Time for Tim Fisher to go (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

Fisher alone totally fucked up buying the Ricoh when we had a chance. His unfounded arrogance riled the council up so much they decided they would sell to anyone but SISU.
He's lost us the academy, the training ground, we are about to enter league two with likely home crowds of 3000, how SISU think he's done a good job God only knows.
They could be sitting on a 32000 arena ,with the club near the championship if not in that league already.
They then could of sold us for 60 -70 million making a nice profit .
SISU may have to fund many years in league two all because of Fisher.
He's a brainless buffoon.

Nick

Administrator
Fisher alone totally fucked up buying the Ricoh when we had a chance. His unfounded arrogance riled the council up so much they decided they would sell to anyone but SISU.
He's lost us the academy, the training ground, we are about to enter league two with likely home crowds of 3000, how SISU think he's done a good job God only knows.
They could be sitting on a 32000 arena ,with the club near the championship if not in that league already.

Again, you are assuming he is judged on results and not cutting losses.

ecky

Tim Fisher is doing a great job. From SISU's point of view. We will probably get away with a small loss, thanks to Wembley, or, if we get some decent money for Stevenson, even a small profit at the end of 2017.

We have no long term financial commitments, and if we can pull a deal off for Ryton, SISU - Arvo may even get some form of return.

Should we hit the ground running in League 2, we may be able to hold our crowds, or if we actually get in the top 6, even increase them.

If Fisher could pull off another short term deal at the Ricoh and find a temporary training ground and temporary academy site ..-- if..... then the show carries on without SISU having to crystallise their loss.

Who would SISU replace him with? We have had some tossers - Igwe and Dulux - who lost loads of money and didn't have a clue. SISU's recruitment has not been good. Without a cash injection and the go-ahead to achieve sporting success from Joy, nothing would be better by replacing Fisher.

Fisher's big flaw from our point of view is his attitude. He cannot motivate us as a group. He talks to individuals, but he needs to get the fans behind him. We are where we are - and that is not all his fault, but he has pissed too many people off who CCFC need. That is from the fans to the council, the charity, the press and virtually anyone he comes into contact with.

Fisher keeping us trundling along at around breakeven is the most we can expect without us being sold or Joy deciding to take a punt. So. It looks as if it's Fisher or bust.
We don't want them running the club
End of
No one trusts a word that they say

dongonzalos

Wasn't his targets
promotion, (relegated, soon to be twice)
cut costs, (yes, still not breakeven, though)
community club ( I dont think he has improved that )
A club with the academy as its cornerstone ( achieved, but now under threat )
New Stadium and or Ricoh (Failed )

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Again it depends what his targets are doesn't it?
Do you think his target was to make us break even but also you must get the team less competitive so it gets relegated as well.
Surely his job is break even and make the team either successful or stable., he's failed and the owners and club now face probably years in even more of a wilderness.

His job was both ,and I say again doing fifty percent of your job in my eyes is failure

Last edited:

martcov

Do you think his target was to make us break even but also you must get the team less competitive so it gets relegated as well. Hi
Surely his job is break even and make the team either successful or stable., he's failed and the owners and club now face probably years in even more of a wilderness.

His job was both ,and I say again doing fifty percent of your job in my eyes is failure

Does Joy give a toss that we are going down? No. So long as she is no longer having to pay in, all is rosy.

His task is to turn the business round. That is what he claims to do.

The club is no longer making huge losses - in comparison to when he came.

He is doing his job.

Do I like it? No. Will Joy replace him? No. Will he resign? No. Why would he? He is not full time and he has his other businesses to support him. I would guess his payment at CCFC will come if and when Joy gets a few million back. To leave now would not be in his interest.

I would not be surprised if we have a good season in League 2. Easier and cheaper to get than a good season in League 1.

The end of next season will be the time to finally judge Tim Fisher. Then we will know if we have a stadium to play at, an academy and a training ground. If he hasn't got those sorted by then, then he has failed and will probably go - maybe Joy will pull the plug then.

So, ironically, I am hoping that Fisher has some success and keeps the club alive so that maybe someone can buy it.

Grendel

runner

Surely no fans means no business.

It does but "some fans" doesn't ... SISU can make this model work and flex it accordingly whilst there are fans still turning up and next heat will be no different. The 6k ST holders will be nearer 2k plus but that will mean they balance the books accordingly and the team will be even weaker than this year (yes I know ... how you ask) but it's only till they have no income ... that they would have to admit defeat ... sadly this is true

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Not excusing any of his actions or misdirection Rev but as I understand it the final decision in many of the key decisions has not been entirely his or his at all. From what I have learnt various things have been agreed at meetings with CCFC directors only to be knocked back higher up the food chain. Which in its self creates frustrations in relationships with other decision makers. That said I do not believe he is doing anything for the love of CCFC and the intransigent attitude does not help at all.

Fisher is there because he is thick skinned enough to provide a buffer between Seppala/SISU and everyone else. There is no great strategy to the cost cutting to achieve breakeven, he and therefore the club have simply been given no other choice. There is no particular credit to be given to that strategy either (a) because of where it has driven us to (b) because after 5 years of Fisher and 9 years of SISU the club still makes significant losses annually despite large value player sales (c) the ever increasing liabilities. Far from the positive turn around that is spun the business remains in a mess and has got a timely lucky boost from Wembley

Skyblueweeman

Put it this way in the world of investigative journalism he's more Simon Gilbert than Bob Woodward.

He's not your typical investigative journalist...he's a presenter. And to be fair to him, he's probably helped to shine more light on our situation that many, many other people in the sports media. To compare him to Gilbert is unjust in my opinion.

What's interesting about that audio clip is there was no reason why Fisher didn't come on to speak to White. There may be a totally rational explanation but White didn't say why Fisher didn't come on.

What's more interesting is how White got Seppalas number? Coincidence that he spoke to Fisher one night and the next day he calls Seppala? Surely he's given White her number...and surely she'd be pee'd at Fisher for doing so??

At least Sepalla showed her true colours just hanging up on White.

I think there's a bit more to this than meets the eye...

Liquid Gold

Blame Tim Fisher because he was nasty about you over the radio. Sisu could get rid of him and replace him with a new chairman and the decisions would be exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread