep your friends close but your enemy's closer.A foot in the sisu camp could have been more beneficial than nothing.

Grendel

And yet again you resort to insults, big man behind your keyboard aren't you ?

3 minutes before this post you accused someone of spouting utter wank and club destroying garbage.

Are those compliments in your world?

RegTheDonk

At least they're doing something but I think it may be too late to make any difference. I said from the start of this mess, keep your friends close but your enemy's closer.A foot in the sisu camp could have been more beneficial than nothing.

Don't get me wrong Quinn, I respect them for getting themselves known in the press and trying to communicate with the club. Its more than I've done and I'm a member! The only way they could get a foot in the SISU camp would be to buy into the club - and without a pocket millionaire that's not going to happen.

So when words and diplomacy aren't enough you need a back up plan that the following masses will (not literally) die for. Thats why I like the "not one penny more" stance - although its not as big, is somewhat more effective: its simple, its clear, it has one objective, it has a way of trying to reach that objective.

Apologies also, got mixed up with the telegraph poll, should have said 2,000 CCFC paying customers.

Sky Blue Kid

They were all sold or have their contract run down by the board headed by Ranson and Hoffman.
Not Fisher's fault - and he is not actually going to criticise previous regimes under sisu. But he wasn't defending that either.

WRONG Godiva.......Turner and Gunnarsson were sold and "Walked" respectively, "Well after both Ranson and Hoffman resigned, so were not under their leadership!:D

quinn1971

Don't get me wrong Quinn, I respect them for getting themselves known in the press and trying to communicate with the club. Its more than I've done and I'm a member! The only way they could get a foot in the SISU camp would be to buy into the club - and without a pocket millionaire that's not going to happen.

So when words and diplomacy aren't enough you need a back up plan that the following masses will (not literally) die for. Thats why I like the "not one penny more" stance - although its not as big, is somewhat more effective: its simple, its clear, it has one objective, it has a way of trying to reach that objective.

Apologies also, got mixed up with the telegraph poll, should have said 2,000 CCFC paying customers.

Apologies...I didn't mean it to come across as YOU haven't done anything.your right..I think it's too little too late.To be honest fisher and sisu wouldn't listen to them anyway.They never have

cloughie

Well they have.

Or did I miss Elliott and Hoffman's times on the board (especially Elliott)?

But, why not let THOSE facts get in the way?

AS I remember it they were board members not owners and were out voted by others on certain issues which led to their resignations

Last edited:

Godiva

AS I remember it they were board members not owners and were out voted by others on certain issues which led to their resignations

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/11306-FAQ-1-The-Beginning

In the beginning we had Ranson running the show backed financially by loans provided by investors managed by SISU. The board oversaw the operations deciding on any thing major by simple voting. The only thing they couldn't control was bringing in new investments as that must be provided by SISU.

Ranson was crowned Chairman and CEO. Other board members were Hoffman (VC), Elliott and Parkin. SISU only had one member at the board - Onye Igwe

Sky Blue Kid

@ Godiva.....

“All Coventry fans, including me, are frustrated by that. That’s why I am talking to potential investors who can either help Sisu or replace them.”
As for the flak aimed at Ranson who sent a shock email an hour before this week’s club press conference announcing that he would not have a continuing role at the club by advising the board on football matters after all, the high-flying banker said: “There has been unfair criticism of Ray Ranson. He has not been given the tools to do the job.
“He has put his heart, soul and some money into the club. He leaves with his head held high. Players have been sold against his wishes.”
Wagging his finger at the press gathering, Brody claimed: “The fingers can’t be pointed at the investors; the fingers have to be pointed at the people responsible for running it.”
But it seems that Sisu’s main man on the board, Onye Igwe, has always been the man with the power.
“The fact is that Sisu have been responsible for the investment of its client’s funds,” he said.
“They have been effective owner, manager and micro manager. Their representative held the daily purse strings and Ray and his colleagues had no commercial freedom.
:facepalm:

lordsummerisle

WRONG Godiva.......Turner and Gunnarsson were sold and "Walked" respectively, "Well after both Ranson and Hoffman resigned, so were not under their leadership!:D

Both strangely enough to Cardiff.

Shortly before he "resigned" from being Chairman of Coventry City he had through one of his hedge-fund companies(based in the Cayman Islands, know you like that) loaned them a load of money to buy players, and was under investigation by the Football League.

Absolutely spotless character.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Godiva.....

“All Coventry fans, including me, are frustrated by that. That’s why I am talking to potential investors who can either help Sisu or replace them.”
As for the flak aimed at Ranson who sent a shock email an hour before this week’s club press conference announcing that he would not have a continuing role at the club by advising the board on football matters after all, the high-flying banker said: “There has been unfair criticism of Ray Ranson. He has not been given the tools to do the job.
“He has put his heart, soul and some money into the club. He leaves with his head held high. Players have been sold against his wishes.”
Wagging his finger at the press gathering, Brody claimed: “The fingers can’t be pointed at the investors; the fingers have to be pointed at the people responsible for running it.”
But it seems that Sisu’s main man on the board, Onye Igwe, has always been the man with the power.
“The fact is that Sisu have been responsible for the investment of its client’s funds,” he said.
“They have been effective owner, manager and micro manager. Their representative held the daily purse strings and Ray and his colleagues had no commercial freedom.

Godiva

@ Godiva.....

Here's the link to the FULL article.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ntrol-from-new-owners-Sisu-article718980.html

Reading that gives quite a different perspective than the selective cut & paste. It wasn't Brody who said that Igwe sat on the purse string - it was Hoffman. Not surprising - as he had just been replaced - and not reliable either.

The last sentence is true though - at the end they had no commercial freedom. They had over three years spent all the promised funds and had failed miserably. Of course sisu said no, we are sending no more money.

lordsummerisle

Here's the link to the FULL article.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ntrol-from-new-owners-Sisu-article718980.html

Reading that gives quite a different perspective than the selective cut & paste. It wasn't Brody who said that Igwe sat on the purse string - it was Hoffman. Not surprising - as he had just been replaced - and not reliable either.

The last sentence is true though - at the end they had no commercial freedom. They had over three years spent all the promised funds and had failed miserably. Of course sisu said no, we are sending no more money.

You forgot to mention it's a Daily Mirror article, and of course Hoffman is a non-executive director on the board of the Mirror Group.

Though obviously has no power to sway things as apparently he doesn't when he's on boards.

lordsummerisle

It all boils down to who you beleive............I'm firmly in the Ranson/Hoffman camp on this one.

Will never in a million years understand the free pass that Ranson is given.

He brought Sisu to the club, he touted Sisu round several clubs before he found one desperate enough to take him and them on.

I also get the impression that Ranson actively sought out Sisu as his financial backers to run a football club, don't think that Joy Seppalla called him up and said.

" Ray, would love to lose a load of money running a second-tier football club that doesn't own it's own ground, do you think you could front it for us? It'll be okay, you won't get blamed for anything, you could even lend money to rival clubs to buy players if you pull it off and nobody will bat an eyelid".

"Thanks Joy, never even considered that before, don't tell me anything about yourself or your company then I can blame everything solely on you. Plenty of idiots support football clubs, they'll fall for that line everytime"

"Great Ray, it's a deal, here's a bit of cash go and get started".

Sky Blue Kid

Is that right summerisle?
Her's a bit of cash(Not really) just wave it around in their faces then give it back to me. Meanwhile you can give me your £6m worth of business, and go on for the next 6years and suck the fuck out of CCFC, then tell them they owe me £70m...ok Ray?:jerkit:

lordsummerisle

Is that right summerisle?
Her's a bit of cash(Not really) just wave it around in their faces then give it back to me. Meanwhile you can give me your £6m worth of business, and go on for the next 6years and suck the fuck out of CCFC, then tell them they owe me £70m...ok Ray?:jerkit:

Think that's pretty much what he agreed to, having his own hedge-fund based in the Cayman Islands he'd know that the way that they do business.

Are you saying that Ranson is a gullible idiot who had no idea about Sisu and how they operated?

Not exactly the greatest of recommendations to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread